Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    Well hopefully the AAA rquirement for So'ton will make it slightly less competitive.
    And they're interviewing as of 2011 - a lot of people will have applied to avoid an interview before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    And they're interviewing as of 2011 - a lot of people will have applied to avoid an interview before.
    Seriously? It said on the website that they wouldn't be. If that's true that's awesome thanks. I really wanted an interview, I didn't think I'd stand that good a chance without one. That'd be brilliant. So'ton would definitely be one of my choices now then. Where did you hear that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    Seriously? It said on the website that they wouldn't be. If that's true that's awesome thanks. I realy wanted an interview, I didn't think I'd stand a good chance without one. That'd be brilliant. So'ton would definitely be one of my choices now then. Where did you hear that?
    Ah, they've changed their website back. A while ago their website ( http://www.som.soton.ac.uk/undergrad/apply/entry/ ) had an applicantlaces ratio (which was 17:1 for BM5, if you're interested) and what was required for an offer, (i.e. UKCAT, application through UCAS, interview) but it's not there any more. It was also floating around as a rumour which I thought they'd confirmed. But as the website now says you won't need an interview, I'd go by that. It's a bit odd, because I also thought they said it at the open day, and that they were thinking of doing it MMI style...

ReputationRep:
    Most unis have increased their requirements!!

ReputationRep:
    I know what you guys are saying the same thing has happened to me. i can't take my A levels now because i got my five C's and above like my teacher said and they've changed the entry requirements to four B's
    GRRRR

ReputationRep:
    do these changes effect those who will be gaining their a2 results or just the new As people applying first time round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neomaster121)
    do these changes effect those who will be gaining their a2 results or just the new As people applying first time round
    For 2011 entry. So gap year + As Students

ReputationRep:
    As soon as a few unis changed their requirements to AAA, the others have to follow suit, otherwise the AAB unis would just get people putting them as insurance as it has a lower offer. Thats what most unis have done it for, their hand was forced.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is AAA for 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    UCL's offers, from 2011 entry, are going to be AAA. Also they now need both Chemistry and Biology taken up to A2.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/m...quirements.pdf
    ucl offer was AAA this year, last year, the year before LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vutterman)
    ucl offer was AAA this year, last year, the year before LOL
    I think 2009 was AAB. So er, no.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester has changed their offer for 2011 entry from AAB to AAA.

ReputationRep:
    I NEED some urgent help. I am predicted A*AAb for A-level and I got 2A* 3As 3B 3C at GCSE. I got 637.5 in my ukcat (510 680 680 680). I want to apply for dentistry, and my teacher said that I have to tell her about my final decision about what degree I want to study. ---Is it true that medicine entry 2011 is easier than dentistry entry 2011?- (By the way I am still looking into medicine or civil engineering)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student guy)
    I NEED some urgent help. I am predicted A*AAb for A-level and I got 2A* 3As 3B 3C at GCSE. I got 637.5 in my ukcat (510 680 680 680). I want to apply for dentistry, and my teacher said that I have to tell her about my final decision about what degree I want to study. ---Is it true that medicine entry 2011 is easier than dentistry entry 2011?- (By the way I am still looking into medicine or civil engineering)
    Woah, Medicine, Dentistry and Engineering?

Thats a pretty wide spectrum..

Its not true that medicine entry is easier than dentistry. If you want to go for dentistry then go for it. What is your personal statement/work experience geared around?

ReputationRep:
    guys i got AAB ( AA in chem and bio) and a B in maths , but ive got the wels back qualification that counts as 120 ucas points so it an A.
    Im applying to medicine so would unis accept AA PLUS welsh back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    guys i got AAB ( AA in chem and bio) and a B in maths , but ive got the wels back qualification that counts as 120 ucas points so it an A.
    Im applying to medicine so would unis accept AA PLUS welsh back
    you'll need to contact every medical school you are interested in to get there current admissions view on it. however, it would not supprise me if the majority will no consider it to meet an AAA entry requirement simply its an alternative on points. im not familiar with the qualification though so deffo get in touch asap with the 'schools!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.