Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Just for kicks, give me the English participants in this Euro League.
    I'm guessing in real terms it would be United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, following on from current powerplay patterns.

Better than having to "compete" with the prison teams found elsewhere plying their trade under Her Majesty's pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    There would be loads with Adebayore but I'm guessing you don't really want him in your sig :P:

On another note, I'm getting increasingly bored with the media in general. I wouldn't care if the whole public followed suit and agreed with them because they read it in the paper or what not. 3 compound fractures in 4 years. If you want to say thats just damn unlucky, be my guest, but you would be wrong. Everyone has some sort of complex from which they can only spout negative comments about Arsenal and their fans. Its the whole 'underdog' idea that the British are so fond of I think, which is where we always want to see the underdog win, and, as we all know, Arsenal play the best football in the premierleague. Whenever any kind of foul commited against Arsenal it's completely overlooked all the time, thats why teams think they can get away with it, because the media is behind them. How many dives happen a week in the Premier League in the box? 3? 4? more usually.. yet when Eduardo dived against Celtic (yes it was very wrong and annoying that he did it) he was branded as 'cheating scum' and it was talked about for like 2 months after it happened and I still here it brought up, Gerrard dived about 10/15 times when we last played Liverpool but no ones mentioned it. If it was Gerrards leg that was broken who ever did it would probably be dead by the morning. It just pisses me off how blatent it is that theres one set of rules for Arsenal and one set of rules for the rest of the League, IMO Man Utd benefit most from this :/

I know this has pretty much all been said but I felt the urge to regurgitate it after reading that blog linked by In2deep I think it was :/
    I felt literally sick after reading that b******* and we all know that is the general view.

The hypocrisy is blatant. To togetherness of the public to sympathize with Shawcross is painful and reading the recent thread started by HP I have come to the conclusion that it's only Arsenal that are against such tackles. I have argued my point to idiots so much I can't even be bothered anymore. I just hope we win the league for Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    IMO Man Utd benefit most from this :/
    You've twigged my interest, go on, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Haha I know, not particularly! There was a good one of RVP dancing with Eboue but Adebarndoor was in it as well and I didn't want to tarnish my sig. Didn't Song do a dance once?
    So true:rolleyes: Henry and Aderbarwhore dance was terrific. Feels so weird watching that now

ReputationRep:
    You see, I don't care who benefits most from it. This is what I can't get through people's ******* heads. I am not asking for preferential treatment. Hell, I don't ******* want it! I am not that damn kind of person thank you very much. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I want a level playing field where this neanderthal garbage is no longer a preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    A flight to Spain is somewhat harder than a 2 minute walk around the corner, you're safe, at least until the Citeh game. :ninja:

Against Pompey? I think he did, I'm not sure if its captured anywhere though.
    Indeed. It looks like it will be pull getting all the WUM and crumble then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    You see, I don't care who benefits most from it. This is what I can't get through people's ******* heads. I am not asking for preferential treatment. Hell, I don't ******* want it! I am not that damn kind of person thank you very much. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I want a level playing field where this neanderthal garbage is no longer a preference.
    Lets be honest, thats never going to happen. Its pretty much part of the British football culture unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing in real terms it would be United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, following on from current powerplay patterns.

Better than having to "compete" with the prison teams found elsewhere plying their trade under Her Majesty's pleasure.
    The crux of the problem, for me, is that in real terms both Villa and Forest are more successful in European competition than Arsenal and Chelsea, so why ostracize them? If it was to be an elite league then surely a European Cup would be the basic qualifying factor?

ReputationRep:
    We both know it would work in practice on the group power structure currently in place, and neither Villa or Forest are players, just as teams like Steua aren't.

ReputationRep:
    You've twigged my interest, go on, please.
    Well a perfect example was Vidic at the weekend, why the **** was he still on the pitch after that awful attempt of a tackle? There seems to be a lot of decisions given their way that so many people can't understand, theres almost never a penalty shout from Man Utd turned down yet on so many occasions it would be if they had not been the victims, they play dirty and get away with it and get nursed by the referee if anyone dares challange them.

I think the main reason is because of that hideous thing they have at the helm. He bullies the FA basically.

ReputationRep:
    No-one bothered to head down to the grove to watch Brazil?

Starting on ITV in 15 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    No-one bothered to head down to the grove to watch Brazil?

Starting on ITV in 15 mins.
    Not for the prices they're charging (plus the plane fare :rolleyes: ) Done it before as well for the Argentina and Portugal games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I felt literally sick after reading that b******* and we all know that is the general view.

The hypocrisy is blatant. To togetherness of the public to sympathize with Shawcross is painful and reading the recent thread started by HP I have come to the conclusion that it's only Arsenal that are against such tackles. I have argued my point to idiots so much I can't even be bothered anymore. I just hope we win the league for Ramsey.
    I hope we win the league so we can stick two fingers up at english football.... and the media

ReputationRep:
    Well a perfect example was Vidic at the weekend, why the **** was he still on the pitch after that awful attempt of a tackle? There seems to be a lot of decisions given their way that so many people can't understand, theres almost never a penalty shout from Man Utd turned down yet on so many occasions it would be if they had not been the victims, they play dirty and get away with it and get nursed by the referee if anyone dares challange them.

I think the main reason is because of that hideous thing they have at the helm. He bullies the FA basically.
    I expected as much, tbh. We didn't have to play 'dirty' to beat Arsenal, did we? Blame the refereeing, and thus the FA, not the PL.

Yeah, because Wenger never says anything about refs.

Typical stereotypical BS about favouritism and Utd, well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I was agreeing with most of your post but then you said this and I just thought... :facepalm:
    Well it's just so difficult watching so much go against us in games, perhaps if I said there was a different mentality towards Arsenal than every other team would have been more appropriate?

ReputationRep:
    We both know it would work in practice on the group power structure currently in place, and neither Villa or Forest are players, just as teams like Steua aren't.
    Ok so, then why Arsenal, specifically? Style of play? It's certainly not due to success in Europe.....

ReputationRep:
    Well it's just so difficult watching so much go against us in games, perhaps if I said there was a different mentality towards Arsenal than every other team would have been more appropriate?
    Definately mate :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so, then why Arsenal, specifically? Style of play? It's certainly not due to success in Europe.....
    We're the most conisistent team in Europe when it comes to qualifying for the finals. We just can't keep our cool when the heats turned up :/

ReputationRep:
    Gilberto back at the emirates :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on. You're on the WUM. :p: We're one of the biggest clubs in the world. You'd have to be completely ignorant to suggest otherwise. I'm the first to go on about the European Cup issue but if we're being blunt that does not equate to power in the modern game. It takes cash.

I'm not saying it's ideal though. That is what I believe would constitute the probable basis for any Superleague being formed; where the power is.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.