Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As I remember this is the first time I have opened the thread, so I would appreciate you all to hold my hand in this process :sexface: by contributing some images, videos and predictions - lolworthy and not - for our season run-in.

I will begin with my favourite clip of the moment:

Oh Adams :sexface: teeth: :sexface:

Our talisman and captain, Cescy Cesc:

Soon to be holding a much larger, throbbing piece of silverware :sexface:

Suck that WUM :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    2nd

ReputationRep:
    4th

ReputationRep:
    In reply to the last thread:

(Original post by ticktockclock)
    I pressume you're living in spain atm. How is the premier league percieved over there? are there lots of followers? do they show the games on tv?
    Yeah I am staying in Barcelona about 10 minutes from the Camp Nou by foot

Not entirely sure how they perceive it tbh. They're very aware of it. For example they were very quick to remind me when Arsenal lost against the chavs or any other loss for that matter but they did also know that we went top after beating bolton. So yeah I guess they do follow it. There's normally 2/3 games a weekend shown on the sky sports equivalent. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is because I don't have it. I normally just stream the football.

ReputationRep:
    5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Predictions for tonight anyone?

If we perform like we did against Chelsea, but the defence, well Manuel and Clichy, manage to bring along a little more the brains department, then I don't doubt we'll win. I'm going for a 2-1 or 3-1 win dependent upon how long Bendtner plays. Could be a good game but considering the way in which Liverhoof have been grinding out recent results combined with our lack of results there does exist a fear, that based on the rest of the season, wouldn't exist.

We win tonight and the league isn't necessary impossible but we will need to have a near 100% record to stand any real chance, however, taking the fixture list into consideration, that is a lot more possible than it sounds.
    Not gunna say a score but I think we'll win. Home advantage is normally good enough against the scousers. Plus Arshavin

ReputationRep:
    As i was saying, Gallas is on 80k a week. Wengers problem with spending is about wages and although Gallas has had a good season i'm sure that there are much better defenders around on cheaper wages leaving some extra wage to buy a new goalkeeper. Wenger will most likely start to spend when Gallas/Arshavin retire in a few years or leave as without them we are 160k a week better off which under Wengers logic lets us buy anyone.

Prediction: 3rd

ReputationRep:
    6th.

:teeth:

If Clichy is up to his usual tricks tonight I hope nobody will still be saying he's the "best left back in Europe." Next year, I sincerely hope Gibbs takes his place tbh. He's a fantastically intelligent mover and already would serve us far better imo.

ReputationRep:
    WUMing Clichy already Rich :sexface:

Clichy still has game. He's probably only just getting back to 100% after being out for ages. I expect to see some vintage Gael tonight.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd fellate his head with a tree cutter had I the chance tbh. :sexface:

I knew you'd say something along those lines Rob. :p: As I see it dude he's just getting found out. The man is a liability.

EDIT: Ah the old crest. :coma: I miss the uniqueness of it. :sad: Dripping in class like a throbbing labia. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)

I knew you'd say something along those lines Rob. :p: As I see it dude he's just getting found out. The man is a liability.

EDIT: Ah the old crest. :coma: I miss the uniqueness of it. :sad: Dripping in class like a throbbing labia. :cry:
    Well I'll not be premature in judging Clichy. No way can he have performed as he has and shut-down players in big games the way he has without having had the ability to back up those performances.

If he cannot get back and maintain that level, then fine, but I think we have to accept some players can go off the boil. It's when they do and they cease trying that I will get the mop of crumble out to sweep them away.

Btw, what the hell is a mop of crumble, and how do you make your sig glide? :coma:

ReputationRep:

Thankyou. The new one doesn't have the same feeling.

I hope the atmosphere at the Emirates is great tonight and I hope Eboue gets to play Eboue chants are amazing.

Eboue=Black Messi :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The old thread didn't reach 10,000 posts? :curious:

Oh, and I'm 16th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    WUMing Clichy already Rich :sexface:

Clichy still has game. He's probably only just getting back to 100% after being out for ages. I expect to see some vintage Gael tonight.
    They will just exploit Kuyt being better in the air than clichy. I see him scoring a header tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    The old thread didn't reach 10,000 posts? :curious:
    It's better now when things are (relatively) quiet than later tonight when everyone's trying to reply to everyone

ReputationRep:
    I hope nobody will still be saying he's the "best left back in Europe."
    Surely that's Ashley Cole? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    It's better now when things are (relatively) quiet than later tonight when everyone's trying to reply to WUM rape like a massive torpedo imbued with G-Nevs DNA everyone
    Just needed to fix it tbf :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    It's better now when things are (relatively) quiet than later tonight when everyone's trying to reply to everyone
    Ah, good call! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Premature Rob? Come on dude, he had one fabulous season and tailed off quickly. Eboue did pretty much the same but has recovered into a useful squad player. What shocks me is why it's taken everyone so long to cotton on. :confused: Clichy could be useful . . . in the same capacity. Gibbs all the way for me man - the kid's a genuine article.

Mop of crumble is the metaphorical complement to a bucket of lol. :sexface: Gliding is with the scroll tag, or, in my case, consistently chanting a suitable mantra. :shh:

Indeed, the new crest doesn't. I remember when I first saw it I was horrified. I like it now; seems to go with the Arsenal Arsene has helped to create better, but I miss the font of the old one. Just like Emirates really - moving was critical, but you still miss Highbury by nature.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.