Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Awesome image. Sums up our spirit.

:cry2: I'm so emotional after seeing that image, I didn't get to see the players huddle together as my stream went to a break straight after the final whistle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Im not comparing ability, im comparing the reaction of man u fans and fergie

Fergie would be up in arms over a tackle like that.
    'Tackle like that'...we see tackles like that all the time, usually resulting in a yellow card at most.

ReputationRep:
    Another question. Why was Cesc mocking Ramsey with his celebration by pointing out that he had a fully working right leg :dontknow:

Cesc WUMs his own injured player ffs, sick *******.

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm turning more attention to the supposed Stoke fans who apparently were chanting "he's only got one leg."

I really hope that isn't true. And people have a go at me for wanting large proportions of the population put in concentration camps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    If it was how all teams played against ye then surely all your team would have broken legs/ankles? FML. :facepalm2:

If there was little to no reaction, or *****ing about these actions, then teams wouldn't be so inclined to use these tactics against Arsenal.
    No, I'm not saying any player goes out there to break someone elses leg, but teams are encouraged against us to be overly physical and continuously foul, in this mindset there's a higher chance of a horrific injury occuring. It's still not going to happen often but the referees need to do something to ensure that games we play against certain teams don't just become us getting fouled excessively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    Sorry but as there's only been the odd few that have been making ridiculous claims like that, and there's been as many just trolling the leg break anyways.
    That's why I said "some" and not "most" or "all". Some of the responses in this thread are just absurd, most are reasonable.

(Original post by jk1986)
    As for Wenger, if you think Ferguson wouldn't do the same (and wouldn't be right in doing so) then you're seriously misguided.
    I have no problem with the manager being annoyed at the broken leg and the tackle but it's the way he does it. He turns the incident into another "poor old us" scenario where the whole world is against him and Arsenal, who are whiter than white. Just read the post match interviews between Fergie and Wenger after Possebon and Eduardo/Ramsey respectively.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    That was a sickening incident. I feel really sorry for such a promising looking youngster. I hope he recovers-- these things are never straightforward and there's always the risk the injury could be career-ending.

Arsenal have some really bad luck, but teams are overly physical with them imo and the refs just aren't stamping their authority. I'm no Arsenal fan btw.

I dont understand the Stoke manager's reaction. "I know my plyaer... Wenger talks crap" whatever he said. He sounded like an ass. The player's history should be be taken in to account but it is also not so relevant either: it's what happens in the moment and ANYTHING can happen in the moment even if the player is an angel at all other times. Manager's shouldn't so hastily and unconditionally defend their players, what ever happened to honesty? It didnt look intentional but it was a terrible challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Right now I'm turning more attention to the supposed Stoke fans who apparently were chanting "he's only got one leg."

I really hope that isn't true. And people have a go at me for wanting large proportions of the population put in concentration camps.
    You'll always get these idiots. It's the same with Alan Smith and Liverpool etc.

Incidents like this make me nervous for the sunday league game tomorrow (this) morning..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Incidents like this make me nervous for the sunday league game tomorrow (this) morning..
    In the 4 seasons of football I've played for my team at home there's only been a total of about 5 injuries over some 80-90 games, and none of them requiring an ambulance. In fact, there's been one broken leg in our entire 5-tier league system in 7 years.

ReputationRep:
    Another pic:

Spoiler:
    Show

Everyone is distraught apart from Sol who looks like he's going to kill someone!

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    In the 4 seasons of football I've played for my team at home there's only been a total of about 5 injuries over some 80-90 games, and none of them requiring an ambulance. In fact, there's been one broken leg in our entire 5-tier league system in 7 years.
    My old school-mate broke his leg last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Another pic:

Spoiler:
    Show

Everyone is distraught apart from Sol who looks like he's going to kill someone!
    Doesn't do the whole referees-being-camp thing any good. :teehee:

(Original post by 73337)
    My old school-mate broke his leg last week.
    Ouch. I played in a rugby match at school where someone died [as mentioned earlier] and I've also played football for my Maths team here and seen someone taken to hospital with a ruptured cruciate ligament. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Me too. Football can be dangerous, especially when passions get too high and tempers get flared...
    Sometimes I feel my dodgy knee will give way whilst running on my own, let alone a guy kicking me lol

ReputationRep:
    In the five years I played rugby for club, school and county I can only remember one totally broken leg and knee, a couple more broken bones and the opposing hooker being stretchered off after the scrum collapsing. He had a fractured neck I believe. After all the times scrums collapsed on me whilst playing hooker I guess was fortunate to avoid sustaining any injuries. My old rugby coach is paralysed for life after a scrum collapsed on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Shhhh get rid before someone notices my error... ammended version..

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:

That's ******* great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Me too. Football can be dangerous, especially when passions get too high and tempers get flared...
    Sometimes I feel my dodgy knee will give way whilst running on my own, let alone a guy kicking me lol
    At least in football you can't really be killed or disabled. You can get broken bones and torn ligaments and the like but it's stuff you'll be able to at least recover from from the perspective of life as a whole. You're not going to be paralysed for instance. The worst incidents are non-football related like the cardiac things that happen every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel for Ramsey, it sort of reminds me of Larsson's injury, not that there was anything wrong with the tackle(as there wasn't one), but just the **** feeling there is - it more or less kills the game completely.

For anyone unfamiliar with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    At least in football you can't really be killed or disabled. You can get broken bones and torn ligaments and the like but it's stuff you'll be able to at least recover from from the perspective of life as a whole. You're not going to be paralysed for instance. The worst incidents are non-football related like the cardiac things that happen every now and then.
    "Rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen - football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.