Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wtf everytime I come into this thread it gets weirder...Kelis remixes :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Wash your mouth out. Kelis remixed Da WUM feat Poozduzit.

To think I actually tried to form a band once called Brown Lemon. :facepalm2:

I like Jagielka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Not too long til the PFA Awards come round again, what are your predictions? IMO:

Hart/Friedel
    Ivanovic Jagielka Vermaelen Evra
    Milner Fabregas Lampard Bellamy
    Drogba Rooney

Strange stat for you - we're the only club in the Premier League with no red cards this season, and only Fulham have a better disciplinary record (by points).
    Jagielka hasn't even started a game this season...
    One of the Birmingham centre halves (probably Johnson) or Dunne should go with Vermaelen.

Lennon would probably have been a shoe-in for the right hand berth if he hadn't of been injured and despite Milner playing centrally (as Overmars pointed out) he is still thought of as a right winger so I'd agree with that.

I don't think Lampard has hit the heights of previous seasons (awaits CFC to 'disprove' this) but there is still the argument there for his inclusion. I do think Fellaini could be in with a shout as well, but tbh most centre mids have not exactly excelled this season.

ReputationRep:
    Would agree with a Lennon, Fabregas, Milner, Bellamy midfield tbh.

And i would say McLeish to manage them, but i can't stand the guy, so it'll have to be Hodgson.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, sorry, I didn't mean Jagielka, not sure what was going through my head there. Thanks for pointing it out, will edit it. :yy:

Edited now to Gary Cahill/Dunne

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    You're a brentford fan I assume? (I've only recently come back to TSR so forgive me).

We all know Roger Chesney has played well but has he made any mistakes even if they weren't costly?
    Aye, that's right. He's been superb in every single match he's played. No really costly errors at all - previously to him we were shipping about 2, even 3 goals a game, but since he came along we've only conceded twice one time in seventeen matches, and when goals do go past him they're defensive errors or unstoppable shots. The older sections of the Brentford support reckon he's the best keeper at Griffin Park for about forty or fifty years. He's truly special.

(Original post by JK_91)
    In terms of ability I don't doubt it, but I could see him not realising his full potential to be a truly world class keeper if he is thrown in early. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him loaned out a championship side next season before really contemplating first team action for us.

BTW how did you find this post, were you reading all the posts on here, searching your own name or searching for Roger? I love to think it was the last but I somehow doubt it
    Yeah, I suppose so. It hasn't hurt a few other players that Arsenal in particular have brought through, but by exactly the same token it has harmed others. For a keeper though, a long run of games is usually only a positive thing in terms of improving them and especially when with the same team. That's the main reason Roger asked Wenger to stay with Brentford till the end of the season, rather than joining a third club.

I read through this whole society regularly! Just don't post much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I don't think Lampard has hit the heights of previous seasons (awaits CFC to 'disprove' this) but there is still the argument there for his inclusion. I do think Fellaini could be in with a shout as well, but tbh most centre mids have not exactly excelled this season.
    No, he hasn't. He hasn't been "bad", but he hasn't hit the heights of last season, yet. Ancelotti made a mistake playing him in the hole behind the strikers to begin with, although he's adjusted to his current role better - I haven't seen him been outrun once this season throughout a game. The major difference between his performances this season and last season is his ability to be the engine in our midfield, and his passing doesn't seem to be as pin point. Statistically, he's been pretty amazing once again with goals and assists etc, although I wouldn't have him in a PFA team of the year considering he's probably been out 6/7th best performer this season (After Didier, Ivanovic, Anelka, Terry, Ashley Cole and has probably been on par with Malouda).

ReputationRep:
    You guys think Aaron Ramsey will ever break into the first team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas89)
    Wow, that's not the hundredth time I've heard that today. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas89)
    Give yourself a pat on the back, I'm sure you are so so proud of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Aye, that's right. He's been superb in every single match he's played. No really costly errors at all - previously to him we were shipping about 2, even 3 goals a game, but since he came along we've only conceded twice one time in seventeen matches, and when goals do go past him they're defensive errors or unstoppable shots. The older sections of the Brentford support reckon he's the best keeper at Griffin Park for about forty or fifty years. He's truly special.

Yeah, I suppose so. It hasn't hurt a few other players that Arsenal in particular have brought through, but by exactly the same token it has harmed others. For a keeper though, a long run of games is usually only a positive thing in terms of improving them and especially when with the same team. That's the main reason Roger asked Wenger to stay with Brentford till the end of the season, rather than joining a third club.

I read through this whole society regularly! Just don't post much.
    He really does need a permanent name change though.

Wojciech Szczęsny, really, the commentators will be having a field day.

How do you even pronounce that?

Woychech Shensny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benny_b)
    Give yourself a pat on the back, I'm sure you are so so proud of yourself.
    yes actually im still chuckling to myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

Woychech Shensny?
    Voy-chee-etch Chesney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas89)
    yes actually im still chuckling to myself!
    The only person less funny than you is Lee Mack.

ReputationRep:
    Voy-chee-etch Chesney.
    **** that, I'll be calling him Chester.

(Original post by Stalin)

Woychech Shensny?
    Voy-chee-etch Sh-ch-ez-knee or something like that. V hard. Roger or Chesney will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Wash your mouth out. Kelis remixed Da WUM feat Poozduzit.

To think I actually tried to form a band once called Brown Lemon. :facepalm2:

I like Jagielka.
    This was a staccato of vile lollage.

I have perused the last page, and believe that without my brainmelt, you all lead boring existences in this forum.

I started the Kelis WUMshake btfw :facepalm2:

I did enjoy Rich's follow up, however... as I always do :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The only person less funny than you is Lee Mack.
    you guys think ramsey will be able to walk to the job centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas89)
    If he needs directions we'll tell him to ask you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas89)
    You think you'll be able to walk again when you're finished here?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.