Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Graham Poll of all people :rofl:

How was it that arseblogger described him last week 'the man's a ****, a ******* **** of a ****' or words to that effect lol. Well, I'm glad to see that at least he's seen sense on this. :congrats:

I found a pic of the banner I mentioned before, it should come up below as its now my sig.
    Beautiful sig. I can't decide what to write under mine.. team bridge atm but I don't partiularly like Man City... :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Arseblog excellent again as was Barclay on Sunday Supplement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Graham Poll of all people :rofl:

How was it that arseblogger described him last week 'the man's a ****, a ******* **** of a ****' or words to that effect lol. Well, I'm glad to see that at least he's seen sense on this. :congrats:

I found a pic of the banner I mentioned before, it should come up below as its now my sig.
    Wow that's brilliant. I hope to see that on Saturday. Where did you get it from and is there a smaller version of it? And where's my WUM? :sexface:

EDIT: found it on redaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    That's so weird you said that because I'm just speaking to someone who makes shirts and is deciding between 'Team Rambo' and 'Win it for Rambo' and before I came back to this page just posted about the similarities that would be drawn up between Team Rambo and the whole Team Bridge/Terry load of ********.
    haha that's pretty weird, I think 'Win it for Rambo' would be a lot better. Imagine them all wearing one when we destroy Burnley, I think every Arsenal fan would just collapse with pride :arsenal:

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, though I'm not usually in the habit of spreading filth like the Mail, people should take a look at Martin Samuel's column on the tackles culture. Nail on ******* head.

For a laugh, people should also look out for the Fat Waiter criticising Blackburn for their style of play. :teehee:

And yes. Black Books. Dylan Moran is a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Not for the players lol, he sells them in the Rocket pre-game. If the players had them though, that would truly be immense. :coma:

The flag is gonna be 18ft by 15ft and I'm more of a metric guy but I think that's about 6x5m which is ******* massive really, if you donate towards the flag and leave your email address you'll be in with a chance of winning it once Ramsey is fit and playing again.

Edit: Donate on PayPal to this email address if you want to [email protected]
    haha nah I realised that, was just saying it would be sensational. Wow that is a pretty bit flag, hope it gets done, I'll have a look into the paypal. Ah can't wait for the Burnley game now, I know something is going to happen... :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    **** me, some good stuff from Poll

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
    I don't understand what he's trying to say.

Either Shawcross attempted to win the ball and it was an accident that Ramsey got hurt, or Shawcross tried to cause him harm. They're the only two options in this scenario. So how can Poll say that is wasn't an accident but Shawcross didn't try to cause him harm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    The flag has been ordered so its just a matter of whether or not it'll be there for the weekend or whether it'll be Porto next week, personally I would prefer the latter :teeth:

I can see us tearing Burnley's defence to shreds tbh.
    Ooh yeah against porto would be nice

Yeah same, a team who are poor away from home against a team ready to unleash hell on the league for the pain they've suffered, it's gna be a gooooood 90 minutes :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

Either Shawcross attempted to win the ball and it was an accident that Ramsey got hurt, or Shawcross tried to cause him harm. They're the only two options in this scenario. So how can Poll say that is wasn't an accident but Shawcross didn't try to cause him harm?
    I guess he meant that challenges like that shouldn't be allowed simply due to how dangerous they are rather than how much intent is there. i.e. it wasn't an accident because players think it's ok to go charging in like that, but it's not malicious because Shawcross didn't know that hurting Ramsey is a likely consequence.

I disagree with him. I think Shawcross knew he'd hurt Ramsey and he wanted to hurt Ramsey. He obviously didn't want to break his leg though. And I don't blame Shawcross for that. He has every incentive to keep trying to hurt players and no incentive to stop.

Also, hearing Wenger say crap like this: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-tackling-call ...is ****in' frustrating.

