Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Oooooooh watching the people get lairy. It's not very pretty I tell thee. Walking through town is quite scary.
    And not very sensible either. :music:

ReputationRep:
    Oooooooh watching the people get lairy. It's not very pretty I tell thee. Walking through town is quite scary.
    That's my prediction too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    What is AAMM? Could you provide a link?

Also, is it possible in some way to file to have you removed from the moderation team because I honestly don't believe I can continue to post with such shoddy mods around?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Post in there, and it will end up being moved to AAMM, so we can discuss it properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    What is AAMM? Could you provide a link?

Also, is it possible in some way to file to have you removed from the moderation team because I honestly don't believe I can continue to post with such shoddy mods around?
    Ask A Mediocre Moderator?

I feel like I'm mocking the week.

Perhaps I am simply WUMing it.

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted to subscribe just to find out who this guy is:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    And not very sensible either. :music:
    Naaaaaaaaa na na. Na na na na na naaaaaaaa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Er, the master of that lives a little closer to home.
    Fletcher doesn't give away anywhere the number of fouls people believe. We have old Arsene to thank for generating that myth:

Fouls Conceded for Premier League:

1) K.Davies - Bolton - 62
    5) J. Mascherano - Liverpool - 55
    7) A. Song - Arsenal - 51
    20) L. Lucas - Liverpool - 41

77) D.Fletcher - Man Utd - 26

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    x
    It kinda makes sense though given the sensitivity of the situation not to use that analogy though don't you think? I'm a very excitable ******* in real life but generally have the advantage of thinking before I write on here.

Rob's opinion is pretty middle of the road as far as the majority of Arsenal fans I have seen/spoken to over the past 24 hours. It's been an extremely emotional time for everyone connected with the football club and frankly, whether you feel otherwise, we are feeling victimised and isolated. Sure, let's try and keep that discussion going. It's not dead just because it got a couple of warning points out of it, which in my honest opinion frankly look a bit card happy. I know you're not WUMming dude, but remember, in this situation Rob most certainly isn't either. You should see what I've seen from some other Gooners - Rob is positively mild! :p: Frankly, I think Stu should remember that too. And I reserve the right to suggest clemency and proactivity without censorship; I'm not being nasty with it.

I've said before, for instance, that I think it was a 50/50 challenge in this case, albeit in a heated scenario. I've also said that the fact this kind of injury occurred was not a coincidence. I know that can seem somewhat off, but it's really quite simple actually - you encourage a group of people and egg them on to do a certain thing, you get some who don't, some who do, and some who are the very definition of zealots. If a manager instructs his players to rough Arsenal up - and I think you'd have to be a pretty stubborn bloke to say that isn't an honestly accepted fact - how does a player interpret that? He's not going to necessarily think, "Ah. I'll break the ******* guy's leg." But he is going to be rougher than usual. The odd thing is that in itself is vague - and ergo we have the real problem. Such a game as this is always going to be susceptible to injuries of that kind, but if you give specific instructions to up the aggression ante against a particular side the probability of those injuries occurring unfortunately goes up, simply because it's a largely uncontrollable dynamic. So, in a certain sense it's bad luck, but in another very important one we are statistically right smack bang in the middle of the results of a media constantly peddling that the Arsenal don't like it up 'em, and genuine ***** like Allardyce who started it all on the strategic and tactical side.

You see, it's not necessarily some kind of uber conspiracy. The sad fact of the matter is on the footballing side roughing us up a bit makes sense to teams with technical deficiencies. But on the media side, they egg everyone on like the little ******* we all knew at school who spreads lies around just so he can see a fight. Shawcross, in that sense, I actually think is more victim than aggressor - he's a young lad being told to "get stuck in" when they play us. The fact remains he broke Aaron's leg and his in a direct sense very much the aggressor. Yet, whereas I wouldn't think of Martin Taylor and Dan Smith in the same way, I'd suggest this incident exposes the media and managers as the real ******* behind all this.

Not forgetting ultimately the authorities, who are pathetic. They're as clueless as to the vagueness of what "get stuck in" means as we are.

This is a tragic example of what happens when the media use the very filthiest tools to create and propel stories. Young, naive and frankly pretty spineless kids like Shawcross should in a sense rather different to what has been suggested genuinely pitied. There is a great crime behind this awful incident where vagueness and abuse of power rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)

Well if that's not a ban-able offence then I have no idea what is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)

Do you really smell?

You can ask in ask a mod and they will probably warn the other user, i doubt they will tell you who it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    x
    told you it was coming :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    But Alex Song is an absolute master at that. Lucas too for that matter.
    Song fouls often yes but it's almost always due to be slightly to slow, he never needlessy barjes players over or jabs in at the ball, also playing in the CDM role you're bound to pick up fouls because you're tackling the most on the pitch. I will agree that song does foul a lot and is not completely innocent and yes he deserves the treatment I have mentioned if he does what I said players should be booked for, but he is certainly not as vicious as some teams and is the only player in the arsenal squad who fouls this often.

(Original post by JK_91)
    Shezza, as I refer to him, or Roger, as Jangra instructs us to, does indeed look like a really incredible prospect, all Brentford fans sing his praises and from what I've seen he looks fantastic. However, at just 19 years of age (I think) he is probably too young to be thrown straight in at the deep end. It is Roger who makes me believe we may go for someone like Green, a quality keeper that wouldn't expect to be in the side for the next 10+ years a la Lloris/Akinfeev, this would allow Roger to be brought through as the older keeper came to the end of their playing days. That being said, Wenger hasn't given up on Almunia yet, let alone Fab, so all what I'm saying is utter nonsense tbh.
    Roger has what it takes already. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well if that's not a ban-able offence then I have no idea what is :confused:
    Why though?

WUM for a WUM, tbh. The user can be warned for the personal insult, though. Dispicable as that rep comment is I've had some as bad, tis only the internet, after all. FTR, I'd neg that user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Roger has what it takes already. :cool:
    You're a brentford fan I assume? (I've only recently come back to TSR so forgive me).

We all know Roger Chesney has played well but has he made any mistakes even if they weren't costly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    x.
    You can't have it both ways. Now Arsene has the youngsters playing pretty football, they need more protecting. Rewind back to when you were winning trophies consistently and overprotection in matches would have been an absolute curse given the personnel in your defence and central midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Why though?

WUM for a WUM, tbh. The user can be warned for the personal insult, though. Dispicable as that rep comment is I've had some as bad, tis only the internet, after all. FTR, I'd neg that user.
    2 bouts of racism, a personal indsult and comments in poor taste, prob taking it a tad too far IMO.

I think the poster should sub and expose said person, with a screenshot of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Why though?

WUMming is one thing but that's racism. Not excusable in anyway interwebs or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    2 bouts of racism, a personal indsult and comments in poor taste, prob taking it a tad too far IMO.

I think the poster should sub and expose said person, with a screenshot of course.
    This. Neg rep is just a JPEG at the end of the day. Said racist needs to be exposed to all of TSR IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Mediocre? I think mareful is the word your looking for.

HuPoo can be host, we can be team captains, you're currently winning with 2 points to my 1.
    Damn. I'd have hoped to build a bigger lead in the 'insulting other users' category. It's my speciality, apparently...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.