Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys, just a quick note - without translations for things you're on shaky ground, so I'd advise against it if you don't want to end up in AAM crying like I apparently am here as a big Southern nancy. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    What language are JK/Stalin typing in :confused:

I've seen it before but I can't remember and now feel stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Please spare me the GEL propaganda. It's an idiotic thing to suggest given these selfsame GELS are writing in programme notes how the tactic is indeed to "rough us up." Now the GEL brigade are even resorting to acting like nothing ever happened and guilt tripping us for being too fast or such ********. Oh I am sorry.

You can't call it an accident as much as you can't call it blithe desire to snap him in two, and it's therefore pretty tough to call people's reaction OTT.

What is OTT is Gallas acting like a tit and putting in a tackle of his own crapness but being publicly executed for it for an entire week, replete with constant replays. Though I'm not too concerned about the fact he was an Arsenal player, I am concerned he was French. Shawcross isn't. How convenient. As such, the first thing I hear on Sky News that night, "Ryan Shawcross will have trouble sleeping tonight . . ."

Aaron at that point wasn't having too much trouble either, admittedly. Mainly because he was out like a light on an operating table.

Before i can read this, i need to know what GEL means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What language are JK/Stalin typing in :confused:

I've seen it before but I can't remember and now feel stupid...
    :facepalm2:

Russian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    :facepalm2:

Russian!
    Ffs, I do German and Russian history as well :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Ffs, I do German and Russian history as well :facepalm2:
    That's even more fail than Liverpool's season(so far)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Skingsley Pinger)
    Before i can read this, i need to know what GEL means.
    GEL = Good English Lad.

We need a GELictionary, folks.

ReputationRep:
    It wasnt a particulary bad tackle tho, the football community as a whole even agrees that it was NOT a red card offence.

The referee after the match even said to Delap that he only gave a red becasue of the injury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    www.robisms.com

...and the Launch Theory thread.
    Well, yes, but I think these resources should be available via the announcements at the top of the footie forum, tbpfh. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    That's even more fail than Liverpool's season(so far)...
    Liverpool's season won't end up being a fail though because we'll win the Europa League and have one more trophy than Arsenal :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :o:

(Original post by JK_91)
    x
    I was just on your profile and realised you have an offer from the LSE, well done man :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I was agreeing with most of your post but then you said this and I just thought...
    I only got to the bit about Arsenal playing the best football in the league before giving up. I was only just hanging on after the world and media are against us bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Cheers, I'm spending way to much time procrastinating on here atm to meet it though

I remember you were applying for similar courses at the time, have you heard back from everywhere yet?
    Yeah I have heard back from everybody and it didn't go too great :p: I firmed Southampton for straight Eco though. If you wanna know how the rest went just ask me and I'll pm you mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Skingsley Pinger)
    It wasnt a particulary bad tackle tho, the football community as a whole even agrees that it was NOT a red card offence.

The referee after the match even said to Delap that he only gave a red becasue of the injury.
    Look up what collective insanity means.

If the whole world thought there was no issue behind the tackle, which is more critical, then I would still have no compunction whatsoever in telling it en masse to go **** itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Liverpool's season won't end up being a fail though because we'll win the Europa League and have one more trophy than Arsenal :teehee:
    In your dreams, just wait until you meet some real opposition.

Urinate FC aren't even a top side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Look up what collective insanity means.

If the whole world thought there was no issue behind the tackle, which is more critical, then I would still have no compunction whatsoever in telling it en masse to go **** itself.
    Do so then. That's your prerogative but realise that the consensus is that the tackle was no worse than dozens that happen every weekend. The tackle was no worse than Gallas' on M. Davies a few weeks; naturally there's a reaction because the result was much worse. Football is a full contact physical game. Broken bones are a natural occurance of the game even when played within the laws and the correct spirit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Cheers, I'm spending way to much time procrastinating on here atm to meet it though

I remember you were applying for similar courses at the time, have you heard back from everywhere yet?
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Yeah I have heard back from everybody and it didn't go too great :p: I firmed Southampton for straight Eco though. If you wanna know how the rest went just ask me and I'll pm you mate.

Hey there fellow Economists! :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Unless I really get going I can see myself ending up at Southampton, it might not have the rep of the likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL etc but it seems like a great uni, I'd certainly be more than happy to go there.
    Southampton is quite nice although I wouldn't say it has much character tbh. Was hard to pick a fault for it both times I've been, although it was hard to pick lots of positives that it had over other unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    M+E at LSE? You don't know what you've got yourself into... :facepalm2:

Gazidis has confirmed the clock is coming back next season along with the return of the stand names, I'm loving that guy more and more.
    Stand names too? Good move! I knew about the clock but I didn't hear about the stand names. west stand upper... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

Stand names too? Good move! I knew about the clock but I didn't hear about the stand names. west stand upper... :sexface:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...998406,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Do so then. That's your prerogative but realise that the consensus is that the tackle was no worse than dozens that happen every weekend. The tackle was no worse than Gallas' on M. Davies a few weeks; naturally there's a reaction because the result was much worse. Football is a full contact physical game. Broken bones are a natural occurance of the game even when played within the laws and the correct spirit.
    That is sheer nonsense. Again. Rote commentator crap.

The Gallas thing cannot be measured on amount of exposure, but on where that exposure was directed.

I find it astonishingly sad that people seem determined to ignore the fact I have said a hundred ******* times this is not an Arsenal problem. It's something that affects all of us. I couldn't give a **** about whether it benefits us or not.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.