Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Does anyone else find the camera angle at Wembley horrendously annoying like the really bad ones in Pro Evo?
    When I started watching I thought I was watching an early-round FA Cup tie.

They had exactly the same angle in the Paulton Rovers vs Norwich City game on ITV.

ReputationRep:
    Owen injured. What a shock

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Young dives. Even less of a shock. He's like a worse version of Stevie Me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I have supported my team for many, many years, and am a little older than most of you. As such I've frankly seen a bit more. I remember matches from before you were born, looking at your username. :p:

Now, I could of course be wrong in the end result, but matches like yesterday are extremely rare in psychological terms - and they invariably end up leading to leagues and cups being won. You should not underestimate what that kind of match meant.

The only times I have ever seen Arsenal experience similar games, at least in effect, they have gone on to win the Premiership. Given the gap is three points, which is less than in those other cases, I have no real reason to suspect otherwise this time.

If we do win the title, that was when we won it.
    You're seven years old though, about the time you should be getting into Harry Potter, Find Nemo, Shark Tale etc!

We're in the best position in the league, we've got the best squad in the league and I firmly believe we'll win the league. Arsenal have exceeded my expectations though this season, I'll give Wenger's failures that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    I think we both picked up, before the match, that this match could be like the Birmingham away 07/08 game...which was kind of weird . . .
    I think that's partly what got me so emotional. We did, and it was nothing short of creepy. It even crossed my mind that something like Eduardo could happen again for some bizarre reason, but obviously you tend to shove that kind of irrational thinking out of your head.

That was one of the strangest and downright disturbing experiences of my entire Arsenal supporting life.

ReputationRep:
    Young just dived AGAIN. I bet that won't be reported in the papers tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Poor Villa - I knew as soon as Hansen said they were going to win that they wouldn't :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Amazing picture in your sig..Think it was the goal against Portsmouth if I'm not mistaken..so sad atm just thinking of what he must be going through:cry:

I think someone else on the thread pointed out that the fracture was a bit higher that the ankle so hopefully he'll have avoided complications. I have no doubt he'll comeback physically but the psychological impact could be devastating.

Anyone have any links to a report where they mention it's not actually a coincidence and that it's their mentality to blame? From what I've read this morning, the papers are all on the usual "Shawcross is not that type of player" BS, he's even been selected for England FFS.
    Thank you, I would just like to clarify that I did have the sig before Ramseys injury because I actually rate him.
    Its been reported that his operation was a success but to break both his fibula and tibia...Im no doctor but he's gonna be out for a longgg time
    Arsenal can still win the title. Do it for Ramsey :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Just googled 'Hubert Poo' to see what came up only find your MySpace, where, after a quick look down the page I found, 'Born: Ilford, Current location: Woodford Green'

Do you, the legendary HuPoo, really live in Woodford? and whereabouts? I'm gonna hunt you down :ninja:
    There are people on here who want me killed. :shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    There are people who want the likes of Rob and cfc1992 killed, but you? I think more wanna suck you mop of crumble than kill you. Whereabouts in the Hoodford are you?
    Oh yes. I am, shall we say, unpopular in certain quarters. With fair reason it has to be said.

I'm hardly going to go into too much detail on the forum am I? :p: Although I will say this - Woodford seems to be a rather creepy TSR magnet, and I know of at least three people, in two cases rather prominent ones, who come from the area. And I am not the only mod/ex-mod to have gone to the main school there. It's a TSR leyline, which is remarkable, as I always thought of the place as England's Twin Peaks. I mean, can you take any place seriously where the local paper runs the genuine headline of "New Window Fitted"? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I've live minutes away from Woodford too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    Thank you, I would just like to clarify that I did have the sig before Ramseys injury because I actually rate him.
    Its been reported that his operation was a success but to break both his fibula and tibia...Im no doctor but he's gonna be out for a longgg time
    Arsenal can still win the title. Do it for Ramsey :o:
    The break was a clean break nowhere near the ankle so hopefully the recovery won't take as long as Eduardo's.

For the record:

Diaby was injured for 8 months after he had a double fracture of his leg and dislocated his ankle

Eduardo was out for 12 months after he fractured his left fibula and had an open dislocation of his ankle

Ramsey has "only" suffered a clean break of both his fibula and tibia. Clearly this is still horrible but it may decrease the time of his recovery. A similar comparison would be Djibril Cisse's (first) broken leg where he suffered an almost identical injury to Ramsey. He was out for 5 1/2 months in total. I obviously don't know the exact details of ramsey's injury but I would suspect it to be for a similar time.

Another fun fact. Dan Smith the guy who broke Diaby's leg is now playing in the conference north for Gateshead. Karma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I've live minutes away from Woodford too.
    By Tube, car? :p:

If neither of the above, I officially motion that TSR moves from Brighton to Woodford. It would be immensely crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Another fun fact. Dan Smith the guy who broke Diaby's leg is now playing in the conference north for Gateshead. Karmal
    You're kidding? :teehee:

That was one of the filthiest matches I've ever seen. They had nothing to play for whatsoever and I was hopping ******* mad.

Shawcross is getting way OTT stick compared to what that lot were like then. That was a genuinely ****** up situation.

ReputationRep:
    Bancrofts? ******* cheek. :sexface: Woodbridge, I'm afraid. Only recently did they take the tiling off the roof which in a slightly different colour said HELL HOUSE. :zomg: I'll never forget seeing that for the first time. How prescient. :indiff:

Yes, I went to the same school as Dean Holdsworth. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    By Tube, car? :p:

If neither of the above, I officially motion that TSR moves from Brighton to Woodford. It would be immensely crap.
    Car. I'm closer to South Woodford though. I went ICHS.

ReputationRep:
    Bancrofts fees :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    There are people who want the likes of Rob and cfc1992 killed, but you? I think more wanna suck you mop of crumble than kill you.
    Careful now, JK, you may join that list if you don't step away from Hu Poo :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Ahh Woodbridge wasteman, its all about the Trinity mandem. Who are these others on here that live around here then?
    Trinity rejected me

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to say precisely without them admitting it, but one current mod, who shall remain nameless, and a flashy gemmer. Just to tease. :sexface:

Trinity used to turn up with bats. As a Catholic I was heartily displeased.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.