Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This will not end well you for young Daines, you have no leg to stand on mate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to ignore the WUMs and make a final point before I go to bed:

It's taken 4 years for Diaby to reach his best after the injury he suffered. Both him and Rambo are at similar ages when they had their injuries. It's only now Diaby has reached his best albeit with frequent injuries. IMO Ramsey MUST be offered the same degree of patience because he will become great even if his growth is now stuttered. Similar could be said for Eduardo who may take one or 2 more years to reach somewhere near his best. Unfortunately he's a bit older but we could get at least 2 or 3 good years out of him. Just a thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Good work Stu :yy:

:rofl:
    Poor Robbie. The WUM got WUMmed

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Fair enough, and I'd agree with most all of your post, tbh. Also, the media are ***** and as sad as it is to say this, it'll most likely take a similar challenge from a foreigner before any campaign for improved refereeing standards is initiated.

WRT the league, I think it'll be a very tight race. We may have a tougher run-in than ye, but we have Rooney. He is, imo, the most devastatingly effective player on the planet right now.
    Read somewhere recently he had a chance conversion rate of 11%. Your system of give him the ball whenever is what makes him seem so "devastatingly effective", its no coincidence that his best form has coincided with Ronaldo's departure. I am fairly confident Darren Bent would have got at least 20 goals in your side, when a team as dominant as United is giving you the ball every attack and you have free reign to shoot it takes a spectacularly bad player to not score a lot.

We'll see if he can do it in the WC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Why? Because I simply don't follow you about, giving you positive rep and agree with everything you say, no matter how absurd it is.

It's quite incredible how delusional you are at times and how you are completely unable to ever see any fault in your own team and personnel.

What exactly do you want referees to do to help protect your precious faultless players? Invent "The Arsenal Law" where no-one is allowed to tackle a player playing for Arsenal Football Club?
    Yeah, good work Stu. Dealing with the WUM... useless.

Daines, I expect referees to yellow card players when they kick other players and go in with intent or overly zealous tackles... studs up... pushing off the ball (or punching in Chris Morgan's case).

Why we expect more protection? Because we get kicked more.

It is simple mathematics for us to assume that because we get fouled more, the opponents might get more yellow cards, more red cards... and we might get more penalties.

But we do not... it isn't good enough. The media promote and almost encourage pub teams to fight Arsenal... not good enough again.

And here and now, you support the idea that Arsenal are merely complaining over small and non-eventish things, when a 19 year old lad is smashed to pieces in a hospital bed somewhere waiting to find out if he will be physically able to fulfill his enormous promise.

If you cannot submit to the sense of all of the above, or any of it as I suspect you'll refuse to... you need to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Fan. ****. Hit. Minute. Any. Now. Will.

Or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    No Daines, apparently JK and myself are the bad guys... I am not even going to AAM to ***** about this useless brand of moderation... I will do it right here, in this ******* church of Arsenal.

I am enamoured with rage at this gross idiocy.

And for the comedy warning I received, it shouldn't be pointed out that I cannot be insulting another member, or perceived to be doing so... unless you mean member as in the slang usage of the word... used in a sentence:

'TM Daines obviously possesses a minute member, and so must attempt to engorge himself with crass, mentally ill e-WUM'.

I hope I've made myself abundantly clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Yeah, good work Stu. Dealing with the WUM... useless.

Daines, I expect referees to yellow card players when they kick other players and go in with intent or overly zealous tackles... studs up... pushing off the ball (or punching in Chris Morgan's case).

Why we expect more protection? Because we get kicked more.

It is simple mathematics for us to assume that because we get fouled more, the opponents might get more yellow cards, more red cards... and we might get more penalties.
    But you're not the most fouled team in the league: Tottenham, Everton and Hull (of all teams) are all fouled more often.

You're bringing up previous injuries and the like yet Birmingham (who broke Eduardo's leg) have given away the least number fouls this season. You're 13th in terms of fouls conceded (7th best).

Interesting that Song is 7th in most fouls conceded this season; Shawcross is not even in the top 50th.

Just some statistics that are perhaps as meaningless as your 1 in 8000.

There's this post from an Arsenal fan on another forum which I stumbled across who I full agree with:

This sort of thread always worries me, the 'holier than thou' attitude can't be justified. We are not the most fouled against team, we are also not the team that commits the fewest fouls. In this thread people rightly praise Song, it should also be noted he has committed the 8th highest number of fouls in the PL this season, almost double that of Shawcross and many more than the so called thugs Bellamy, Bowyer and Brown.

Let's be honest we've all seen our own players go in 'hard' they don't try to break people's legs, stop them yes, break legs no.

We all know the reason teams 'kick us off the park' is because our skillful passing game leaves them no choice. Turn that around who didn't wish that Denilson hadn't 'kicked' Rooney up in the air rather than letting him run past. I know I did.

I am not in any way advocating foul play far from it but let's not make this an anti Arsenal issue let's just make it a clean up football issue.

ReputationRep:
    What did we get warnings for?

Oh for using Jeppaloth's analogy and replying using that same analogy...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it means I'm better at exposing amateurish moderation...

Plus I'm a spiteful prick.

Wonder if I get warned for calling myself a prick... since I'm a member.

:teehee:

Goodness knows with this rabble in control.

ReputationRep:

Oh for using Jeppaloth's analogy and replying using that same analogy...
    I think Stu was just ensuring he knew how to do it... being new and all.

I can only assume it was some sort of weird target practise, that JK and I fell victim to.

ReputationRep:
    You got one for the comment about having a leg to stand on. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but the wording was poor given what had happened and would obviously wind up the Arsenal fans.

Robbie and JK (or you for that matter), if they have any complaints can take it up in AAMM or by PM. I'm not going to clog up this thread anymore than it already has been.

ReputationRep:
    Great. Trigger happy mods in the football forums. This will be fun.

ReputationRep:
    There are certain teams in the premier league who use such dirty and aggresive tactics it's really starting to damage the game. Teams like Stoke and Bolton stop teams from playing football with consistent fouling. They're told to act first think later and it's things like this that cause incidents like Ramsay yesterday. The thing is more teams adopt these tactics against arsenal than any other team, managers know that arsenals strengths aren't physical and they basically tell their teams to foul and push our players about. The most annoying thing is that it can be stopped by referees booking more often for consistent fouling or severely mistimed challenges. But it isn't done and players just constantly foul arsenal players and don't care about the consequences because almost always there aren't any. There are too many incompitant referees in today's game and it needs to be changed. Now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Fan. ****. Hit. Minute. Any. Now. Will.

Or something like that.
    These are the best nights on TSR, the passion will soon die out though

But you're not the most fouled team in the league: Tottenham, Everton and Hull (of all teams) are all fouled more often.
    Fair points, but no one likes playing the victim like an Arsenal fan. Should send them all this link

http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Oooooooh watching the people get lairy. It's not very pretty I tell thee. Walking through town is quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    There are certain teams in the premier league who use such dirty and aggresive tactics it's really starting to damage the game. Teams like Stoke and Bolton stop teams from playing football with consistent fouling.
    But Alex Song is an absolute master at that. Lucas too for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    whats that song again

ReputationRep:
    But Alex Song is an absolute master at that. Lucas too for that matter.
    Er, the master of that lives a little closer to home.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no we have a chelsea WUM as well. This could get nasty! Better send in Eboue...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.