Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or did Sagna not get mad at the injury? He seems to be distant from the team. I did not see him at all when it happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Is it me or did Sagna not get mad at the injury? He seems to be distant from the team. I did not see him at all when it happened.
    He isnt exactly the most vocal person really. probably just doing the opposite of Campbell, silenced by shock.

I was absolutely livid and upset at first, but the tackle was just horrifically bad luck really. Shawcross is much taller than Rambo, so either of them stretching towards is going to result in Shawcross having his foot naturally higher up at a given moment, because he has a longer stride. Still, he should learn not to go into challenges like this- I ******* hate Tony Pulis though now. His comments were biased to the core.

Looks like we may need a new CM in the summer after all.
    If we have Arshavin back soon, we can play Rosicky in Ramsey's place. bodge job, but it could work well enough.
    Forza Ramsey- get well soon son.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if this has been posted, but apparently there's a statement by StokeFC floating about. Here's an article on it: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5739

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many people would now discount my faith in Clichy, the importance of Eboue in a balanced formation... my belief that Sol could do the job and our very real chance to win the title...

I hope it is a slender zero.

Don't listen to some of the moronic comments on here... they cannot understand what is to have to endure the emotions we've had with Eduardo, RVP, Aaron... can't remember a United/Chelsea player being totally smashed into nothing in my lifetime. Clearly their calls for a more moderate response are a nonsense.

Nothing wrong with fighting us because it's a weakness Kev? Open your ******* eyes, man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I wonder how many people would now discount my faith in Clichy, the importance of Eboue in a balanced formation... my belief that Sol could do the job and our very real chance to win the title...

Don't listen to some of the moronic comments on here... they cannot understand what is to have to endure the emotions we've had with Eduardo, RVP, Aaron... can't remember a United/Chelsea player being totally smashed into nothing in my lifetime. Clearly their calls for a more moderate response are a nonsense.

Nothing wrong with fighting us because it's a weakness Kev? Open your ******* eyes, man.
    Alan Smith at Anfield?

ReputationRep:
    It's one... but it was more freakish in that it wasn't any kind of lunge or tackle at all, as I remember. Not a nasty tackle, as all three of our breaks have been.

ReputationRep:
    Vermaelen in the league:

Games played-------Games missed--------Goals scored---------Strike rate
    28----------------------0------------------7------------------1 in 4

(Lets not count defence stats because we don't do defending at Arsenal)

Very impressive for a CB. Is there another CB that has this kind of strike rate? I know Steve Bruce scored a ridiculous 18 goals in a season once, but checking wiki, even he fizzled out to a 1 in 10. I can actually see Vermaelen keeping this up. He always gets forward, he has a ridiculously powerful left-foot strike, he takes some free-kicks...10 league goals from him would be a massive bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    You should take it as a compliment that some teams resort to such tactics against Arsenal. The media haven't made it acceptable, they've merely highlighted what is obviously a weakness wrt Arsenal. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?
    Well yes kicking the other teams players may be against the rules of the game but don't worry about that. My point is that if stoke or bolton etc went to the press saying they're going to be kicking manure or chel$ki then there'd be a massive fuss, but with Arsenal it's acceptable. And it isn't, it's flat out cheating. But I did enjoy our spirit today, we took the worst of their kicking crap, manned up and beat it. And could easily have had 3 penalties I might add..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Doesn't do the whole referees-being-camp thing any good. :teehee:
    This guy does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3yvnMzsJtY

ReputationRep:
    ...they cannot understand what is to have to endure the emotions we've had...
    No, we just have the scar of Munich ingrained into our club.

It's a bit more than a few broken legs.

ReputationRep:

kev has been on this thread all day since the incident, defending shawcross' thuggery.

he says becasue it was a "50-50" it makes it ok....

ReputationRep:
    "shawcross thuggery", ffs wise up ye diddy.

Has big Ryan posted in here yet?

ReputationRep:
    Tony Pulis is a chav cretin as well . He sends his team out to kick Arsenal, you can guarantee that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulcan to the Sky)
    Tony Pulis is a chav cretin as well . He sends his team out to kick Arsenal, you can guarantee that.
    What do you expect him to do?

He knows he can get away with it, so he'll do it.

Most managers in his position would do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Well done. You're beginning to understand football.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say most , but yeah there's a few others

Do you Remember the stoke Arsenal game last season? we lost 2-1 and we had 3 players who had to be subbed becasue they got injured by Pulis' thug team. You won't be surprised to hear Shawcross was involved.

ReputationRep:

Do you Remember the stoke Arsenal game last season? we lost 2-1 and we had 3 players who had to be subbed becasue they got injured by Pulis' thug team. You won't be surprised to hear Shawcross was involved.
    I remember it. But there's no point being angry with Stoke.

Don't blame the players, blame the game.

In this case, players = Stoke, game = The FA and refereeing standards.

ReputationRep:
    Will you have guys have more diffuculty with Birmingham or West Ham?

ReputationRep:

It's called "playing to win". It's Arsenal's biggest downfall.

ReputationRep:
    West Ham game's at home. Should be fairly simple, that. Birmingham away is tough, but not as tough as Stoke...although, obviously, football isn't played on paper and you don't know what shape both teams will be in going into the game.

Hull away could be tricky. Phil Brown's made of the same stuff as Pulis, but tango'd. They gave us a decent game at the Emirates and if it weren't for Denilson's brilliant free-kick just before half-time that could've ended very differently. We'll be without Song too.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.