Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    To be fair he's going to miss burnley and hull away. Both should be considered 3 points if we want to win the league with or without song. He was always going to get booked again at some point so better against what we would consider "easy" games.

Also, anyone else think Sol was immense today?
    As I see it, out style of play needs someone like Song to cover and clean up in midfield. Burnley should be fine, but Hull away will be a hard, physical game where we need players to get in there, and I can't really see our youngsters doing that (i.e. non-first-team youngsters). But I suppose we'll see.

Yes, I did. He did eveything he was supposed to at the back, and seems to be having a great mental and technical effect on the players (technical in the sense they are more willing to get into tackles and stuff). Vermaelen was also absolutely stunning, even completely apart from the goal. Fabregas also had a good game, I suppose - a goal and two assists - but he seemed a tad tired, especially in the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    That was an emotional read, HubertPoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Switching the focus, Eboue was immense today! Running and the Stoke defence time and time again, loved his thunderous strike aswell
    Our whole was immense today - especially in the second half.

Almunia got himself back up to standard, dealing with the Delap throws well enough. Clichy also back up on par.

Sagna, Campbell, Song consistent as always. Vermaelen with a goal too.

Fabregas and Nasri refusing to be quieted by Stoke's rough play

Eboue better and more confident than ever before, that long shot shows it all.

Bendtner scoring a stunner and creating the penalty: yeah he screws up sometimes but the part he played in the two goals: that's what strikers are for.

And finally Ramsey: his creativity, maturity and work rate today, for that absolutely **** pitch, was world class. Observing him closely since last season, his performances should be the Oxford Dictionary definition for the word "improvement". He'll come back like Muhammad Ali did.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people defending Shawcross?

The way I see it, he can cry all day long and say there was no intention or whatever - but not only does he have a reputation for this sort of tackle but in the end of the day he may have ended a talented young players career. If Ramsey does play again, will he be the same? Just look at Eduardo, he was never back to his best after that tackle. To suffer such a horrific injury at such a young age is disastrous.

I'm not buying the 'I feel so bad, I feel sorry for myself' look on Shawcross. I have no sympathy for him - my sympathies lie with Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Eboue was brilliant today and i'm glad Wenger has stuck with him. He's growing fantastically.
    Fabregas was integral again.
    Nasri ran and ran and ran and he was very very useful in linking play and moving the ball about and is becoming the player we know he can be.
    Our defence looked very good in the second half [didn't watch the first].
    Song was great at collecting the ball, he did his job perfectly, his positioning was spot on.
    I was wrong to doubt Clichy. [This was against a fairly static Stoke though]
    Walcott is still unconvincing.

None of this matters.
    It does matter. It was a very good second half performance and we shouldn't ignore what was a very important win.

This was our second hardest game of the run-in.

Some players are starting to find some good form: Eboue, Nasri in particular. Rosicky was typically solid. Clichy was good, but that's because he wasn't up against a pacey winger.

While Song does miss 2 games, he was bound to get a yellow eventually, and I'd rather he miss Burnley and Hull than the Spuds away game. We'll have Arshavin and Diaby back for the next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    That was an emotional read, HubertPoo.
    It was emotional to write.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.twitvid.com/CA36B

Better angle of the incident. Looks pretty reckless.

Get well Ramsey

(Original post by Harry-AA)
    Emmanuel-Thomas would have been perfect but he's loaned out isn't he? :/
    Yes, QPR I think. I hear Coquelin is good in the DM role, though.

ReputationRep:
    People saying they feel sorry for shawcross are getting on my tits. Ofcourse he didn't mean to break his leg bu i believe he went in that tackle with intent to leave a mark - just as he was instructed by his manager. The fact that he cried and whatnot does not grant him any sympathy from me.

Btw, how ******* ironic to see Pulis moaning about the fabregas tackle at the end when thats exactly what he instructs his players to do against arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    apparently theres other pictures that show shawcross didnt touch him as his leg buckled..
    It just happened by magic then did it?

ReputationRep:
    I've fallen in love with every single on of the Arsenal squad this year :sexface: except perhaps Almunia and Fabianski.

The whole team is doing every supporter proud, they're showing the whole world why it wasn't lost faith we all had in Wenger.

Just keep on going boys and this will be our season! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like seeing the tackle.

ReputationRep:
    I expect this banner to get dug out and edited a bit again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Yes, QPR I think. I hear Coquelin is good in the DM role, though.
    Yeah he is meant to be good. We can't really risk it with inexperience though I guess, I know its only 2 games, 2 easy games. But its also 2 must wins, and the DM role is one where if you're not solid and consistant you could easily cost your team the game... I don't know what Wenger will do tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    2 matches for 10 yellows.

Can someone tell me why the **** he actually got booked, it was completely 50/50 with Delap pulling him back just as much as him blocking Delap.

Also, after the first penalty, how on earth did Bendtner not get a second? He controlled it then that ******* animal just came along and clean pushed him over, an utter joke.

Sorry if both have already been mentioned but they were astoundingly bad decisions. Good games for Song to miss though.
    The ref wasn't too bad today, compared to Mike Dean at the Chelsea Vs Man City game, I think the refereeing was good but the yellow card wasn't even a f****** foul. Song gone for any period is worrying tbh, no Diaby or Denilson aswell so those games have just become more difficult.

I can't stop thinking if he gave the first penalty for the tackle on Ramsay then the passage of play would have been very different and Ramsay might not have got injured I feel so sorry for the guy..I can't even think straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_jatt)
    Its totally possible to give yourself a serious injury with no contact with others.

Although this does seem a tad extreme

We will find out on MOTD no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    People saying they feel sorry for shawcross are getting on my tits. Ofcourse he didn't mean to break his leg bu i believe he went in that tackle with intent to leave a mark - just as he was instructed by his manager. The fact that he cried and whatnot does not grant him any sympathy from me.

Btw, how ******* ironic to see Pulis moaning about the fabregas tackle at the end when thats exactly what he instructs his players to do against arsenal.
    I agree, I haven't seen the replay properly to be able to judge, but to break somebody's leg you have to go in really hard into the challenge, when challenging for the ball normally just think is it really enough power to break somebodys leg, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Its totally possible to give yourself a serious injury with no contact with others.

Although this does seem a tad extreme

We will find out on MOTD no doubt.
    Yea of course e.g if they turn over their ankle on the pitch or something, but that clearly didn't happen!! I don't think they will be showing the replay on MOTD, did they for Eduardo? Sky wouldn't show it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi_jatt)
    i dunno some guys said on the radio..
    although a legit reporter did say it was a coming together an d shawcross was a little high

ReputationRep:
    ARSSSSSSSENALLLL, ARSSSSSENALLL! Good times...

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.