Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Well what about a bad tackle that doesn't cause an injury? Should the player not have to sit out any games then?
    Yeh he should, but the point I am making is that a career threating injury, is not justified by a 3 match ban.

Surely, you can see my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Yeh he should, but the point I am making is that a career threating injury, is not justified by a 3 match ban.

Surely, you can see my point.
    The problem is that you can't prove how much damage was caused by the actual impact.

More often than not it's a combination of a strong challenge with the leg being in a bad position to start with, such as with what happened to Eduardo.

ReputationRep:
    The PL refs need to adopt a Colina Uefa approach. If you've ever noticed CL refs don't take any of this nonsense, the whistle is blown for the smallest of offences. And tbf it doesn't take away anything from the flow of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Another very squeamish image:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I've obtained a very graphic angled-picture of the incident, so that's a warning to you before you click the link. You can clearly see that, as I thought, he got his studs caught in the turf on one side as he was being tackled.

Do not click if you are squeamish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I've obtained a very graphic angled-picture of the incident, so that's a warning to you before you click the link. You can clearly see that, as I thought, he got his studs caught in the turf on one side as he was being tackled.

It looks like the leg was snapped before Shawcross made contact with Ramseys leg?
    Or did Shawcross take out the other leg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Agreed tbh, making decisions based on reputation would be the only way to judge punishments by my line of thinking and like you say that introduces bias, the only way to really tackle the issue is to make harsher punishments across the board, whilst you don't want to see the passion of the game lost, I'd rather players scared to pick up an easy yellow than scared for their career.

Oh and I wanna dance. :sexface:
    Punishments and refereeing need to be improved. It may be time for UEFA to introduce elite, professional refs, ones that wouldn rotate between leagues, perhaps on a monthly basis......

:love:

ReputationRep:

Was that caused by the impact of Shawcross?

ReputationRep:

That is horrific, I genuinely almost threw up my innerds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RooKnight)
    Genuinely? wow. gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Only just heard about Ramsey. Horrific He's such a talented footballer. Can anyone enlighten me about the tackle? Was it deliberate?
    From the replay, I'd say it wasn't deliberate, Shawcross looked genuinely sorry, but still, there are 50/50 tackles and then there's this one, once you see it you'll see what I mean. It's simply unacceptable and a 3 match ban doesn't suffice, there should be harder punishments for this sort of thing.

10 match game + a fine - which would certainly stamp out 90% of these horrendous, career-threatening tackles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    If anyone watched the match they brought up the reason being that Arsenal play the ball a lot quicker then most other teams, meaning tackles are late? Which is the reason Arsenal have had 3 players in 5 years had there season ruined!
    No, it's because it's become the accepted way to beat Arsenal is to 'get into em' and 'ruff em up'. It's all the more acceptable because we're the team of fancy foreigners ignoring us all those with a British passport. These players who go out every week do so because therir manager and their newspaper tell them too, they know no better. You make x thousand tackles against Arsenal some of them are going to break legs. Eduardo and Abou and Aaron's injuries are the inevitable conclusion of Stoke et al's gameplan.

ReputationRep:
    That almost looks photoshopped, but oh my, words cannot express how I feel for Ramsey right now, that looks almost as painful as death itself.

I hope you make a swift recovery bud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Was that caused by the impact of Shawcross?
    You can't really read much into the Shawcross challenge from that picture, but it does kinda show the awkward angle at which Ramsey initially had his foot.

ReputationRep:
    People who say whichever team wins the league this year are not representing the English game are total ************ (Zizali). The English Premier League this year has been the closest its been for a very long team, with the "worst" teams picking up points against the higher up sides. This is a good thing, this shows that the Premier League is exciting to watch, on the day you really don't know who will win, with so many styles of playing football in the Premier League, whoever wins this season will show that they are able to overcome all sorts of obstacles as a versatile squad. I think that winning the Premier League is far better than winning any other league on the planet and whoever does it are a bloody good squad..

Sorry if its unrelated now but.. argh ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Genuinely? wow. gross.
    I have just eaten some fat ass lasangne though!:o:

ReputationRep:
    I warned you tbf. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    While I've always agreed that Arsenal need to be more "physical", I get the feeling you say this for a different reason than I do. Am I right in saying that you believe Arsenal should adopt this play, solely because it would deter the opposition from playing hyper-physically against Arsenal?
    I believe that Arsenal take this approach because it's pareto superior. What have we got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    I warned you tbf. :fyi:
    I was expecting to see one of his wonky leg when he was lying down, not the impact! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You need this kind of image (of Taylor and Eduardo obviously) to see if there was any error/malice in the tackle. Just at the time of impact;

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.