Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Rewatching the MOTD highlights now. A few things:

Sol Campbell also paid tribute to Rambo for the 3rd goal. He put his leg on the advertising boards and pointed to it. Also great to see the passion in him again. The man is a true legend of Arsenal, no doubt about it.

The bbc interviewers first line to Tony Pulis was: "but to be fair to your player he doesn't have a reputation of being that kind of player". I'm so fed up of this line it's not even funny anymore.

"I wouldn't give tuppence for them [wenger's opinion on shawcross] because he doesn't know the kid" responded Pulis. Maybe not but who instructed their players to go in like that? Thought so.

It was shawcross's poor touch that led to the ball breaking loose. Possible anger at himself at that moment which was channelled through Ramsey?

It isn't a studs up challenge but he does go over the ball ( through possible mistiming) and swipes at ramseys leg.

Alan Shearer: "he doesn't have any history". What about Franny Jeffers? What about when he got Adebayor sent off last week. What about the tackle on Adebayor last year? He's 3rd in the table for worst disciplinary in the prem this year. Says it all.

Also the fact Stoke played 120 mins midweek was very telling. They conceded twice in injury time (albeit with a break for the injury) and looked very tired. If we had scored earlier it could well have been 4 or 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I just came ALL OVER THE SCREEN.

You know how much a new iMac 2006 lcd costs? Salt is an awful corrosive.
    Ah well that is a bummer, you're probably gna need a new tv by the end of this season too..

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this. TSR is ****** up at times.

Put it this way, if I left the house now I'd be there in less than five minutes. And yeah, from time to time. I virtually grew up in there.
    :laugh: lol Poo, I think you should go JK hunting :teeth:

Joke :p:

I remember when I found out that I and another TSR member lived like less than 5 mins away from each other and virtually passed each other everyday. That was :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Considering my tv is my pride and joy just around a year old I'd be decidedly upset. However, I'd give it up for that trophy. :sad:

JK, that is scary. :s:

MM, some of those comments made my blood boil. One in particular which was used with Eduardo, which makes me want to kill something, is "he was too quick for him." I'm telling you anyone says that again I will rip their ******** off with my teeth. It's an absurd and almost sarcastic, flippant excuse which leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

The first thing said on the Sky news report last night was "Ryan Shawcross will not sleep well tonight . . ." So Aaron Ramsey was obviously having a ******* fabulous time wasn't he? :rolleyes:

Natty, only if you come with me. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Seems most of the media/phone ins etc. are more concerned about the effect yesterdays incident will have on Shawcross than Ramsey.
    Personally I'm more concerned for the guy with the broken tibia and fibula..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Seems most of the media/phone ins etc. are more concerned about the effect yesterdays incident will have on Shawcross than Ramsey.
    Personally I'm more concerned for the guy with the broken tibia and fibula..
    Quite.

Whereas I personally don't think Shawcross is any Taylor, it still absolutely shocks me how the media are reacting in the same way as they did with Eduardo. That was enough last time to make me question humanity ffs.

Sometimes being a Gooner is a very lonely experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Cesc did the same celebration as Campbell when he put the pen in, the passion of the players after the goals was incredible, I came so close to going as well, you don't ever want to see an injury to a player like that but the passion and performance it brought out of everyone was something to behold.
    Yeah I know. The noise I made when we scored was unreal. Normally I have twitter run side by side next to the stream and it's ahead of the game by about 30 seconds. I minimised it because I wanted it to be as live so I could get the reaction if we scored. Needless to say I lost it when it went in. I'm surprised I didn't get any complaints from the neigbours tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Only, if you promise not to jizz all over me or when we kill find JK

ReputationRep:
    Considering my tv is my pride and joy just around a year old I'd be decidedly upset. However, I'd give it up for that trophy. :sad:
    We're all going to have to prepared to make sacrifices. Either that or you watch every Arsenal game from now on down the pub.. you might get kicked out eventually though

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes being a Gooner is a very lonely experience.
    TBPH I prefer it this way. I love it when a siege mentality builds up around the club. It creates more desire for the club so when we win the league we can stick 2 fingers up at everyone else like in 91 when we were (rightly) described as boring and had 2 points deducted. I hated it in 2004 when the media were practically bending over for us. I actually believe it helped contribute to our downfall.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it's pretty difficult to ignore the rampaging homoeroticism in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it's pretty difficult to ignore the rampaging homoeroticism in this thread.
    Giggidy. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Only, if you promise not to jizz all over me or when we kill find JK
    Well, not over you, no. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Giggidy. :perv:
    If you're referring to Family guy..I may have to kill you :indiff:
    That phrase has become the most repeated noise in my house until yesterday when my brother unfortunately died.

ReputationRep:
    The sexual puns are unbelievable sometimes, I suggest you don't come anywhere near this thread:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    The sexual puns are unbelievable sometimes, I suggest you don't come anywhere near this thread:rolleyes:
    Excellent. :coma:

Thanks for that rep btw dude. :borat:

Where is my Rob? It's about time we put out for you guys again. I want him to smear his gooey mess of bundlesoup all over me dammit. I WANT MY NIGHT OF SIN WITH DR BOBBLE AND MR BUNDLE! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's either that or jacking off to Liverbundle replays again. FFS. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    That's all this thread is at times tbh, your post count of 40 gives the impression that you probably haven't experience the joy, wonder horror that is Rob and HuPoo getting charged up over crusty carrot vomit and the like.
    Only as a voyeur..:gah:

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no other football thread as exciting as the Arsenal one?

Well I say exciting, perhaps I mean, interesting :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. :coma:

Thanks for that rep btw dude. :borat:

Where is my Rob? It's about time we put out for you guys again. I want him to smear his gooey mess of bundlesoup all over me dammit. I WANT MY NIGHT OF SIN WITH DR BOBBLE AND MR BUNDLE! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's either that or jacking off to Liverbundle replays again. FFS. FML.

My right hand is sluggish. I have sinned again and could not resist the temptations of youtube compilations.

btw how do you find out who repped you?:hmmm: both pos and neg
    I think there's people out there to get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Why is there no other football thread as exciting as the Arsenal one?

Well I say exciting, perhaps I mean, interesting :sexface:
    Your sig :mmm:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.