Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, advice please.

I recently signed a new tenancy agreement for another six months. Sent back the signed agreement and paid six months rent in advance. Now today I have been sent another tenancy agreement saying "sorry, there is now a £25 a month water charge".

I cant be expected to pay the extra £25 per month can I?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If your landlord had already signed it without that stipulation then no I don't think so. If they have just added it I'm pretty sure you can pull out anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt they can enforce it.

ReputationRep:
    [

If you've both signed the agreement, then that is an agreement to the terms and conditions you were told about prior to signing.

For there to be a valid agreement, both parties must unconditionally agree to the express terms given in the offer.

So basically, the landlors has offered you the extended tennancy, you have accepted, therefore they cannot enforce the £25 without 1. breaking the contract (making them liable for damages) or 2. amending the contract (at your discretion).

So, yeah - tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for replies.

They can whistle for it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.