Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxy-Q.O.S)
    Just at college the now! Langside College in Glasgow! Its a crackin' wee college but the halls are shocking! They just failed the health and safety evaluation lol! Where you from?
    LOL seriously?!

Don't worry stirlings health an safety is fine, it's just a bit small and cramped but you can pay more for the nicer halls

To be honest it's just somewhere to sleep lol and party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    LOL seriously?!

Don't worry stirlings health an safety is fine, it's just a bit small and cramped but you can pay more for the nicer halls

better have somethign good planned for when im through next week hen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Don't think so

Plus I'll have wasted a year because I wont be able to go to another uni unti Sept 2011!

I didn't care this much first time round. I was 17, I had all the time in the world. By the time I do this degree, my PGDE and probation year I'll be a few months shy of 30! I can't waste years lol.
    Well I say stirling :p:

Do you not do the pgde with the education degree at stirling? Or is that wrong lol. Cos I know you need an interview for the education course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    better have somethign good planned for when im through next week hen!
    Its refreshers so you will probably end up hammered with me lol :p:

We can see the ducks :love:

You'll get a hit of student life that isn't the open days cos it'll just be like normal and you can decide if halls is for you haha

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews: Mediaeval History and Archaeology - Unconditional
    Edinburgh: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Glasgow: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Aberdeen: Archaeology & Anthropology - Unconditional
    Cambridge (Queens') Archaeology & Anthropology - AAA

Really can't decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Its refreshers so you will probably end up hammered with me lol :p:

We can see the ducks :love:

You'll get a hit of student life that isn't the open days cos it'll just be like normal and you can decide if halls is for you haha

it will be like old times getting hammered with the rona (last name she wishes not to disclose)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias Grace)
    St Andrews: Mediaeval History and Archaeology - Unconditional
    Edinburgh: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Glasgow: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Aberdeen: Archaeology & Anthropology - Unconditional
    Cambridge (Queens') Archaeology & Anthropology - AAA

congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    it will be like old times getting hammered with the ..!
    haha quite :p:

Can you edit your post and take out my name pleeaase im a bit paranoid like that lol

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone

I think some english unis have problems with the scottish qualifications. I've always been told that A's at advanced higher are harder to get than at A level - but they still give you then same offer as that at a levels

p.s all my offers are in my sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    haha quite :p:

Can you edit your post and take out my name pleeaase im a bit paranoid like that lol
    tadaaa

ReputationRep:
    congratulations!
    Thanks! Now the hard part of choosing as I really don't know, especially regarding Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shvin)
    Well done everyone

I think some english unis have problems with the scottish qualifications. I've always been told that A's at advanced higher are harder to get than at A level - but they still give you then same offer as that at a levels

p.s all my offers are in my sig
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations and good luck peeps.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Now the hard part of choosing as I really don't know, especially regarding Cambridge.
    haha you have any idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    LOL seriously?!

yeah they are shockin!! Ye have to wear body armour to protect yourself from falling debris lol!!

aye I heard the halls at Stirling were pretty cramped but it's like you say......sleep and party

are you staying in the halls aye?

ReputationRep:
    haha you have any idea?
    I've got it down to St Andrews, Edinburgh or Cambridge. I can see both positive and negative sides to them all but the main hold back is being a long way from home ie. Cambridge. If I were to choose Edinburgh, I'd probably opt for staying at home.

ReputationRep:
    I've got it down to St Andrews, Edinburgh or Cambridge. I can see both positive and negative sides to them all but the main hold back is being a long way from home ie. Cambridge. If I were to choose Edinburgh, I'd probably opt for staying at home.
    thats fair enough, would you not need to pay fees if you went to Cambridge aswell?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Heeey.

English (literature):
    Aberdeen: Unconditional
    Glasgow: Unconditional
    Edinburgh:
    St Andrews:

Immunology:
    Aberdeen: Unconditional

I procrastinate waaaaaaay too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)

I procrastinate waaaaaaay too much.

its alright i do too!!

ReputationRep:
    she seems more worried than you are! whats your first choice?
    Edinburgh is my first choice and the one I'm probably least likely to get in to I always knew there was a chance of 5 rejections so I guess I'm kinda prepared for it if it happens whereas she isn't used to medicine applicants and the few she had had have tended to get places (Heriot Watt chemistry course here I come if it all goes pearshaped...). Reading that back it makes me sound pessimistic but i just mean I'm aware that people can have 5As and get rejected - just hopefully not me :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.