Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to be a Glasgow vet this September .

ReputationRep:
    still waiting on edinburgh as itll be my first choice. everyone else i know who has applied to edinburgh (for various courses) has been rejected already. i'm expecting it to be honest, but they seem to take their time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njm08)
    still waiting on edinburgh as itll be my first choice. everyone else i know who has applied to edinburgh (for various courses) has been rejected already. i'm expecting it to be honest, but they seem to take their time!
    Edinburgh do seem to be rejectign a great number of applicants this year, must have had a huge number of applications this year or something.. even people you would have had not expected have been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    Edinburgh do seem to be rejectign a great number of applicants this year, must have had a huge number of applications this year or something.. even people you would have had not expected have been rejected.
    thanks for clearing that up - i was sure this was the case from what i'd heard right enough

haha for me it's probably a case of not if but when. just waiting on their 'no' so I can consider my other options.... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    why is graduate prospectus so low in Strathclyde :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marto91)
    why is graduate prospectus so low in Strathclyde :/
    my first answer would be 'because it isnt Glasgow University' haha otherwise I'm unsure. Maybe because it was a polytechnic. I'd like to study there in 2010 though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njm08)
    my first answer would be 'because it isnt Glasgow University' haha otherwise I'm unsure. Maybe because it was a polytechnic. I'd like to study there in 2010 though....
    lol sorry for the question ... i meant why is prosp so low after graduating ...whatever ..I haven't visited it yet ..What's the campus like

ReputationRep:
    haha i know, i was just being a weird :P i live just down the road from it, its like the modern glasgow uni really but still has some traditional lecture halls. its a uni im considering due to the fact i could probably walk there. its right in the centre of town as well, not as far flung out as the west end. what is it youre applying to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njm08)
    haha i know, i was just being a weird :P i live just down the road from it, its like the modern glasgow uni really but still has some traditional lecture halls. its a uni im considering due to the fact i could probably walk there. its right in the centre of town as well, not as far flung out as the west end. what is it youre applying to study
    Business Enterprise and Economics :P and you ?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right I have a friend also applying for that at Strathclyde - they have no offers as of yet though. Biochemistry and Immunology here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njm08)
    thanks for clearing that up - i was sure this was the case from what i'd heard right enough

haha for me it's probably a case of not if but when. just waiting on their 'no' so I can consider my other options.... :erm:
    fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Just received unconditionals for animal biology and marine & freshwater biology at Edinburgh Napier University.

Cant believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll be firming Glasgow Caledonian for Criminology, and insurancing RGU for Law.
    Still waiting for Glasgow Caledonian to reply for Law but I don't think I'll be getting one. Anyone received an offer for it yet?
    Napier isn't where I'd like to go as I can't really stand Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    i really wish aberdeen and stirling would hurry up

ReputationRep:
    another day of ucas checkin.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njm08)
    another day of ucas checkin.....
    its so difficult to stop yourself!

ReputationRep:
    HURRY THE **** UP GLASGOW :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Insurance - St Andrews just need to fail Maths an I'll be there. Anyone else meet GP while going round he was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emziesferguson)
    its so difficult to stop yourself!
    Even when i knew it was only going to be bad news I still checked :confused:

There will be a gap in my life when I no longer need to check it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Edinburgh and Stirling. Coolio.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.