Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Well everyone disagrees with you.

If Chelsea go and sign Aguero/Balotelli/Pato, then there is not much we can do. If we win the league, we'll have ~85 points. Our famous 97/98 team only one the league with 78 points. They lost 6 times, and drew 9 times. You gonna say they only won the league because United were poor?
    We have already lost 6 times. 85 points is assuming we win 9 out of 10 games. We can talk facts and figures and I can tell you why I believe certain things happened but it's already been spoken of before. The bottom line I am making, and have ever made, is this current Arsenal squad are not good enough for the a top team in England. End of. I don't wish to be quoated again, i'm done with this place.

ReputationRep:
    how is it not relevant?

it shows to everyone what the mentality of shawcross and stoke are when they play Arsenal,

ReputationRep:
    I want a picture of the celebration of the final goal. Where the passion exudes from the team. Can someone help me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    The level headed clever supporters are reacting correctly.
    Probably true, but I can't see it for Vulcan's nonsense. [see post below yours that I've quoted]

Anyways, moving on. Title race=blown right open, for both Utd and Arsenal. It's still Chelsea's to lose, obviously, but it should prove interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I want a picture of the celebration of the final goal. Where the passion exudes from the team. Can someone help me?
    Wait for MOTD. Didn't see it myself...too busy replicating it, probably.

ReputationRep:
    kev , you whole argument is that it was a "50-50"

which is so pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    No it isn't.

No one has said Shawcross went out to injure Ramsey. Shawcross should recieve a 5+match ban. Why? Negligence. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, the fact of the matter is that it was reckless, and he should bare all responsibilty. The same would apply if Ramsey was on the opposite end. Stoke were thugs today, and for any Arsenal watching there most talented player get injured like that, you should be able to understand our reaction.
    It truly is.

It was a 50-50, and it's truly unlucky that Ramsey got injured, and there's no precedent for the length of ban you're suggesting. There's not going to be a change of rules/punishment mid-season. Accept that and move on. Please.

Arsenal=Victims, we all know that. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I can see the Chelsea Vs Man U being the main decider!
    Hopefully Man U will at least get a draw opening the title race even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I tell you what, let's reduce the 'modern game' to penalty shoot outs, that way there's no contact whatsoever. FML. The reaction to this is abysmal.

It was a 50-50. FFS.
    :ditto:

I don't condone what Shawcrossy did but jeez. Anyone who knows what it's like to play football wouldn't be asking for a "life ban"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I didn't watch todays game. My expectations to see it later are high, but something tells me it will be a scenario like the school nerds gang up and beat up the bad bully. Everyone goes home feeling good and confident until the bully gets his mates the next day. It wont last, thats what I predict anyways.
    Why aren't I surprised in the slightest.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    FAO arsenal fans moaning

Are u the same arsenal fans that used to hero-worship that thug vieira?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    It truly is.

It was a 50-50, and it's truly unlucky that Ramsey got injured, and there's no precedent for the length of ban you're suggesting. There's not going to be a change of rules/punishment mid-season. Accept that and move on. Please.

Arsenal=Victims, we all know that. :indiff:
    tbfhwyrnbtjwial I am suprised there hasn't been a new thread created about this :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roe5745)
    FAO arsenal fans moaning

Are u the same arsenal fans that used to hero-worship that thug vieira?
    hhaha what an idiot you are

when did Vieira brake an opponents leg? answer: never

ReputationRep:
    Oh don't give them ideas meskell. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame Shawcross. But I do think Arsenal are more likely to suffer such incidents...because we're a skinny, physically weak side, and the FA and referees aren't going to care about it. I'm not blaming Shawcross or Pulis at all. How many more leg breaks do we need to see before we start doing it ourselves? Two-footed on whatevercunt we're playing next please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Whilst I agree that some people are taking it far too over the top with the Shawcross abuse and on the basis of the incident alone I would feel for Shawcross, but if you watch him regularly you'll see he is a dangerous and reckless player, its not a case of a one off out of nowhere, its the second time he has caused a serious injury because of the general nature of his play. On the incident itself, the ball was there to be won and the time between Ramsey getting the ball and Shawcross' contact was minimal, it seemed accidental and like you say it was a 50-50 challenge that we don't want to rule out but if you look back to his foul on Cesc the other week, that was not a 50-50, that was ridiculously late and could have broken Cesc's leg, unless refs clamp down on dangerous offences that don't cause injury, we will continue to get these and that, for me, is unacceptable.
    I've not said to not punish challenges, but perspective has to come into things somewhere along the line. You cannot base punishments/decisions on reputation, that introduces bias.

The standard of refereeing needs to be improved/consistency needs to be introduced, imo.

Vulcan, I honestly don't give a **** what you think of my posts, you're probably a dupe user anyway. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    The only way we'll beat this if we start showing teams who roughen us up that we can win when they act like mongoloids. If we beat Bolton and Hull and whoever-the-hell-else they'll have to start resorting to other tactics. Need to lose the reputation of being fragile. As long as the tactics work, teams will employ them.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone watched the match they brought up the reason being that Arsenal play the ball a lot quicker then most other teams, meaning tackles are late? Which is the reason Arsenal have had 3 players in 5 years had there season ruined!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    If anyone watched the match they brought up the reason being that Arsenal play the ball a lot quicker then most other teams, meaning tackles are late? Which is the reason Arsenal have had 3 players in 5 years had there season ruined!
    What has that got to do with Diaby's injury?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    I don't blame Shawcross. But I do think Arsenal are more likely to suffer such incidents...because we're a skinny, physically weak side, and the FA and referees aren't going to care about it. I'm not blaming Shawcross or Pulis at all. How many more leg breaks do we need to see before we start doing it ourselves? Two-footed on whatevercunt we're playing next please.
    While I've always agreed that Arsenal need to be more "physical", I get the feeling you say this for a different reason than I do. Am I right in saying that you believe Arsenal should adopt this play, solely because it would deter the opposition from playing hyper-physically against Arsenal?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.