Turn on thread page Beta

Is it normal to feel like you're having a panic attack over Parents Evening watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have to leave for parents evening in a bit and I feel like i'm having a panic attack about it. My teachers are gonna be so rude, and i hate sitting there for 5 mins like nodding along / making an appropriately serious face etc. ughh!

ReputationRep:
    parents evening is always freaky.
    being so disgustingly close to the teachers faces is like...ew =/
    *shivers*

ReputationRep:
    This is why I never went. I used to hide in my bedroom, hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I have always hated parents evening..it is always so awkward, even with teachers who are praising you, plus my mum has this annoying habit of always asking the teacher negative stuff like "Has Moe been bad this year?" or He was always lazy when he was young, I bet he is still lazy now?".

But no I have never had a panic attack...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    I have always hated parents evening..it is always so awkward, even with teachers who are praising you, plus my mum has this annoying habit of always asking the teacher negative stuff like "Has Moe been bad this year?" or He was always lazy when he was young, I bet he is still lazy now?".

If you could be any enzyme, what would you be? I'd be DNA helicase, so I could unzip your genes. :sexface:

sorry. off topic. :p:

Er no I've never had a panic attack no, but it does always feel so false..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)

Mines the same haha - they almost want me to be bad!!

And they still pck faults even if it's all decent!.

Only panicing that I do is panicing that my parents are going to embarass me!

ReputationRep:
    I always found that no matter how bad my friends used to be, they were still positive if the student was sat in front of them. Or they would talk to the student more than the parent.

Do you have anything to be worried about?

ReputationRep:
    My mum always used to sit there and take notes.

Then she would turn to me and say "so, what do you think about that?", "do you think you could do that for us?" and then continue to write things down. Quite a few times she put me in the spotlight and left me sitting there saying nothing in front of the both of them. The teachers themselves have always been fine, if a little bewildered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    If you could be any enzyme, what would you be? I'd be DNA helicase, so I could unzip your genes. :sexface:
    :teehee: Pervert

ReputationRep:
    Not bragging, but I've always had so much praise at parent's evenings it becomes embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orwell)
    Not bragging, but I've always had so much praise at parent's evenings it becomes embarrassing.
    This, except I'm gonna brag. My History teacher said to me that I was one of the best students she's ever had. Oh, how I failed her in my exams though.

ReputationRep:
    why would your teachers be rude to you?

but yeah, my parents evening wasn't a pleasant experience. my dad bombarded the teachers with questions and barely let them get a word in edge.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.