Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Nonsense.

There's going into a 50/50 tackle and then there's going into a 50/50 tackle trying to break the guy's leg.
    Nonsense. A 50/50 is a 50/50, which means the risk is the same for each player. Otherwise it'd called something else, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    It shouldn't matter who the player is. A broken leg is a broken leg. I'd be just as gutted if it was Almunia or Fabianski. It's the fact it's one of our players. The fact it's Rambo only increases the disappointment and not the anger.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't matter who the player is. A broken leg is a broken leg. I'd be just as gutted if it was Almunia or Fabianski. It's the fact it's one of our players. The fact it's Rambo only increases the disappointment and not the anger.
    Don't buy it, tbh, if it was Cesc God himself would be posting in here. I was trying to get at the fact that Rooney is a key player for us, Ramsey is not for ye. He wasn't played out of choice today, was he?

Horrific injury all the same.

ReputationRep:
    Shawcross went charging through to make contact with both the player and the ball. If he won the ball, he'd think...great. If he got the player, he'd think....good. If the got both, he'd think...****in' marvellous.

I don't blame him. He had a swipe at Ramsey's legs, over the height of the ball, simply because he knew he'd probably get away with it. The ref only bothered to send him off after seeing Ramsey's leg was broken.

ReputationRep:
    Please let this be true. I will have faith in the world again. Shawcross isn't a patch on Cashley. The tackle wasn't intentional but Cashley is actual scum. Not being loyal to your club is one thing but not being loyal to your wife (who happens to be one of the hottest and desired women in the world) is another.
    I'd rather he waited till after the world cup. Then he can sod off.

ReputationRep:
    The idea Shawcross intended it is ludicrous tbh. It's reckless and mistimed, but not malicious, and the general overreaction has been :facepalm: tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Shawcross went charging through to make contact with both the player and the ball. If he won the ball, he'd think...great. If he got the player, he'd think....good. If the got both, he'd think...****in' marvellous.

I don't blame him. He had a swipe at Ramsey's legs, over the height of the ball, simply because he knew he'd probably get away with it. The ref only bothered to send him off after seeing Ramsey's leg was broken.
    I was just about to make that point. Shocking refereeing who is acting on the reaction rather than the fact it was a terrible tackle.

ReputationRep:
    Yo, can we have fabianski on an emergency loan?

ty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yo, can we have fabianski on an emergency loan?

ty.
    that first goal was very fabianski-esk, it just trickled in. I honestly belive Hilario single handedly lost you that game based on the MOTD highlights..

On a side point I just noticed I have 666 rep points. Feel like I if I neg someone then something bad might happen to them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

I made exactly this point a few hours ago. :yy:

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if it was rescinded.

ReputationRep:
    He was just a bag of nerves. Wasn't helped by our exposed defence, but the keeping for the first was a complete and utter joke, and Bellamy's first wasn't much better. I'm tempted to say put Turnbull in against Stoke, but you've only got to look at his performances in our reserves this season to say NO to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    The idea Shawcross intended it is ludicrous tbh. It's reckless and mistimed, but not malicious, and the general overreaction has been :facepalm: tbh
    I don't think he intended it but it was reckless and that much force was unnecassary. It's how all teams play against us, just foul us, rough us up and hope to bundle a goal and the referees do nothing to stop it. Then inevitably it will go too far and lead to things like this happening. We get penalised for such little things for example I don't even know why Song got booked, yet the whole game there's just fouls on us and the referee plays on. Also, I don't think we should have to resort to just doing the same to other teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    I don't think he intended it but it was reckless and that much force was unnecassary. It's how all teams play against us, just foul us, rough us up and hope to bundle a goal and the referees do nothing to stop it. Then inevitably it will go too far and lead to things like this happening. We get penalised for such little things for example I don't even know why Song got booked, yet the whole game there's just fouls on us and the referee plays on. Also, I don't think we should have to resort to just doing the same to other teams.
    If it was how all teams played against ye then surely all your team would have broken legs/ankles? FML. :facepalm2:

If there was little to no reaction, or *****ing about these actions, then teams wouldn't be so inclined to use these tactics against Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I made exactly this point a few hours ago. :yy:

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if it was rescinded.
    I don't think even the FA are that stupid lol. There would be a massive backlash. Accidental sure but it still deserves a 3/4 game ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    It would be nice to see some of the Arsenal fans get a grip of themselves, Wenger included for that matter, over the incident. You just make yourselves look like fools with the ranting and raving over how "it always happens to Arsenal" and how the player "SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE!!!!11!1", and as a result instead of the focus being on the unfortunate incident it's instead turned into a witch hunt.
    Sorry but as there's only been the odd few that have been making ridiculous claims like that, and there's been as many just trolling the leg break anyways. As for Wenger, if you think Ferguson wouldn't do the same (and wouldn't be right in doing so) then you're seriously misguided.

Personally I think it was a bad challenge, Shawcross does deserve some blame for it, and I don't feel sorry for him - after all he's not the one with a career threatening injury. But the three match ban's enough, I don't think there was too much intent, just a bad challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    If it was how all teams played against ye then surely all your team would have broken legs/ankles? FML. :facepalm2:

If there was little to no reaction, or *****ing about these actions, then teams wouldn't be so inclined to use these tactics against Arsenal.
    What annoys me about the attitude of other teams towards arsenal is that it's become accepted tactic to kick arsenal, largely down to the media. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to go the press saying we're going to kick them without looking like a scum bag, but the media have allowed it to become an acceptable tactic.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome image. Sums up our spirit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    What annoys me about the attitude of other teams towards arsenal is that it's become accepted tactic to kick arsenal, largely down to the media. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to go the press saying we're going to kick them without looking like a scum bag, but the media have allowed it to become an acceptable tactic.
    You should take it as a compliment that some teams resort to such tactics against Arsenal. The media haven't made it acceptable, they've merely highlighted what is obviously a weakness wrt Arsenal. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome image. Sums up our spirit.

You'll make me cry again. :o:

I am so, so proud of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    A single :rofl: really isn't enough. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.