Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is meant to say student finance help - don't know how to edit the title.

How am I meant to answer these questions?

Do you have any income? (earned or unearned) - I thought that I was not meant to say if I had employment?

Have you supported yourself financially for a total of three years or more prior to the start of the first academic year of your course? I have a part time job but I still get money from mother etc to help with travel and phone bills etc.

ReputationRep:
    You can choose to declare if you will earn money when you are at University or not.

Supporting yourself financially means you have lived independently of your parents/carers and have lived off money you have earned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindsey123)
    You can choose to declare if you will earn money when you are at University or not.

Supporting yourself financially means you have lived independently of your parents/carers and have lived off money you have earned.
    Thanks. Another question asks about my mothers status, she is seperated but on the paper forms it says that evidence needs to be produced of this but online it doens't say anything about evidence. How would I provide the evidence? She is still married - not to my dad.

ReputationRep:
    Erm I'm not sure about that. If you provide financial evidence of household income, only do so for your mum. I can't think how you could prove she was separated! Wait until they ask you for that, they will probably give you a list of documents/ways you can prove it.

ReputationRep:
    Her income and her partners income will be taken into consideration. Your dad is nothing to do with it if he isn't around and she never married him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Her income and her partners income will be taken into consideration. Your dad is nothing to do with it if he isn't around and she never married him.
    She doesn't live with her partner though, they have been sperated for arounf two years but she is still legally married to him.

ReputationRep:
    She'll have to ask what evidence of separation they need then.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to get financial support based on just your mum's income if they haven't lived together for two years. He can provide bills sent to his new address etc.

ReputationRep:
    Does your mum get 25% discount for single adult occupancy? That is one piece of evidence we used to accept in our LEA as proof of separation.

Failing that, your mum will have to get a letter signed by a responsible third party (e.g. solicitor, doctor, teacher, policeman etc) confirming her current marital status.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.