Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University of London; highest education institute which produces terrorists worldwide watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, had to summarise title ^^
    This is a statistic from my (UoL and Oxford educated) Politics tutor (I'm at a UoL institute), I'll assume it's correct but I can't cite it. I was pretty surprised this morning when he told me that, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Across the World, the UoL has produced more terrorists and global jihadis then any other educational institutes.

Examples:

1) Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh - British-born militant of Pakistani descent with links to various Islamic-based organisations, including Jaish-e-Mohammed, Al-Qaeda, Harkat-ul-Mujahideen and Taliban, kidnapped some British people in 1994 - educated at LSE. Beheaded Daniel Pearl (Wall Street journalist).

2) Reza Pankhurst, a member of Hizb ut-Tahrir - a hard-line Islamist group the government has talked about banning - lecturer at LSE

3) Omar Sharif (suicide bomber in Tel Aviv, Israel) - went to KCL.

4) Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab - went to UCL, president of the ISoc even, the guy who tried to blow up a plane at Christmas last year.

And then you have stories such as:

5) LSE 'has links with Chechen terrorists'

6) London breeding Islamic terrorists

7) This story (old but imo very relevant)

8) Radical Islamist lectures at London university

And numerous examples of Islamic fundamentalism, for example QMUL banned a debate in December last year called '‘Shariah law – compatible in the modern world?' with speakers from Hizb ut Tahrir ( an international pan-Islamist, Sunni, vanguard political party whose goal is to combine all Muslim countries in a unitary Islamic state or caliphate, ruled by Islamic law and with a caliph head of state elected by Muslims, banned in many countries ), as well as something similar I believe happening at UCL - http://www.london-student.net/2009/1...ent-cancelled/

Why? Why does one of the leading institutes in the UK (possibly the World, if you look at UoL as a sum total with LSE, UCL etc...) produce the most terrorists in the World for an educational institute. Something is not right here, don't you think? London - a vibrant, free, liberal, open city, one of the wealthiest and freest countries in the World, produces people opposed to our every way of life, more than any other university? Is this a problem with London (multicultural) meaning fault cannot be placed at UoL, is it a fault with UoL itself - not stamping down on radicalism enough, is it nothing to do with the UoL and coincidental? What's going on?

And what would you say if I told you this picture was not photoshopped (it's not, although admittedly it's from 'Stop the War Coalition', a very left wing, pro Palestine organisation). It's UCL btw if you don't know the UoL very well.

Spoiler:
    Show

Go go go.

ReputationRep:
    London is bound to attract some pretty politicised people, as well as having a larger ethnic and Islamic population than the rest of the country it therefore follows that most of the extremism stems from London and places like Leeds/Bradford. I imagine then that it is more to do with the location than the uni in itself.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd

ReputationRep:
    So I see by using the word terrorists, you only indicate "Muslim" Terrorists.. Nice, not judgmental/ racist at all.
    Please edit your post in order to receive a proper discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    6) London breeding Islamic terrorists

7) This story (old but imo very relevant)

6) Radical Islamist lectures at London university
    You have two number 6s. That is all

ReputationRep:
    wtf is this

ReputationRep:
    1. London has quite a high number of Muslims.
    2. These Muslims can come from ethnic minority families which put huge emphasis on education.
    3. They go to University, in particular, London Universities.
    4. Radicalisation + Terrorism.

Just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Gennaro)
    So I see by using the word terrorists, you only indicate "Muslim" Terrorists.. Nice, not judgmental/ racist at all.

No - because this is a thread about Muslim terrorists.
    No it's not even remotely judgmental or racist at all, not even remotely. Believe it or not Muslim terrorists are, well, yeah they're Muslim. Omar Sharif and Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab were, well, they were... Muslim! :eek: Gettit?

And I'm half Palestinian, so calling me racist is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing on your behalf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpatel10)
    You have two number 6s. That is all
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Islam isn't a race. Actually, your assumption that it is goes to show that you are probably the most racist person here.

Don't miss any opportunities to pull the race card in the future

ReputationRep:
    Get out.

Just because her post is majorly about Muslim terrorists makes it not worthy of discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Way to go, London! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Islam isn't a race. Actually, your assumption that it is goes to show that you are probably the most racist person here.

Nice to see someone with a bit of sense for a change.

ReputationRep:
    HT isn't a terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    I see your going to lse... Going to live up to the image? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I lol'd
    Why? You are a Muslim you might as well contribute to the discussion, Instead of writing one word replies.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't the fact that the University of London is made up of 19 universities and has over 100,000 students have something to do with it?

When the university of London accounts for over 5% of the entire UK student population, it's pretty obvious that it's going to have more of x,y and z than any other university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mc'Lovin)
    Why? You are a Muslim you might as well contribute to the discussion, Instead of writing one word replies.
    That was my contribution "I lol'd" there's nothing more to add.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)

What is this BS attempt to try and sound clever?

ReputationRep:
    Ludwig-Maximilian University is surely worse, The Pope went there.

He ultimately has and will indirectly kill more than any other terrorist organisation.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.