Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Report all the tl;dr *****, Poo, surely that's spamming?

I've read it and will reply at some point, just need to finish reading some uni stuff.
    I've asked Stu to clear it up. If they are left I will just go through them systematically myself with the "red pen."

You know, it's not surprising they're all non-regs just trying to up their count on the school computer. I used to post stuff like that all the time and have never seen that before. :lolwut: GCSE lot tbh.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE? Nah, the creche let kids have access to the computer. I really need some coffee but it's all the way downstairs, I want to live in a bungalow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Skingsley Pinger)
    Cesc Fabregas is one of the dirtyest players in the prem.

Arsenal over the last 10 years are one of the dirtyest teams.
    True story.

ReputationRep:
    lol, behave yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You seem to think that being physical implies having to foul? That is the difference for me, I've got no problems with sides that always genuinely go for the ball knowing that there is a good chance they will win it. If we were stricter then teams wouldn't stop throwing in tackles as you suggest, they would buy players who could actually win tackles.
    I'm not saying physical = foul but if you restrict what physicality is allowed then being physical will equal a foul.
    The references I have made about foreign defenders willingly fouling anyone who dares to attack their goal was just in reference to 'English brutes / foreign cutes' defending.

What is a 'good chance to win it' though? 50/50? 60/40? 70/30? 100/0? Players have to be given the oppurtunity to compete otherwise it will become a training exersice. Perhaps on smaller pitches virtually non-contact football could be played. But that would mean a drastic change the world over that could never be implemented.

And I disagree on the stricter point, simply because it would just give attackers the run of the pitch as defenders would always be in fear of being booked because they don't know what ball is 'compete-able' and what ball isn't. This could even result in football becoming more negative!

----------------

The point about Atletico is unfair I think, as they are just having the type of season Tottenham had last season (and which Atleti seem to have every season tbf :p: ). Those two teams could probably be compared tbh, but Stoke and Atletico is just not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Can't you get your secret TSR **** sleep buddy to go get it for you?

No, for she is not here.

I'm going to try teach the kitten how to make coffee. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Skingsley Pinger)
    dirtyest
    Not once, but twice.

FML.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers dude. Far better than the clearly moronic tldr - mine was only a football post, but I see it quite often in H&R when people are asking for help and it makes my ******* blood boil. It's ignorant and childish.

Too many ******* nursery kids on here tbh these days. Even the subs have had things dumbed down a bit in certain cases to cater for the slow babies whom we "must not offend". ******* diddums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Cheers dude. Far better than the clearly moronic tldr - mine was only a football post, but I see it quite often in H&R when people are asking for help and it makes my ******* blood boil. It's ignorant and childish.

Too many ******* nursery kids on here tbh these days. Even the subs have had things dumbed down a bit in certain cases to cater for the slow babies whom we "must not offend". ******* diddums.
    You seem very agitated at the moment Poo. Perhaps you need to release some WUM? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Damn right I'm agitated. PC morons everywhere dumbing **** down. Depressing as **** to see the nation literally drowning in stupidity.

This Ramsey thing has genuinely left me completely devastated. The country is morally bankrupt and I am ashamed to have been born here. Utterly ashamed. I can only hope my club end up spearheading a European Superleague with the rest of the continental teams who actually want to play football and stick two fingers up to this land fit for neanderthals.

I want no part of this ******* country.

ReputationRep:
    How big do you want your sig Mr Televantou?!

ReputationRep:
    Damn right I'm agitated. PC morons everywhere dumbing **** down. Depressing as **** to see the nation literally drowning in stupidity.

This Ramsey thing has genuinely left me completely devastated. The country is morally bankrupt and I am ashamed to have been born here. Utterly ashamed. I can only hope my club end up spearheading a European Superleague with the rest of the continental teams who actually want to play football and stick two fingers up to this land fit for neanderthals.

What happened? I missed it all on the way home from work?

(Original post by cfc1992)
    How big do you want your sig Mr Televantou?!
    Bigger once I find some more dancing Arsenal players. I'll spoiler it though cos it slows down my browser. And should I be worried that you know my surname? :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, but it sounds like a good name for a dodgy electronics salesman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    What happened? I missed it all on the way home from work?

Bigger once I find some more dancing Arsenal players. I'll spoiler it though cos it slows down my browser. And should I be worried that you know my surname? :eek4:
    You have your twitter account in your sig so its not really suprising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Dunno, but it sounds like a good name for a dodgy electronics salesman.
    LOL

(Original post by Deshi)
    You have your twitter account in your sig so its not really suprising
    Aaaah that would make sense! Still very creepy of CFC if I do say so myself...

ReputationRep:

Just for kicks, give me the English participants in this Euro League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Televantou is a quality name, but your middle name isn't actually Cesc is it?
    I have a feeling I'm being stalked by the whole of TSR now...

And no it's not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    There would be loads with Adebayore but I'm guessing you don't really want him in your sig :P:

On another note, I'm getting increasingly bored with the media in general. I wouldn't care if the whole public didn't all follow suit and agree with them just because they read it in the paper or what not. 3 compound fractures in 4 years. If you want to say thats just damn unlucky, be my guest, but you would be wrong. Everyone has some sort of complex from which they can only spout negative comments about Arsenal and their fans. Its the whole 'underdog' idea that the British are so fond of I think, which is where we always want to see the underdog win, and, as we all know, Arsenal play the best football in the premierleague. Whenever any kind of foul commited against Arsenal it's completely overlooked all the time, thats why teams think they can get away with it, because the media is behind them. How many dives happen a week in the Premier League in the box? 3? 4? more usually.. yet when Eduardo dived against Celtic (yes it was very wrong and annoying that he did it) he was branded as 'cheating scum' and it was talked about for like 2 months after it happened and I still here it brought up, Gerrard dived about 10/15 times when we last played Liverpool but no ones mentioned it. If it was Gerrards leg that was broken who ever did it would probably be dead by the morning. It just pisses me off how blatent it is that theres one set of rules for Arsenal and one set of rules for the rest of the League, IMO Man Utd benefit most from this :/

I know this has pretty much all been said but I felt the urge to regurgitate it after reading that blog linked by In2deep I think it was :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    It just pisses me off how blatent it is that theres one set of rules for Arsenal and one set of rules for the rest of the League, IMO Man Utd benefit most from this :/
    I was agreeing with most of your post but then you said this and I just thought... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    :ninja:

I've tracked down HuPoo to his actual address, I get a feeling you might be somewhat harder to do though.
    Careful Poo, he's coming to fill us with his WUM :perv:

(Original post by Harry-AA)
    There would be loads with Adebayore but I'm guessing you don't really want him in your sig
    Haha I know, not particularly! There was a good one of RVP dancing with Eboue but Adebarndoor was in it as well and I didn't want to tarnish my sig. Didn't Song do a dance once?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.