Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i speak these languages fluently : english, urdu, so ive put (proficient) in brackets next to it in my CV. shud i write FLUENT instead?

i can also speak gujrati and french. but not as fluent, what shud i write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklLZz)
    i speak these languages fluently : english, urdu, so ive put (proficient) in brackets next to it in my CV. shud i write FLUENT instead?

I would.

Depending on your level of proficiency in French and Gujariti, you could write basic/working knowledge/conversational skills/proficiency... etc. Whatever is suitable.

ReputationRep:

That's quite a coincidence, I also speak Gujurati & French but not fluently.

I'd say fluent as it's clearer than proficient. For the other perhaps reasonable / good / working knowledge (if not so good).

English - Fluent
    Urdu - Fluent
    French - Reasonable
    Gujurati - Reasonable

ReputationRep:
    hey alecc... u r a super cool dude for postin that site add.

oh and thanx jools n alec for ya replies.

i have one more question...

what shud i write in OBJECTIVE section on my CV???

im sending my CV to get work experience at a law firm before i start university in september 2004. so that i can get some good idea etc etc.

what shud i write?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    hey alecc... u r a super cool dude for postin that site add.

oh and thanx jools n alec for ya replies.

i have one more question...

what shud i write in OBJECTIVE section on my CV???

im sending my CV to get work experience at a law firm before i start university in september 2004. so that i can get some good idea etc etc.

what shud i write?
    Where you are, how you've got there, where you're trying to go and how you intend to get there. (ie "to get work experience at a law firm before i start university in september 2004. so that i can get some good idea")

Don't call it objective just leave it without a title at the top of the CV.

(Oh and don't write Curriculum Vitae across the top of the page - write your name instead...200 CVs all titled CV are a pain to sort through, 200 CVs all titled after the person they belong to are easier to track)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Where you are, how you've got there, where you're trying to go and how you intend to get there. (ie "to get work experience at a law firm before i start university in september 2004. so that i can get some good idea")

Don't call it objective just leave it without a title at the top of the CV.

(Oh and don't write Curriculum Vitae across the top of the page - write your name instead...200 CVs all titled CV are a pain to sort through, 200 CVs all titled after the person they belong to are easier to track)
    hey thanx. yeh mines got ma name on it not Curriculum Vitae.

So i shud jus write why im sending the CV basically. okee.
    thanxxxxx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    hey thanx. yeh mines got ma name on it not Curriculum Vitae.

So i shud jus write why im sending the CV basically. okee.
    thanxxxxx
    You should explain fully *why* you're sending your CV in the covering letter you send with it.

The Summary paragraph should just be a few sentences that explain your ultimate aims and the path you hope to follow to achieve them (along with a sentence or two explaining the path so far). Keep it short and quite general (ie "I hope to eventually become a lawyer/soliciter/barrister. I plan to achieve this through a degree course at university in 2005(?). At present I'm on a gap year/studying A levels and wish to use my time now to broaden my knowledge and experience of law.")

ReputationRep:
    ohhh thanx hunn that rlly helped

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.