Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Ahhhhh :console:

I'm an xbox guy myself, but I think most on here are Pro Evo fans anyway.
    Yeah I have noticed that, I might buy Pro Evo for the PC one day... Thanks for :console: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    I do. im pretty good tbh lol
    Ah nice one lol, whats your username?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    As for Green, I've always been a big fan of him, but my hunch is Lloris is the one Arsene will go for ultimately. It's just too obvious imo.
    You mean because because he's young, talented and french? I'd go with that except Lloris is going to be pricey, perhaps too pricey for Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Its the Mirror

My guess would be that its just Collymore warming up before giving us a prime example of some professional WUMming.
    Normally I wouldn't take anything the mirror prints as truth but this is Shava. I'm waiting for the alternative female road system that he's going to create any minute now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    http://www.arshavin.eu/en/

The official site. It's worth paying attention to, if for nothing else the utter obscene randomness that comes out of his mouth!
    :rofl:

Shavs :cute:

ReputationRep:
    . From mail1206
    Hello Andrey! You supported Nike and (RED) partner project, aimed at combating HIV / AIDS in Africa. In the video you took part in, you ate shoelaces for some reason! I want to know why you ate red shoelaces? You are not fed at home?

Arshavin: At home I’m fed only with blue ones.

Hello Andrey ...I am an Arsenal fan and I go to London very often as I’m a footballer from Kazakhstan! And I go to London as a team captain. I know your address in London! May I come to visit you and to take an autograph? I’ll bring presents .. There’ll be my coach ,my younger brother who plays for Brazil and I...?? I'm 19 years old .. Will you let in me?
    Arshavin: My grandmother used to teach me that it’s bad manners to invite yourself to somebody’s house.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and he has also sorted out the Goalie problem:

From dysano
    Andrey, just wanted to ask you who you think is the best goalkeeper in the whole history of football?

Arshavin:
    Among the contemporary goalkeepers I saw playing I liked the Dutchman Van
    Breukelen, champion of Europe 88. Buffon. When Buffon finishes his
    career, Igor Akinfeev will become the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    You mean because because he's young, talented and french? I'd go with that except Lloris is going to be pricey, perhaps too pricey for Wenger.
    Essentially yes. :p: I don't knock it though when you start looking under the hood - it makes cultural sense in terms of assimilation. The more knowledge you have of a player as a man and his background relative to those surrounding him and your own methods the more likely you are to exploit his talent. In sum, it's safer generally in working with what you know.

The second part however I'm myself concerned about. When it comes to it though, without blurbing our own club cliche, if he finds the right player then he will go for him. What people often tend to forget is that the price, market stability, contractual demands etc are just as critical to Arsene as the ability of the player in question when he sounds out that rather neat catch all term. He's a man very much of the right player at the right time. As such, I actually suspect that the price in and of itself shouldn't worry us too much - what should is whether it fits with what we can and wish to do at that point. I'm not entirely sure if I've put that the way I wanted but in basic terms I'm saying Arsene might surprise us all one of these days and pay a shocking amount for someone simply because the conditions behind the scenes are conducive to one key word - value.

I get the feeling Lloris might be a realistic candidate to test that assumption. Just because Arsene hasn't done something before doesn't mean he may never do it. Indeed, that would be to ignore the proposal that circumstance of value dictates how this man sees his own economy. Until now, we can say quite transparently that we have acted very much according to circumstance. There's no reason therefore to suggest that as circumstances change our frugality may remain. It will or will not depending on individual dynamic - and as such, although people think they have this guy pegged, I think one of these days he'll shock us.

And inevitably there will be Gooner complaining why we spent £35m on a single player when we could have bought three for the same amount! :p: The response from Arsene will be the same however: "He represented what we felt to be value in the current context, we wanted the player, and therefore paid the money."

ReputationRep:
    I was driving to Stafford, took a wrong left turn and ended up at the Britannia stadium. Think the match was still going on yesterday.

/random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    So long as the figure isn't ridiculous Wenger seems more willing to pay for young talent these days so I wouldn't put it past him, besides, Lloris has shown himself to be one of the best upcoming keepers in the world, just as much as we need a keeper I'm sure Wenger wouldn't want to see a rival take such talent.
    You mean a la Smalling [/cheap shot]

Essentially yes. :p: I don't knock it though when you start looking under the hood - it makes cultural sense in terms of assimilation. The more knowledge you have of a player as a man and his background relative to those surrounding him and your own methods the more likely you are to exploit his talent.
    I'm not knocking it, Wenger having first refusal on all these Marseille street rats has worked out alright over the years.
    ___

18. From alen5290
    Hi Andrey!!) When I saw Julia for the first time, she reminded me somebody very much, at first I didn’t understand…and just recently it occurred to me… I guess, she looks like Jennifer Aniston or the other way round )) How do you think?
    Arshavin: Julia looks like herself

ReputationRep:
    Lol Sarf. :p:

ReputationRep:
    His wife looks about 12 as well.

