Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    You're kidding? :teehee:

That was one of the filthiest matches I've ever seen. They had nothing to play for whatsoever and I was hopping ******* mad.

Shawcross is getting way OTT stick compared to what that lot were like then. That was a genuinely ****** up situation.
    Nope

Lest us not forget that Nasri had a broken leg at the start of the season and was out for a relatively short period of time. The only reason there wasn't as much coverage was that it wasn't on tv. I'm desperate to hear the full medical report for Rambo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Careful now, JK, you may join that list if you don't step away from Hu Poo :suith:
    Jealous are we? :sexface:

Not to worry though. I only flirt with the men. The girls get the whole package. :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Nope

Lest us not forget that Nasri had a broken leg at the start of the season and was out for a relatively short period of time. The only reason there wasn't as much coverage was that it wasn't on tv. I'm desperate to hear the full medical report for Rambo.
    There are broken legs though MM and broken legs. Nasri's was a basic fracture from what I gather. Heck, I've seen people play on with what were later found to be similar fractures. Usually slight cracks in the fib, where often you can be back running in less than six weeks.

Break the tib though and it's a whole new ball game. That's a huge shock to the system. Then you have to account force, position, ligaments, compounds, torsion, infection, dislocation et al. Eduardo's was an open dislocation of the ankle with a large amount of ligament damage and compound fractures of both the tib and fib. In many ways it's nothing short of a miracle he's even walking again. :lolwut:

At first glance, several of those things do look reasonably discounted. I'm not a medical student, and can only speak according to what I've seen before and the people I have spoken to who deal with these kinds of injuries. Aaron's appears to all intents and purposes in a decent place - right in the middle. It looks, stress looks, to me like a pretty clean snap. Reminds of me Larsson and Cisse in that sense more than Eduardo's, which frankly was an astonishing injury. The only two I can think of with similar severity in recent times are Busst and Nillis.

We'll have to see, but my hunch is it looks far worse than it is. That's not to say it's not an absolutely dreadful injury, obviously, but it is to say that I suspect comparisons to Eduardo's are probably somewhat inaccurate, and certainly Nasri's. This is in the middle probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I didn't say I wanted him all for myself, catch my drift? :sexface:
    I do tbh :perv:

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to tell right now. Andy Gray was talking a lot of garbage but he was right about one thing - Eduardo's wasn't a clean break. There were lots of complications when he started training, ligament problems...I don't know, I'm no medic. But if Ramsey's is a clean break with no complications, he might be back a lot sooner (It's obviously still long term).

Ramsey is only 19. Younger bones heal faster and all that (don't know how true that is but still... :unsure:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    x
    Agreed. I think we're looking at 6 months but of course that's only speculation. If that is the case we're looking at the end of August but it could be september/october before he's truly match fit.

I do tbh :perv:
    The levels of perversion here are actually getting worse. One day it's just going to escalate into an all out orgy! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...r-aaron-ramsey

thought it was a nice little thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...r-aaron-ramsey

thought it was a nice little thing...
    :yep:

They did the same thing for Eduardo iirc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Agreed. I think we're looking at 6 months but of course that's only speculation. If that is the case we're looking at the end of August but it could be september/october before he's truly match fit.

The levels of perversion here are actually getting worse. One day it's just going to escalate into an all out orgy! :lolwut:
    Overmars is right in that at this point it can only really be relative conjecture at most, which is tbh rather pointless in an objective sense.

If we were going to use that however I'd say Christmas personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Where are we meeting then?
    I suggest ***** hart lane. I wouldn't mind jizzing all over their pitch :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Read the Arseblog - completely agree, really good article today!
    Get well soon Ramsey!

So proud of the lads fighting on yesterday, we can do this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Guardian)
    The Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor knows his return to the Emirates Stadium will be "hell" but says he never wanted to leave Arsenal.

"Arsène Wenger can never say that I wanted to leave," Adebayor told the French television channel Canal Plus. "It was because Arsène didn't want me any more."

Adebayor's move to City was shrouded in mystery, with reports of dressing-room bust-ups. The Arsenal manager has always maintained the forward asked to leave.

"The most annoying thing about the whole story is when people say I wanted to leave for the money," said Adebayor.

"If I had really wanted to, I would have left two years ago for the money and gone to Milan or Barcelona.

"I read that it was me who was the troublemaker in the changing room. That's unbelievable. If one player can say that I, Emmanuel Adebayor, spoke badly to anyone in the changing rooms then I'd honestly like to know who it is. It has never happened in my life.

"If Arsène has a big heart we can go on a TV show to have a debate and he will never say I told him I wanted to leave the club. He'll never say that. He knows it full well."

Adebayor spent three and a half years in north London before moving to City for £25m last summer.

"It will be 90 minutes of hell," he said of City's scheduled trip to the Emirates on 24 April. "The fans will boo me, insult me, because, until now, they haven't understood why I left. I'm the bad guy."

The Togo international caused a row in September when he ran the length of the Eastlands pitch to celebrate a goal in front of Arsenal fans.

He said: "I shouldn't have done that [the celebration] but we are all human. I made a mistake, but who doesn't?"

FFS, the whore decides today, of all days, to say all this?

Is he jealous that Ramsey's getting the focus at the moment?

****ing idiot.

If he ever braves a visit to the Emirates (and he won't...not this season, anyway) he will get "hell", he's right about that.

ReputationRep:
    Saying that he's human despite that celebration is disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    Adebaysnore :facepalm:

He's probably just added fuel to the fire. Cos actually no-one gives a damn about him anymore. Muppet.

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal win the Premier League, Norwich win League 1 and England win the World Cup this year, I may just die of excitement.

Also I'm betting on Arsenal winning the Champions League, a RVP double to seal it

ReputationRep:
    Adebaysnore :facepalm:

He's probably just added fuel to the fire. Cos actually no-one gives a damn about him anymore. Muppet.
    Probably what the idiot wanted. He hasn't been in the news for ages and he's jealous that Tevez is in the lime-light at his club. I hope he f******* plays, better even..I hope he takes a corner:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Also I'm betting on Arsenal winning the Champions League, a RVP double to seal it
    I just came ALL OVER THE SCREEN.

You know how much a new iMac 2006 lcd costs? Salt is an awful corrosive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Can't wait for Citeh now, if any of you Woodfordians fancy seeing me lose my job as spouts of rage overspill before I'm unleashed upon the whore then pop down to the library on the day.
    Opposite Budgens? You're ******* kidding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adebarndoor)
    "If I had really wanted to, I would have left two years ago for the money and gone to Milan or Barcelona."
    Ah yes, Man City pay their players in cows and flour right..?

I never got the whole furore about his celebration. It was provocative, it was designed to be, he'd been getting abuse of our fans for the match and ever since he'd left. He's within his rights to throw it in Arsenal fans' faces when he scores. So long as he doesn't complain about the abuse he gets because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    :yep: Why, do you ever go in there?
    I can't believe this. TSR is ****** up at times.

Put it this way, if I left the house now I'd be there in less than five minutes. And yeah, from time to time. I virtually grew up in there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.