Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I bet you dont spend as little as my friend?! watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was at uni my partner and I had around a tenner to do our food shopping- my loans were all late and we were living off his dole money. We went out a handful of times while we were there for meals and cinema when my parents sent me up some money.

I can easily do my food shopping on £15.

ReputationRep:
    Probably spend about £25 a week on food. So on average including nights out, cinema, clothes shopping (I don't do all this every week!) I probably spend about £50 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I might have to start buying these 9p noodles that everyone keeps talking about,I will try not to get scurvy ; )

I also need to start cutting back on nights out,I am sure lambrini will do the job,haha!

ReputationRep:
    I used to spend about £10 on my weekly shops. But this year it has turned into £20. I can't help it, I like to have the best of the best sometimes

I do need to start cutting down on buying sandwiches in uni though. I could save a fortune doing that. But I tend to spend the rest of the money on things like dvds, books for my extra reading (I nearly have a whole library to myself... seriously).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyjude91)
    I might have to start buying these 9p noodles that everyone keeps talking about,I will try not to get scurvy ; )

I also need to start cutting back on nights out,I am sure lambrini will do the job,haha!
    I would rather not go out than stoop to lambrini personally :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah buying sandwich I big waste of money and something I always tell our readers not to do,it can be a bit annoying taking sandwiches in every morning, but definetely worth it!

Have you read all these books welsh_insomniac? maybe you need to read them all before you buy any more,haha. Looks like you have got quite an impressive dvd collection aswell!

Can anybody else beat £25 a week?

ReputationRep:
    £75
    But £20 is on food, maybe £20 on going out. The rest on clothes/ books/ birthday presents

ReputationRep:
    Haha are you more of a cheap cider sort of person?

Whats your tipple then?

ReputationRep:
    tbh im about the same as your mate (maybe less tbh)

not including things like rent/gas/electric etc

17 a week on food, 1.49 a week on pain killers, thats less than 20 a week

ReputationRep:
    i spend about £25 a wk.
    but i barely drink when i go out, and there are free buses back from the club i go to...

ReputationRep:
    £70-£100 per week, or so.

...Although, last week was £150. Accursed birthday present buying. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyjude91)
    Haha are you more of a cheap cider sort of person?

Whats your tipple then?
    I can no longer drink strongbow sober ( tend to go for the drink something nice for 1-2 drinks then move onto the swill)

Personally I like wine, there is one wine I am partial to and it is only £3.90 (though it is only 9.5% but still)

Then neat spirits (THough I will NEVER EVER drink value rum again after that dare...first and last time I should have known it came in a plastic bottle ffs)

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good effort tinkerbell, dont you spend money on going out? which always seems to be a popular expense!

If not I might just have to eat my hat ; )

ReputationRep:
    £25 a week is stupidly little. I spend about £15-£20 on food a week (that's averagely, i tend to spend more for 2 weeks and stock up and then in the next few weeks just get a bit of veg and bread and stuff). Going out can be as little as a few pints at the SU (£5) up to weeks like this week when i've ended up going out every night. I guess i usually end up spending about £40 a week. I always think that's just too much though! Saying that, this week has been stupid on the going out front... i think i'll probably end up spending about £60 on going out which just hurts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I can no longer drink strongbow sober ( tend to go for the drink something nice for 1-2 drinks then move onto the swill)

Personally I like wine, there is one wine I am partial to and it is only £3.90 (though it is only 9.5% but still)

Then neat spirits (THough I will NEVER EVER drink value rum again after that dare...first and last time I should have known it came in a plastic bottle ffs)
    try tesco value peach schnapz.

i had a whole bottle to myself doing shots...god knows how i didnt chuck up and could still walk down my mates stairs quietly in 5 inch heels...

im not a uni student though, so i dont spend any money on food really apart from a sub once a week from subway during my lunches

ReputationRep:
    I spend £10-£15 a week on food, on top of having store cupboard ingredients that I take to university (nothing expensive, just tins of food, pasta etc.)

I'm not sure how much I spend a week because the only thing I buy consistently is food. I spend money on other things which cost a lot more, such as train tickets and things I buy for myself (I bought a £50 tent the other week). I don't think I spend a lot of money at all though -I can be quite frugal with it! Haha, at least I don't waste it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    try tesco value peach schnapz.

i had a whole bottle to myself doing shots...god knows how i didnt chuck up and could still walk down my mates stairs quietly in 5 inch heels...

im not a uni student though, so i dont spend any money on food really apart from a sub once a week from subway during my lunches
    Oh god no.

After about 5 seconds I had to vomit my double value rum up. It tasted like petrol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

That wine sounds like a great plan! I normally try and get a good balance between price and taste, so usually end up with drinking rose wine!

Even though I am partial to the odd bottle of Strongbow, unlike you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radfordboy87)
    Thats a good effort tinkerbell, dont you spend money on going out? which always seems to be a popular expense!

If not I might just have to eat my hat ; )

i rarely go out, if i do its probably closer to 30 quid a week we spend but tbh since im living on 35 a week its hard to go out all the time lol plus im saving for a treadmill so ive cut right down on what i spend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    They're a squirrel.
    :rofl: rep

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.