Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure about this girl - is she just messing me around? watch

Announcements

I recently met a girl off a online dating website, Never really done that before but thought what the heck I'll see what its like. First night I was just looking through people and had a girl pop up and started chatting to me... seemed to get on ok and lived across other side of town, so we swapped numbers.
    So next day, spent quite alot of time texting each other and she asked when I was taking her out? I said I wasnt sure, and she asked if I was free that day... I couldnt as had to work afternoon, so I said ok, how bout Fri night? anyway...
    Friday night comes around and we had arranged to meet in a bar in town. I walked out the back as said she was having a cigarette out there so I walked out there. She had brought a mate with her!! I thought hmm ok! Not the normal sort of deal on a date! Then a guy walked out and she introduced him as her mates bf. Not a problem with that but is very awkward meeting a date for the first time aswell as 2 other friends of hers! Her friend told me to make sure she doesnt text or use her phone as she is addicted to texting (more on this later)

Anyway, at 8.30 we went to a restuarant as we had booked one, so left her mates in town and went there, seemed to get on great and everything so after leaving she asked what shall we do? I said well we can hit a bar if you want? She agreed so we went to one, was abit quiet there and she got a text from her mates and asked me if we should go join them? To be honest I wasnt really too comfortable with the idea as it is abit weird for me going around with 3 people in town you only just met!
    Anyway cut the story short... ended up getting very drunk and ended up loosing them so staggered home.

Next day(saturday) I said was sorry that lost them and she seemed a nice girl and asked if she would like to meet up again, and she said she would love to. So told her to let me know when she was free, she had previously told me she is off work for 2 weeks and wasnt doing anything all week. So I said ok hows monday for you?...No reply
    (as in avoiding the question) so monday comes and had noticed her texts had dropped down alot and not even any hint from her about meeting up as I had asked - knew she was at home doing nothing.
    Later that night I asked her again if she was sure she wanted to meet up again.. she said yeah I do I already told you!, I said ok let me know when your free... and again.. no reply and avoided the question.
    Ever since then she hardly texts at all now - this from a girl who did maybe 50 to 60 times a day down to about maybe 8, and that was only as I sort of kept it going and only replied if I texted her first.
    Well since yesterday lunchtime, I havnt even heard from her at all...

Am I right in assuming she has lost interest? I have seen her logged on the dating site and no chats from her since monday.
    Today I have purposely not text her, just to see if she bothers to text me at all, but I doubt it somehow.

Im not really sure what to think or do, is this one of those situations where she is too scared to say ''No sorry I dont want to meet you again'' and just hope I go away?

Sorry for the long post!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, she's lost interest. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    She seems like a right wierdo, more so than most women! Maybe phone her in a couple days time?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was quite a good idea for her to bring a mate or two along, it may not have been ideal for you but she did the right thing!

I'd leave it tbh, if she contacts you again then great, if not you can move on.

ReputationRep:
    What dating site?

ReputationRep:
    hmm I say she may have lost interest, do you see online still?

(Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
    What dating site?
    dating direct

ok well I did get a text from her today at 3pm Just saying hey babe how are you? and I text back saying Im ok thankyou, havnt had a reply in almost 4 hours.

I know all of you guys are right, in saying shes not too bothered, actually, I wasnt expecting her to text today. I think its a case of giving back what you recieve now in terms of communication. See if fizzles out or what.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds messed up from the get go. Did you ask how many other blokes she's met from that dating site?

ReputationRep:
    She's not interested, move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.