Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uni is so different to what i thought it would be Watch

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people i spoke to said uni years would be the 'best in your life' but im already in my second semester and not really enjoying it. i mean its a good experience but hard and boring work with not much fun. does anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally you should try to have your first time with someone you love or care about otherwise it would seem pretty meaningless. That problably wouldn't help your situation as it would probably make you doubt your sexuality more, as you wouldn't have a connection with the person.
    But then again why not try confiding in your best friend about it, you don't have to tell them who it is, but they know you best and might be able to help you better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Emmy)
    Ideally you should try to have your first time with someone you love or care about otherwise it would seem pretty meaningless. That problably wouldn't help your situation as it would probably make you doubt your sexuality more, as you wouldn't have a connection with the person.
    But then again why not try confiding in your best friend about it, you don't have to tell them who it is, but they know you best and might be able to help you better
    :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    On your own, im having a great time :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Thread recognition fail. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    :confused:
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that doesn't have anything to do with what the OP said

ReputationRep:
    Maybe OP edited the thread, and title?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: how could you misread the original post

ReputationRep:
    No surprise that the work is 'hard', but if it's boring, are you sure you've picked the right course?

It's the best time of your life because of many things; you might not have discovered them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Lol
    I swear I was just on a different post....

OOOPPPSSSSYYYYY

ReputationRep:
    I think it's different to what a lot of people expect. Would changing course/Unis help? I say stick at it because second year is a hell of a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    On your own, im having a great time :fyi:
    Helpful post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    Maybe OP edited the thread, and title?
    Especially seeing as it says edited underneath....

Oh well:p:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by riz1234)
    a lot of people i spoke to said uni years would be the 'best in your life' but im already in my second semester and not really enjoying it. i mean its a good experience but hard and boring work with not much fun. does anyone else feel like this?
    You're at ****ing university, of course it's meant to be hard you 'tard.

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand.

OP - I went to university thinking I will have the best day's of my life and truly thought it would be a turning point for me however I hated every second of it and I left after a year.

Are you enjoying your course? And what is it about university that you are not liking?

Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    Gosh these comments are making mee nervous !

im working to get money but i am going uni in sept and i want to have a bloody good time

op maybe it still needs time, at the end of the day university can be made better with better people so try finding a friend as some posts say which i always read join societies and be really socially active hopefully your find a good friend to enjoy your time with.

hope it gets better for you but if the shoe dont fit dont force it.

ReputationRep:
    I like my course but i dont like the people. So much for "life long friends". So far ive met 3 poeple that arent fake.

ReputationRep:
    My course is immensely hard, over 30 hours a week im in and it's only 1st year It depends what you where up to before you joined uni, the main reason ppl say "it'll be you're best year so far" is because of all the new people you'll meet, most of whom are absolute pricks! I don't know who i hate more, the one's who put that fake uni accent on, the ones who constantly ask if you got you're hole (none of you're ******* buisness!) the ones who never have their own idea's or beliefs, and just go with the crowd OR the girls who think they are hot when their not and like to talk about manipulating guys;
    1) me and most of you're m8's don't give a flying **** about it
    2) you've been watching too much desperate housewifes like me :p:
    3) you're fat/ugly/annoying (one or more) ---- /convo
    enough of the rant...point is that the main goings on are parties (can get them at home) meeting new ppl (can get that at work!) meeting the girl of you're dream (bs) increasing you're ego (that's what facebook is for) and freedom, but you don't need to be at uni to move out

ReputationRep:
    yeah- I totally sympathise. Everyone told me Cambridge is absolutely amazing and people have an amazing time here (and some people do). Now I'm here, I've grown to think its ridiculous how much work people do (I'm happy to work hard and think thats what uni should be- but pulling all-nighters on a regular basis- especially for subjects like history and philosophy where its mainly the skills that are important is just ridiculous).

I do also think though, that its because of the people that I'm not having the time of my life- they're actually a really nice bunch and there's nothing wrong with them- I just don't click with them as well as I have done with people in other places I've been- I think its just luck. People just don't enjoy doing the same things as me, it isn't really possible to have decent parties, which is what I enjoy..

Plus I think everyone's just beginning to 'find themselves' and we'll all have much more fun as time goes on/ once we've all got a bit more experience of life

ReputationRep:
    uni is like everything is life. it is what you make of it.

you have to grasp the opportunities. and believe me, uni has opportunities given to you on a plate.

but you still have to take them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.