Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias Grace)
    Thanks! Now the hard part of choosing as I really don't know, especially regarding Cambridge.
    That must be a pretty difficult decision, though you have done well to be in a position to make it. I didn't apply to Oxbridge because of fees and because their courses didn't suit me and I didn't think it was really for me but for lots of people it's the right place to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    Edinburgh is my first choice and the one I'm probably least likely to get in to I always knew there was a chance of 5 rejections so I guess I'm kinda prepared for it if it happens whereas she isn't used to medicine applicants and the few she had had have tended to get places (Heriot Watt chemistry course here I come if it all goes pearshaped...). Reading that back it makes me sound pessimistic but i just mean I'm aware that people can have 5As and get rejected - just hopefully not me :p:
    yes fingers crossed its not you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxy-Q.O.S)
    yeah they are shockin!! Ye have to wear body armour to protect yourself from falling debris lol!!

aye I heard the halls at Stirling were pretty cramped but it's like you say......sleep and party

are you staying in the halls aye?
    Yeah murray hall! It's basic but its awesome

Ash is nice and ensuite but it is far too quiet for me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I was torn between Glasgow and Aberdeen, until I got an offer from Edinburgh so now I think it's between Ed and Glas. :yes: Aberdeen's pretty small from what I remember, and I heard somewhere that they don't have a union.

Where are you from?
    Really? hmm i'll need to have a look.
    near paisley, about 11 miles from glasgow, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Any nursing applicants in Scotland heard anything yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shvin)
    Well done everyone

I think some english unis have problems with the scottish qualifications. I've always been told that A's at advanced higher are harder to get than at A level - but they still give you then same offer as that at a levels

p.s all my offers are in my sig
    Not always, a few friends have received offers of AAB/AA from English universities which traditionally ask for AAA at A level. It looks like Highers and Adv Highers are finally beginning to get the recognition that they deserve

Law:
    Edinburgh - unconditional
    Aberdeen - unconditional
    Warwick - pending
    Bristol - pending
    Durham - pending

Expecting rejections from my 3 English choices, don't really care though - Edinburgh is amazing for law. Any other future lawyers here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    That must be a pretty difficult decision, though you have done well to be in a position to make it. I didn't apply to Oxbridge because of fees and because their courses didn't suit me and I didn't think it was really for me but for lots of people it's the right place to go to.
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    thats fair enough, would you not need to pay fees if you went to Cambridge aswell?
    Yeah tution fees are £3,290 per year which is a slight put off but my parents have said they would help out plus it really shouldn't be the deciding factor. I'm going to be in dept regardless of where I go but staying at home might mean a few extra comforts.

I going to go for another visit to St Andrews and Edinburgh and hopefully should be able to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    Really? hmm i'll need to have a look.
    near paisley, about 11 miles from glasgow, wbu?
    Think so. I haven't been in years, was gonna go to the applicant day 3rd March but I'm not so sure now. Pretty set on Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Ooh, cool. You not wanting to get away from Glasgow then? :P: I'm from Dundee. Can't wait to get away though, bloody hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias Grace)
    St Andrews: Mediaeval History and Archaeology - Unconditional
    Edinburgh: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Glasgow: Archaeology - Unconditional
    Aberdeen: Archaeology & Anthropology - Unconditional
    Cambridge (Queens') Archaeology & Anthropology - AAA

Really can't decide.
    Amazing offers, well done you! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Amazing offers, well done you! :yes:
    Thanks! Well done on yours too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yeah murray hall! It's basic but its awesome

Ash is nice and ensuite but it is far too quiet for me lol
    Aye it's miles better when there is a wee bit ae action lol!! You might know my cousin! He stays in halls at Stirling but Im not sure which part!! Mark Hogg?

ReputationRep:
    Aye it's miles better when there is a wee bit ae action lol!! You might know my cousin! He stays in halls at Stirling but Im not sure which part!! Mark Hogg?
    LOL I have him on facebook ahaha

Smaaaalll world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    LOL I have him on facebook ahaha

Smaaaalll world
    hahaha this is some night!! First I meet somebody from the same college as me on here and then somebody who not only knows my cousin but has him on facebook too lol!! ye couldnae make it up hahaha!!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha this is some night!! First I meet somebody from the same college as me on here and then somebody who not only knows my cousin but has him on facebook too lol!! ye couldnae make it up hahaha!!
    Lol to be fair though stirling is tiny ahah everyone knows everyone xD

ReputationRep:
    Think so. I haven't been in years, was gonna go to the applicant day 3rd March but I'm not so sure now. Pretty set on Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Ooh, cool. You not wanting to get away from Glasgow then? :P: I'm from Dundee. Can't wait to get away though, bloody hate it.
    Kind of, but I love the university itself :love:
    Just got an unconditional, over the moon!
    My friend's at Abertay, he does my head in these days though, all he does is moan about uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Lol to be fair though stirling is tiny ahah everyone knows everyone xD
    thats true!! nice wee bit aswell though!! was up at the end of last year with some folks from my college!! was impressed with the wee mini shopping centre on campus!! then a pub and nightclub round the corner lol!! do people actually use that or do most people just go into town?

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh some people in here live in Eaglesham? Ohh. Near me. Very near :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcmd)
    Not always, a few friends have received offers of AAB/AA from English universities which traditionally ask for AAA at A level. It looks like Highers and Adv Highers are finally beginning to get the recognition that they deserve

Law:
    Edinburgh - unconditional
    Aberdeen - unconditional
    Warwick - pending
    Bristol - pending
    Durham - pending

Expecting rejections from my 3 English choices, don't really care though - Edinburgh is amazing for law. Any other future lawyers here?
    Thats phenomenal, well done! I'm applying to :-

Glasgow - Law&Spanish - conditional for a B in Higher Spanish cause I dont have a qualification in it yet
    Aberdeen - Law&European Studies - unconditional
    Edinburgh - Law&Spanish - pending
    Edinburgh - International Relations&International Law - pending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereallyoriginalname)
    Thats phenomenal, well done! I'm applying to :-

Glasgow - Law&Spanish - conditional for a B in Higher Spanish cause I dont have a qualification in it yet
    Aberdeen - Law&European Studies - unconditional
    Edinburgh - Law&Spanish - pending
    Edinburgh - International Relations&International Law - pending
    Cheers

I got AAAAB at higher too, so if you've got a strong PS you've probably got a fair chance of getting unconditionals from Edinburgh.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    thats true!! nice wee bit aswell though!! was up at the end of last year with some folks from my college!! was impressed with the wee mini shopping centre on campus!! then a pub and nightclub round the corner lol!! do people actually use that or do most people just go into town?
    We go to the pub fround the corner of course :p:
    THEN we go into town

The atrium is good cos it has starbucks now

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.