Turn on thread page Beta

Mates calling dibs on girls watch

So we all know guys tell their friends about their 'options/targets' and they tell anyone who will listen about their sexploits.

Well, I don’t. I tell my best friends my sexploits and tell no one at all about my targets.

This is all very nice for the girls and stuff as they can **** me and not have to worry about me telling everyone and making them look like a whore, but when my friends are telling me about their targets it’s like them calling dibs on her.

If the girl they are targeting is also on my hit list, and I get with her, the friend is likely to say “you knew I was trying to get with her!” – even though I was already trying before they had even mentioned it to me.

The reason I am posting is because I’ve missed out on plenty of girls because my friends are targeting them.

I don’t want to tell them that they’re on mine too and make it a competition, but it’s getting ridiculous the amount of girls I’m not even going for because a mate thinks he may have a chance with them. I’ve let one of my good mates get with two girls that I was planning on going for but stopped when he said he wanted to try and get with them. He’ll never know what a nice friend I was but still, what am I to do?

You can say there are many fish in the sea but there really isn’t. Most girls are boring to me and the pretty ones often don’t have much going for them personality wise. It’s annoying.

Do I just go for them anyway since I have every right to, or tell friends my targets to call dibs on them, or just let them try with them?

ReputationRep:
    Stand up for yourself when they 'call dibs'. All it takes is a "nope. Mine first, *****".

Or just call dibs yourself :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Dude we play rock, paper, scissors, if i win i go for her, if they win they go for her, this solves alot of disputes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Grow the **** up

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should start viewing girls as actual people rather than 'targets' to aim for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wantcute)
    Maybe you should start viewing girls as actual people rather than 'targets' to aim for.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    This.
    Nahhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    Nahhh.
    :yep: Yes!

Back in my day my sonnies and i used to engage in friendlies of fisticuffs. Oh how the youngsters have bespoiled our honourable ways. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koopa_coffee)
    Grow the **** up
    this.

seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone past the age of about 17 still do that? How sad :rofl:

Typical TSR, I post a genuine problem - and yes, it is genuine, as there was this girl I quite liked but then my mate decided he liked her too - and I get told to 'grow up'.

Does telling people to grow up make you feel good or something? Did I offend you all when I called most men desperate?

Just because the truth hurts does not mean you have to take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    That's really stupid. If you like a girl go for it, calling "dibs" on a girl sounds stupid anyway. It was stupid in year nine and it still is!

I just killed the word "stupid".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    :yep: Yes!
    Expose thy mammaries or vacate the premises, wench.

ReputationRep:
    Well the girl tends to have the decision on who she actually wants to end up with so calling dibs is irrelevant anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Back in my day my sonnies and i used to engage in friendlies of fisticuffs. Oh how the youngsters have bespoiled our honourable ways. :mad:
    Teehee. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koopa_coffee)
    Grow the **** up
    </thread>

Your sig is perfection.

(Original post by harleygrant)
    Teehee. :mmm:

Aren't you atleast a hundred years too young to understand that? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    'Targets'? Wait til you hit puberty before you start going for girls, fag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Aren't you atleast a hundred years too young to understand that? :hmmm:
    ...I likes me some oldspeak. :unsure:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.