Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I have not disappeared, I have just arrived. Good result, even better with the results from elsewhere tonight. Am I surprised? No. I expected Arsenal to beat Liverpool. Am I surprised Diaby scored? No. I have backed him all the way and he was the only player tall enough and determined enough to get be able to get to that cross. One the whole I'd be a fool not to be happy, and a fool I am not. But it still annoys me seeing Walcott on the pitch, and Bendtner.
    Bendtner had a great game tonight, what are you on about?
    And Theo was brought on as a sub and helped make sure that liverpool couldnt push players forward because of his pace

ReputationRep:
    Imma say one thing: the team that wins the premier league this year will have the lowest points total for a long while. 85 points might be enough this year, heck at this rate the winner might get only 80.

ReputationRep:
    seeing as theres very few chelsea fans on here, i actually don't mind getting wummed lol. i'll take one for the team :sigh:

go on, feed me some crumble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Hansen and/or Lawro better be on tonight.
    You know exactly what's going to happen even if they are on:

Lineker: "So chaps, Arsenal still in the title race?"
    Hansen: *bluntly* "No."
    Lawro: *bluntly* "No."

Tbf, we are not back in the race just yet. United have to drop more points as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    I said 6 words.
    & for some reason, that triggered this.
    :cool:

:confused:, There is a level of football understanding?

I'm sorry, so what level are you on? You've never seen me talk or predict anything about football, I let the results speak for themselves so I don't embarrass myself if things don't go a certain way for my team, There is no need for me to talk about my teams chances this year as I have watched ignorant and naive fans tell me my team aren't even worthy of top 6 based on the starting line-up.
    Of course there is. You stated that nothing changes... I would suggest that certain believed inevitabilities have changed... with the media, and people who seem to eat up their every word and project it, as you have here... must now realise that United and Chelsea cannot simply march through their remaining games and have the title decided by their own head to head.

More importantly, your statement that nothing changes is factually incorrect, when we have gained two points on you in a single game, when our opponents were probably harder/in better form.

The third point to make is that you waltz into our thread expecting not to be slapped down when you make belittling digs at proper fans. Think again.

You're so much more likeable IRL, I don't know what the front is for. Now kindly allow us to enjoy our victory.

ReputationRep:
    I have not disappeared, I have just arrived. Good result, even better with the results from elsewhere tonight. Am I surprised? No. I expected Arsenal to beat Liverpool. Am I surprised Diaby scored? No. I have backed him all the way and he was the only player tall enough and determined enough to get be able to get to that cross. One the whole I'd be a fool not to be happy, and a fool I am not. But it still annoys me seeing Walcott on the pitch, and Bendtner.
    Really? I thought the only players you liked were Cesc and Flamini? Walcott came on as a sub after 2 injuries. He didn't play badly IMO. I've been really disappointed with him but he's had a lot of injuries so I'm willing to give him a chance. Talking out your arse about bendtner. He put in a good shift today. Loads of effort and offered something different. The dive was stupid but other than that I thought he played really well. Very determined.

Here have some crumble...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Bendtner had a great game tonight, what are you on about?
    And Theo was brought on as a sub and helped make sure that liverpool couldnt push players forward because of his pace
    A great game?
    http://www.espnstar.com/football/fro...layer-Ratings/
    Joint second lowest rating in the team if you don't include Nasri coming off early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    seeing as theres very few chelsea fans on here, i actually don't mind getting wummed lol. i'll take one for the team :sigh:

go on, feed me some crumble
    You and Aaron are the only Chelsea fans I like/put up with... depending on the climate within the forum I guess :teeth: then again that's about half the Chelsea posts right there

Crumble you say :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    You see what I mean. This is why I don't tune in to this palce after we win a game. You all get so carreid away, I don't mind you being happy and cheering etc. But to start talking about players as if they have turned world class in one match or even suggesting players had great games when they did not at all...it is hurtful to the eyes of real Arsenal fans, people who follow their team realistically, not people who don't understand football and get carried away.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner was the difference today.

Clichy was good today, not great but very solid. If he just concentrates on defending and ignore the attacking, he can be good. However Pool were rubbish today. Almunia was good, however this doesn't make up for the crap he has done all season.

Good performance overall. We are back in the race. Only 6 points behind, and we don't have to play Chelsea/United/Pool/Villa/Everton :coma:

We have a great chance of winning the title. Hopefully RVP can return soon.

ReputationRep:
    A great game?
    Joint second lowest rating in the team if you don't include Nasri coming off early.
    Was rated better than Cesc/Arshavin here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/us...221548,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Bendtner was the difference today.
    Wanting to win the game was the difference.

ReputationRep:
    A great game?
    We couldn't have on that game without him. He was the only player capable of holding the ball up in the box, which coincidentally led to the goal. A number doesn't really show you the whole impact the player had on the game..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You know exactly what's going to happen even if they are on:

Lineker: "So chaps, Arsenal still in the title race?"
    Hansen: *bluntly* "No."
    Lawro: *bluntly* "No."

Tbf, we are not back in the race just yet. United have to drop more points as well.
    Hansen is such a D***:mad: :mad: and Dixon is a disappointment. Sometimes I feel like MOTD guys are out to get us.

Our game will probably be shown 3rd, maybe even 4th.

ReputationRep:
    A great game?
    Oh and cesc? 8?
    what a load of ********, he was definatly not the best player on the pitch today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Was rated better than Cesc/Arshavin here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/us...221548,00.html
    Yeah Goal.com just published theirs here:
    http://www.rs.goal.com/en-gb/news/26...-1-0-liverpool
    He came fourth worst.

We could go on and on but the point is, nobody in the world thinks Bendtner had a great game apart from Arsenal fans on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Oh and cesc? 8?
    what a load of ********, he was definatly not the best player on the pitch today
    I agree. Not the point though, Bendtner wasn't great, that is the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Of course there is. You stated that nothing changes... I would suggest that certain believed inevitabilities have changed... with the media, and people who seem to eat up their every word and project it, as you have here... must now realise that United and Chelsea cannot simply march through their remaining games and have the title decided by their own head to head.

More importantly, your statement that nothing changes is factually incorrect, when we have gained two points on you in a single game, when our opponents were probably harder/in better form.

The third point to make is that you waltz into our thread expecting not to be slapped down when you make belittling digs at proper fans. Think again.

You're so much more likeable IRL, I don't know what the front is for. Now kindly allow us to enjoy our victory.
    You are kidding, right? you notoriously do this 24/7 to other rival threads and although I want to say something, I say nothing.

Front? Nope - It's called being OPEN, I just said what other rival fans are afraid to say but thinking, I wasn't rude at all & If I was feel free to highlight the part that hurt you and why, that being said - you've insulted my football knowledge, but do you see me upset? , nope!

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Not the point though, Bendtner wasn't great, that is the point.
    arghh you're so bloody agrivating! Bendtner did not play like rooney, okay I accept that, but I highly doubt we would have won that game without him, he provided what we lacked against chelsea and man u. Up until now I couldn't stand Bendtner but I can easily see that he had a very positive effect on Arsenals game today. Solid.

ReputationRep:
    A great game?
    Urgh quoting a yankee "soccer" website for ratings. Diaby's touchdown was fantastic the play by Bendtner and the layoff by rosicky was superb!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.