(Original post by pamelaa)
    Woahhh some people in here live in Eaglesham? Ohh. Near me. Very near :P

haha really thats crazy lol!

ReputationRep:
    You probably went to the same school hows that for wierd

ReputationRep:
    Yup, probably.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to ask earlier, are any of you guys from the lothians region thinking of doing the LEAPS summer school? I really don't know whether to go for it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runninghome)
    I forgot to ask earlier, are any of you guys from the lothians region thinking of doing the LEAPS summer school? I really don't know whether to go for it or not.
    I know some people who did it last year and they thought it was a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. It is good if you are sure you won't meet your offer, but otherwise, I would avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    I know some people who did it last year and they thought it was a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. It is good if you are sure you won't meet your offer, but otherwise, I would avoid.
    ah ok, thanks I'm definitely going to meet my condition so I don't think it's necessary but we've literally been bombarded with it and had students come and talk to us (lie) about how amazing it was etc. But 7 weeks just seems SO long and there's exams and everything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runninghome)
    ah ok, thanks I'm definitely going to meet my condition so I don't think it's necessary but we've literally been bombarded with it and had students come and talk to us (lie) about how amazing it was etc. But 7 weeks just seems SO long and there's exams and everything..
    After exams is 3 and a half months of doing nothing, or just chilling out. That is how it is meant to be- starting uni is a big thing as it means you only have four years til you have to get a real job. The moral is make the most of the huge holidays we get as it is scarily soon until the 9-5 commences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    After exams is 3 and a half months of doing nothing, or just chilling out. That is how it is meant to be- starting uni is a big thing as it means you only have four years til you have to get a real job. The moral is make the most of the huge holidays we get as it is scarily soon until the 9-5 commences.
    Good point actually, although they made it sound great for the social side, I'm not sure if it's really worth the grinding (voluntary) workload. Plus, I've saved up for summer and really wanted to make the most of it. Ah well, sounds like it's not for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    Kind of, but I love the university itself :love:
    Just got an unconditional, over the moon!
    My friend's at Abertay, he does my head in these days though, all he does is moan about uni :p:
    Omg, well done you! :woo:
    They're still torturing me with this waiting business - *******s!

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to come across any scottish social work applicants so I doubt this will be of interest to any of you!

Strathclyde-Still waiting after sending off my second application.
    Edinburgh-Still waiting!
    Stirling-Rejection based on lack of experience which is a little bit gash.
    Caley-Still waiting!
    UWS-Offer. I must receive a C in English which is more than doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Omg, well done you! :woo:
    They're still torturing me with this waiting business - *******s!
    Thank you!
    They sent it at 11.15pm....maybe you'll get yours tonight :yep: fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan____)
    I'm yet to come across any scottish social work applicants so I doubt this will be of interest to any of you!

Strathclyde-Still waiting after sending off my second application.
    Edinburgh-Still waiting!
    Stirling-Rejection based on lack of experience which is a little bit gash.
    Caley-Still waiting!
    UWS-Offer. I must receive a C in English which is more than doable.
    Hey, I'm another scottish social work applicant

Social work

Caley - ????
    GSSW - Acknowledged

Criminology

Caley - ????

when did you get your essay thing off strathclyde? My application was sent on 11th jan but have heard nowt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraland)
    Hey, I'm another scottish social work applicant

Social work

Caley - ????
    GSSW - Acknowledged

Criminology

Caley - ????

when did you get your essay thing off strathclyde? My application was sent on 11th jan but have heard nowt.
    I think mine arrived mid january? I sent UCAS off though in like october though so it took ages.
    My essays were awful though=(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan____)
    I think mine arrived mid january? I sent UCAS off though in like october though so it took ages.
    My essays were awful though=(
    October :eek: , gawd you've been waiting ages, i'd be tearing my hair out lol I had an essay to send for another uni in belfast and that was total pish, its so hard when you dont know what exactly they are looking for.

anyways thanks for replying, wishing you luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicCircleBoy)
    Sorry, but it would be of great help if you could tell me your grades for Higher and perhaps standard grade?

It would actually help me alot in choosing which uni to choose.

Thanks.
    would love to however im not scottish sorry!
    ) i know i know maybe i should have reade the thread properly?)
    but in a level terms
    bbb
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    No not Law, Economics.. however I worked in a law firm last summer and loved it.. so may end up doing a graduate degree in it!
    Dundees my first choice because i want to move away from glasgow and thought it was lovely. Going up on the 17th again to have another look, whats your first choice?
    last year i got AAC - and sitting 2 highers this year due to havign taken unwell last year i couldnt sit the full 5 xxx

Omg! Dundee was my favourite aswell and I want to move away from Glasgow. However it would cost a fortune but I'm planning on taking my mum up to see it to try and convince her, it's deffinately my insurance But strathclyde's my firm...and if I'm going by my prelims there's a high chance i might actually get the grades lol and yuck about being unwell xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Omg! Dundee was my favourite aswell and I want to move away from Glasgow. However it would cost a fortune but I'm planning on taking my mum up to see it to try and convince her, it's deffinately my insurance But strathclyde's my firm...and if I'm going by my prelims there's a high chance i might actually get the grades lol and yuck about being unwell xxxx
    Yea i was the same about the fundage to go to dundee but i took my mum up and she loved it.. so it was a winner for me! Im going up on wednesday frothe applicants day are you going to the applicants day? x
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    Yea i was the same about the fundage to go to dundee but i took my mum up and she loved it.. so it was a winner for me! Im going up on wednesday frothe applicants day are you going to the applicants day? x

Err hopefully But I may just wait til the saturday general one so I can take my mum with me But I'm a bit gutted I wanted to go to the single Law one so I can find people on my course lol. But ach well xxx

ReputationRep:
    Spanish/Music- unconditionals from Glasgow and Aberdeen!(I don't live in Scotland but I am Scottish!)
    I've firmed Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    offer from Edinburgh for social work. I need to get BB this year, it's achievable so i guess this is my first choice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.