Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fir psychology, just a conditional from Strathy (ABB) and a unsuccesful fir Edinburger!! I fancy Stirling though so hoping to get a conditional from there too! Campus is amazing and good sports facilities! Nice living area too! Only thing is I've heard the halls are mince but nothing is perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicCircleBoy)
    OK I know you probably don't care lol but if you could just give me a hint as to which to choose

Dundee:

- I think their low entry requirements put me off, because I only need ABBBB at Higher, whereas HW wants AAAB for Finance and Business Law.

- It is away from home so would cost more and I wouldn't be able to get a car.

- There isn't as much to do as there is in Edinburgh.

Heriot Watt:

- I'd be 20 mins from the campus so I can live at home and save 5k a year, so I could get a good car.

- There is high entry requirements so I get the impression that this is saying something about the quality of the course.

- I'm not too sure about it's reputation, and specifically for the Finance/Business area.

- I know people at HW so it would make fitting in easier.

- I would also be in Edinburgh, so I could still see all my school friends etc.

- I would be able to work in Finance, or Law (upon completing a one year full time conversion course after my degree).

What do you think I should choose, I have no idea and its killing me
    I know you weren't asking me ... but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

By just reading what you've said here it seems to me you already know which you should choose. HW seems to have a lot more pros for you and it looks like you might have already subconsciously decided that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    You applying to law too?? Ohh what's your first choice? And if you don't mind me asking, what did ya get last year?xxx
    No not Law, Economics.. however I worked in a law firm last summer and loved it.. so may end up doing a graduate degree in it!
    Dundees my first choice because i want to move away from glasgow and thought it was lovely. Going up on the 17th again to have another look, whats your first choice?
    last year i got AAC - and sitting 2 highers this year due to havign taken unwell last year i couldnt sit the full 5 xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxy-Q.O.S)
    Fir psychology, just a conditional from Strathy (ABB) and a unsuccesful fir Edinburger!! I fancy Stirling though so hoping to get a conditional from there too! Campus is amazing and good sports facilities! Nice living area too! Only thing is I've heard the halls are mince but nothing is perfect
    yupp heard the halls are mince but im going to go stay over night at a friends halls in stirling next week.. ill let you know how it goes! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    I know you weren't asking me ... but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

By just reading what you've said here it seems to me you already know which you should choose. HW seems to have a lot more pros for you and it looks like you might have already subconsciously decided that!

Oh no I was really just asking for opinions, not anyone specifically...

Thanks for your opinion, and I actually thin you're right, it's just I don't want to miss an 'opportunity', and so I want to make sure I won't regret not choosing Dundee...

Is a law degree a law degree nonetheless?

You know...lol really confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    edinburgh seem to be slow in all areas to be honest
    I thnk it's the thought that after all the work I put in and having followed me since 1st year the idea of me not getting an offer seems mad in her eyes, she also comes up with interesting admissions conspiracy theorys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicCircleBoy)
    Oh no I was really just asking for opinions, not anyone specifically...

Thanks for your opinion, and I actually thin you're right, it's just I don't want to miss an 'opportunity', and so I want to make sure I won't regret not choosing Dundee...

Is a law degree a law degree nonetheless?

You know...lol really confusing.

Im sure you will love HW and get a great law degree, it seems the best idea for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position. I keep going over reasons for choosing each uni and I KNOW where I want to go but I keep looking elsewhere in case I'm making the wrong decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    she also comes up with interesting admissions conspiracy theorys
    ... I'm intrigued?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I thnk it's the thought that after all the work I put in and having followed me since 1st year the idea of me not getting an offer seems mad in her eyes, she also comes up with interesting admissions conspiracy theorys
    she seems more worried than you are! whats your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position. I keep going over reasons for choosing each uni and I KNOW where I want to go but I keep looking elsewhere in case I'm making the wrong decision.
    its one of the biggest decisions of your life, we all have to make sure!

ReputationRep:
    yupp heard the halls are mince but im going to go stay over night at a friends halls in stirling next week.. ill let you know how it goes! x
    Taa very much!! They can't be as bad as the halls I stay in the noo lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Meh don't worry about it too much guys remebr you can always drop out and start again if you hate it lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Taa very much!! They can't be as bad as the halls I stay in the noo lol!!
    where you at now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Meh don't worry about it too much guys remebr you can always drop out and start again if you hate it lol :p:
    Haha I'm paying my own fees... and I'm already behind my peers in terms of careers/houses/marriage. I need to get this right first time lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm paying my own fees... and I'm already behind my peers in terms of careers/houses/marriage. I need to get this right first time lol :p:
    you'll get it right don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Youll be fine lol

Surley if you hate it and drop outa few months in youll get a refund though?

ReputationRep:
    where you at now?
    Just at college the now! Langside College in Glasgow! Its a crackin' wee college but the halls are shocking! They just failed the health and safety evaluation lol! Where you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Youll be fine lol

Surley if you hate it and drop outa few months in youll get a refund though?
    Don't think so

Plus I'll have wasted a year because I wont be able to go to another uni unti Sept 2011!

I didn't care this much first time round. I was 17, I had all the time in the world. By the time I do this degree, my PGDE and probation year I'll be a few months shy of 30! I can't waste years lol.

ReputationRep:
    Just at college the now! Langside College in Glasgow! Its a crackin' wee college but the halls are shocking! They just failed the health and safety evaluation lol! Where you from?
    haha Langside College!
    what are the chances! Studying economics and english highers!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.