We're considered the pussies of the Premier League. We injure absolutely no-one. So why does he feel guilty FFS. I was kind of hoping this would **** over whatever moral superiority he has and turn him into a sick animal -- realising that refs aren't going to change, and therefore charging our players up to do exactly the same thing. Clearly a pipe dream.

ReputationRep:

Shawcross made a stupid, not malicous, challenge on Ramsey, any footballer knows going in like he did is going to probably do some harm, unfortunatly in this case, a lot of harm. It wasn't an accident because Shawcross knew it wasn't going to be a completely clean challenge, we can tell that by how he flew in, but he didn't want to break Ramseys leg obviously, but it was the consiquence of his idiotic attempt at a tackle, therefore not an accident, but the outcome was also not the aim.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be said given how close the league could be at this stage that upping our goal difference is something not to be sniffed at, even if the old and generally correct cliche of "three points is three points" remains prime.

Frankly, without being disrespectful to Burnley, we have no ******* business even talking about winning the crown if we can't deal with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    It has to be said given how close the league could be at this stage that upping our goal difference is something not to be sniffed at, even if the old and generally correct cliche of "three points is three points" remains prime.

Frankly, without being disrespectful to Burnley, we have no ******* business even talking about winning the crown if we can't deal with them.
    Agreed. Chelseas goal difference is running away a bit, imagine if we lost it on goal difference.. ouch

Also yeah but I am finding it very hard to see us lose to Burnley after Stoke, I wouldn't be suprised if we absolutly demolish them and leave Jenson suicidal :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Agreed. Chelseas goal difference is running away a bit, imagine if we lost it on goal difference.. ouch

Also yeah but I am finding it very hard to see us lose to Burnley after Stoke, I wouldn't be suprised if we absolutly demolish them and leave Jenson suicidal :cool:
    I think you're panicking a bit. Chelsea are on +39, we're on +35. That's hardly a giant gulf and we've got a few of the smaller teams to play which could result in a few goals. Points are more our concern. Not that we play a defensive game anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I think you're panicking a bit. Chelsea are on +39, we're on +35. That's hardly a giant gulf and we've got a few of the smaller teams to play which could result in a few goals. Points are more our concern. Not that we play a defensive game anyway...
    Ah you're right, I think I must have misread it last time I looked because I thouhght it was more than that. Okay yeah if its only 4 goals then thats no problem at all with our next 5 games, I can see us hardly conceding over the rest of the season tbh, except against Man City perhaps but I'm still optimistic about that one

ReputationRep:

The break was an accident but the reckless nature of the challenge wasn't. He's implying that this injury was an accident waiting to happen and therefore can it even be regarded as an accident.

ReputationRep:
    Burnley get spanked for 4 or 5 every time they travel. A good chance for Bendtner, Eduardo or Arshavin to fill their boots.

ReputationRep:
    Is Arsh definitely back for Burnley?

ReputationRep:
    We haven't really missed Arshavin at all but if he can come back fresh he could make a huge difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    We haven't really missed Arshavin at all but if he can come back fresh he could make a huge difference
    He could make the difference.

He needed a rest (I know an injury isn't really a rest..but meh..it's time away from football, anyway).

Think about the impact Arshavin was having when he joined. He'll get his favourite position on the left back with Bendtner/Eduardo seemingly fit. It's the business end of the season and there are two trophies to play for....

Cesc can't carry us forever (w.r.t goalscoring and assists), Arshavin must step up.

edit: Geoff - Wenger said he would be a week ago. Don't know if that has changed. I doubt it.

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    Interesting. That means he'll probably spend one more year out on loan somewhere before returning to become the "cup" keeper for a year then hopefully claiming the first team spot. I must say I'm very excited especially as he's already played international football.

Fun fact: His dad played in a champions league quarter final for legia warsaw in 1996 and only retired in 2002 :cool:
    He kept a clean sheet for you in the CC against West Brom already this season, so it's possible that he'll be kept on till at least Xmas to play the early rounds again. Either way, I hope he gets loaned out in either of the next two seasons, even if only because Arsenal are knocked out of the league cup.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.