Turn on thread page Beta

Part time adult nursing degree at salford 2010. INTERVIEW HELP PLS! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have got a interview at salford university for the part time adult nursing degree and was woundering if anyone has had their interview yet??

was woundering what the interview day was like and advice on what questions the asked??

Thank you

from a very nurvous, excited mum!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ive been for an interview its not that bad before the interview they have like a group activity where they get everyone in a room, get everyone to introduce themselves (you only have to say a sentence or two lol). In fact when I went we were given a few minutes to get to know the person next to us and then afterwards we told the group their name, age and a few basic details to introduce them.

They then tell you about the course, how the lectures, timetable is arranged etc and then you have the opportunity to ask them any questions overall it takes about an hour but it was all very informal they gave us plenty of time, handed out drinks. We then waited in the room until we were called for interview and they asked the usual 'tell me about yourself why do you want to do nursing' 'how would you cope with the workload', 'what would you do if you saw a patient struggling to get dressed on the corridor', 'how will you prepare for the course' and 'what have you done to research a nursing career'.

Don't worry about it Ive heard you would have to do pretty bad not to get a place lol Im not sure if this applies to the part time though the questions might differ slightly. Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your reply MiStYfire. u were a great help! feeling much better x

ReputationRep:
    I've had a interview at Salford, it was for Children's Diploma.

We had a powerpoint on what the course was about etc. Then we were split into groups of 5 and were told to work in our groups, we had to watch the change4life advert and pick out 5 main points from it, and when time was up we each had to present our point and our findings from the advert. Basically that was it, no questions were asked like why do you want to be a nurse.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have had an interview at salford for the childrens nursing dip/degree has anyone found out yet? I went b4 xmas!

ReputationRep:
    I'm having my interview in March..anyoneelse going then?

ReputationRep:
    god mines not till MAY!!!! stresssing me out having to wait alllllllll this time! thanks for feedback people!! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi all had my interview at Salford uni today I was really impressed with the place and the staff seem very friendly. It started as a power point presentation first followed by a small group discussion about an article we had to read. We then had to present our summary of the article and discuss the things which we thought were the main points of the article to the interviewer. It was fine and all interviewees were lovely. Hope I get in and get to study with you all in September :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.