Turn on thread page Beta

MSc International Relations 2010 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am a student from Hong Kong reading Policy and Public Administration. I have applied MSc International Relations in late January. Some of my classmates who applied LSE earlier have received replies. Surprisingly, one of them who performed fairly in school received an offer from MSc Global Politics. However, my teacher told me previously that attaining an offer from LSE was extremely competitive and difficult. Now, I am a bit confused.

Here I would like to know whether I have the opportunity to enter the course. I achieved a GPA of around 3.8/4.3 and 7.5 for IELTS. For those who gain an offer, do you mind if you could share your school result? I would like to do advanced mental preparation before I got to know the result. I dare not to expect too much.

Please share. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    when did you apply and when has your application been sent over to the department??
    I applied in the end of January as well, and my application has just been passed to the department.

ReputationRep:
    My application was received on 5th February and has just been passed to the Department too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I also applied at the end of jan - the 22nd. My application was passed onto the deprtment on the 4th feb. am currently a final year student at UCL with a high 2:1 average (tho with a few blunders here and there). am not too optistic about my chances lol. i thought most people would have applied by january, glad to hear i wasnt the only one to apply late. Would be good to hear about the other people hoping to get into the course and from those who have offers - what were your uni grades like and did you have amazing work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria1808)
    Hi!

I also applied at the end of jan - the 22nd. My application was passed onto the deprtment on the 4th feb. am currently a final year student at UCL with a high 2:1 average (tho with a few blunders here and there). am not too optistic about my chances lol. i thought most people would have applied by january, glad to hear i wasnt the only one to apply late. Would be good to hear about the other people hoping to get into the course and from those who have offers - what were your uni grades like and did you have amazing work experience?
    You still stand a chance. I applied last year around the same time to the same course. I was also on my final year at UCL and appeared to be on the road to a solid 2:1 with some questionable marks, got in just fine. A skippy academic record doesn't mean they'd doubt your ability to succeed in a course, especially if it's from a good standing uni. Ended up bulldozing their conditional offer with a First and grabbed a Distinction at the end of the MSc to show them they can take a chance with high-risk candidates :rolleyes: .

My work experience wasn't mind blowing. An NGO in the Hague and working for a German uni to setup a campus in Oman. I could only guess it was riding on a good personal statement and good references.

ReputationRep:
    I expect to attain 2:1, will most probably graduate with the class of first honor. I am now working in Greenpeace as intern and previously participated in the Copenhagen Climate Change Simulation. Plus, I have been to exchange in the States for half a year. I hope my exposure will help my application. Now, I am really worried about the chance of getting in because of late application. :-(

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.