****in' weird family.

ReputationRep:
    That baby will one day be on Most Wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Essentially yes. :p: I don't knock it though when you start looking under the hood - it makes cultural sense in terms of assimilation. The more knowledge you have of a player as a man and his background relative to those surrounding him and your own methods the more likely you are to exploit his talent. In sum, it's safer generally in working with what you know.

The second part however I'm myself concerned about. When it comes to it though, without blurbing our own club cliche, if he finds the right player then he will go for him. What people often tend to forget is that the price, market stability, contractual demands etc are just as critical to Arsene as the ability of the player in question when he sounds out that rather neat catch all term. He's a man very much of the right player at the right time. As such, I actually suspect that the price in and of itself shouldn't worry us too much - what should is whether it fits with what we can and wish to do at that point. I'm not entirely sure if I've put that the way I wanted but in basic terms I'm saying Arsene might surprise us all one of these days and pay a shocking amount for someone simply because the conditions behind the scenes are conducive to one key word - value.

I get the feeling Lloris might be a realistic candidate to test that assumption. Just because Arsene hasn't done something before doesn't mean he may never do it. Indeed, that would be to ignore the proposal that circumstance of value dictates how this man sees his own economy. Until now, we can say quite transparently that we have acted very much according to circumstance. There's no reason therefore to suggest that as circumstances change our frugality may remain. It will or will not depending on individual dynamic - and as such, although people think they have this guy pegged, I think one of these days he'll shock us.

And inevitably there will be Gooner complaining why we spent £35m on a single player when we could have bought three for the same amount! :p: The response from Arsene will be the same however: "He represented what we felt to be value in the current context, we wanted the player, and therefore paid the money."
    Lloris or Akinfeev would be amazing for Arsenal and I think your right that Wenger would rather go with Lloris but then again with Arsene you truly never know. What about the Club America goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, he is:sogood:

Edit:

:sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood: :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I know nearly as much about Ochoa as I do Lloris or Akinfeev. There is a reason I'm avoiding Akinfeev though actually.

Kinda lame, but I was literally addicted to buying him for Newcastle on FM, and figured if I stop going on about I may kick the habit. :embarrassed: I love him.

ReputationRep:
    That baby will one day be on Most Wanted.
    Most Wanted by Hubert Poo, more like :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I know nearly as much about Ochoa as I do Lloris or Akinfeev. There is a reason I'm avoiding Akinfeev though actually.

Kinda lame, but I was literally addicted to buying him for Newcastle on FM, and figured if I stop going on about I may kick the habit. :embarrassed: I love him.
    Akinfeev is quite good but what makes him exceptional is his ability to save penalties, Lloris on the other hand is truly amazing but tbh I haven't seen much of both to give a final verdict.

(Original post by JK_91)
    Was it you who posted the vid with him in the other day?

He is a quality keeper but I've never heard us linked with him so whilst I wouldn't be opposed I don't see it happening.
    Nope and neither have I heard of a link unfortunately. It just hit me that Arsene might stick with Wojciech Szczesny (copied the name:p: ). He's young but he looks like he's got what it takes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Family Arshavin

Is it just me or if you resized their heads would little Arsh and even littler Arsh look about the same age?
    You wouldn't need to resize much, the two probably see eye to eye on most matters.

The thing with judging a goalkeeper is you can't just judge them on pulling off a stunning save but the confidence and authority they bring to the back four. You could put together a good 5 min vid of Fabian Barthez complete with Euro dance pop but I wouldn't want him.

I think Akinfeev is probably off to Manure, only know Ochoa of FM (where he is damn handy) and Lyon are gonna want every penny they can get for Lloris.

I heard some story about a Man Utd goalkeeper of yore, the name escapes me, Gary Bailey I think, who dislocated his jaw shouting at his defence so hard. That's what we need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Akinfeev is quite good but what makes him exceptional is his ability to save penalties, Lloris on the other hand is truly amazing but tbh I haven't seen much of both to give a final verdict.

Nope and neither have I heard of a link unfortunately. It just hit me that Arsene might stick with Wojciech Szczesny (copied the name:p: ). He's young but he looks like he's got what it takes.

He has the weirdest accent ever. Part polish/ part cockney geyser!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Ah nice one lol, whats your username?
    I will send you the name via pm dude.

ReputationRep:
    One name folks, Neuer. I've pimped him in here before, but that's never stopped me......

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.