Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alan Shearer being influenced by RobbieC vocab

ReputationRep:
    Hansen has done it! Tipped Arsenal for the title.

What a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Meh MOTD chickened out with a good slow motion replay.

ReputationRep:
    Marcus, I fear you'll still be in the minority in ten years time, nevermind tomorrow or in a few minutes. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Tough break for Ramsey but these things happen in football, or in any contact sport for that matter. You're always going to get severe injuries every now and then and that is for the risk you take when you step out onto the field. I still remember in rugby my mate taking a quick tap penalty and an opposing player tackling him extremely hard when they were both running full tilt, which led to his knee being completely shattered and leg broken. It was no-one's fault so no-one started pointing fingers. For some reason the sport of football struggles to realise that unfortunate things just happen.

It would be nice to see some of the Arsenal fans get a grip of themselves, Wenger included for that matter, over the incident. You just make yourselves look like fools with the ranting and raving over how "it always happens to Arsenal" and how the player "SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE!!!!11!1", and as a result instead of the focus being on the unfortunate incident it's instead turned into a witch hunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Hansen has done it! Tipped Arsenal for the title.

What a ****.
    Noooooooooooo!!! It's the kiss of death!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    It was a very reckless and aggressive attempt at winning the ball from Shawcross, obviously he never meant that as a result and it was nice to see him feel genuine remorse immediately, although the Arsenal lot were having none of it eg with Campbelll stamping around swearing having a hissy fit.
    Having a hissy fit? If it was one of your chelsea scum who got injured, and say john terry was stamping and swearing, would that be acceptable?

Typical chelsea **** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Noooooooooooo!!! It's the kiss of death!
    It's alright, you don't win anything with kids :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the tackle on Ramsey. Initially it was a 50/50 but it was reckless from Shawcross going in that high.

His reaction - along with most of the players near it - told the whole story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Tough break for Ramsey but these things happen in football, or in any contact sport for that matter. You're always going to get severe injuries every now and then and that is for the risk you take when you step out onto the field. I still remember in rugby my mate taking a quick tap penalty and an opposing player tackling him extremely hard when they were both running full tilt, which led to his knee being completely shattered and leg broken. It was no-one's fault so no-one started pointing fingers. For some reason the sport of football struggles to realise that unfortunate things just happen.

It would be nice to see some of the Arsenal fans get a grip of themselves, Wenger included for that matter, over the incident. You just make yourselves look like fools with the ranting and raving over how "it always happens to Arsenal" and how the player "SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE!!!!11!1", and as a result instead of the focus being on the unfortunate incident it's instead turned into a witch hunt.
    It's the minority here that have said he should be banned for a long time. Generally we have some sympathy for Shawcross in terms of the psychological impact of what's happened.

I once played in a rugby match for my school in which our fly-half tackled one of their players who collapsed and died as a result of an unknown heart condition. That was some seriously ******-up stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's doing the same thing any manager does...Fergie included. Even if Arsenal aren't being unfairly treated (and I think a horrendous number of decisions have gone against us this season. So many blatant penalty claims turned down...), if Wenger moans like a *****, it'll make the news...and the refs will keep that in mind.

Mind games. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Having a hissy fit? If it was one of your chelsea scum who got injured, and say john terry was stamping and swearing, would that be acceptable?

Typical chelsea **** :rolleyes:
    Er, John Terry doesn't do that so really invalidates most of your post.

ReputationRep:
    Please let this be true. I will have faith in the world again. Shawcross isn't a patch on Cashley. The tackle wasn't intentional but Cashley is actual scum. Not being loyal to your club is one thing but not being loyal to your wife (who happens to be one of the hottest and desired women in the world) is another.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...medium=twitter

Very well done to Capello as well for saying Terry will never captain england while he is in charge

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...medium=twitter

ReputationRep:

So say it happened to Rooney, man u fans and fergie wouldnt be ranting and raving, right :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So say it happened to Rooney, man u fans and fergie wouldnt be ranting and raving, right :rolleyes:
    You're not seriously comparing Ramsey to Rooney, are you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    God help us if that ever happens to Shrek or Stevie Me ESPECIALLY if it's an Arsenal player that does it. It wouldn't just be the player hounded but the whole club no matter if it was intentional or not. The hypocrisy of the british media astounds me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    No it wouldn't. These type of tackles only occur twice a season, if even that. Don't blow it out of proportion. Even if a 10 match game + fine was introduced no player would stop in a split second in a 50/50 tackle and think "hmmmmm, don't think I fancy a 10 match ban and a fine." It all happens so quickly, you don't have time to think.
    Nonsense.

There's going into a 50/50 tackle and then there's going into a 50/50 tackle trying to break the guy's leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    It shouldn't matter who the player is. A broken leg is a broken leg. I'd be just as gutted if it was Almunia or Fabianski. It's the fact it's one of our players. The fact it's Rambo only increases the disappointment and not the anger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    God help us if that ever happens to Shrek or Stevie Me ESPECIALLY if it's an Arsenal player that does it. It wouldn't just be the player hounded but the whole club no matter if it was intentional or not. The hypocrisy of the british media astounds me.
    I think you tried pos repping me but managed to neg me...

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Im not comparing ability, im comparing the reaction of man u fans and fergie

Fergie would be up in arms over a tackle like that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.