Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Didn't Possebon break his in 2008 against boro. Pogatetz(sp?) with a two footer.

Edit: http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/law/2009/06/...-a-broken-leg/ and this one. Career was ended.

2 in the space of a year and a half, must be a conspiracy :dontknow:
    Okay one break for United (and I'm not sure who that player is...) but benefit of doubt on it... That's one since the prem began then.

Liverpool/Chelsea had it at all?

I wonder if any team has taken as many as Arsenal (as some buffoon was trying to claim a few days back).

I mean you'd have to mentally damaged not to realise a correlation. Perhaps Arsenal are just too quick for the thugs... stupid Arsenal, slow down and let mediocre teams keep up, or they'll smash you... but they won't mean it, because they're not that kind of player (TM).

Another day passes and no rules changes are proposed... no bans increased. Mad.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal broken bone(s) = Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey
    Manchester United broken bone(s) = Ben Collett, Alan Smith (not by a tackle)
    Liverpool broken bone(s) = Cisse x2 (Skrtel currently has a broken foot as well, but that isn't to the extent of this lot tbh)
    Chelsea broken bone(s) = Cole

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head over recent years and that’s not counting the constant metatarsal injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'm blowing up eggs in the microwave as I'm bored. Could anyone care to suggest a setting? It's a Panasonic 850w, so is fairly powerful.

My Fb peeps are helping me drawing up a hitlist, and I will paint representative faces on them before they face execution. Then I will post a leaderboard. Bets are accepted.
    Try blowing them up with some impressive thigh muscle squeezing tbf :sexface:

Might just set off a chain reaction, and I'll blow up too :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Okay one break for United (and I'm not sure who that player is...) but benefit of doubt on it... That's one since the prem began then.
    Oh, reserves we've had at least three or four in the last couple of yearrs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Arsenal broken bone(s) = Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey
    Manchester United broken bone(s) = Ben Collett, Alan Smith (not by a tackle)
    Liverpool broken bone(s) = Cisse x2
    Chelsea broken bone(s) = Cole

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head over recent years and that’s not counting the constant metatarsal injuries.
    Cisse was once due to him running rapidly and there was no contact, am I right?

Who broke him the other time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Overmars - are you suggesting we kick the opposition players? That's not going to solve anything... The game has simply changed (quicker, more precise) and thus the rules need to be updated to keep up.
    The rules currently read: Get your shirt pulled (like Song) and get a 2 match ban. Break someone's leg, get a 3 match ban.

The rules aren't going to be 'updated', so I suggest we 'keep up'.

If every time we're kicked, we kick back...then I'm convinced we'll see less of this happening to us. If it happens to anyone else? **** it. No-one gives a **** about what happens to us -- if you've been a fan for longer than 10 mins, you should know this -- and, unfortunately, I'm not a good enough person not to sink to their level. I got sick of this garbage quite a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if any team has taken as many as Arsenal (as some buffoon was trying to claim a few days back).
    Blackburn had two in as many games. I'm not really sure what your evidence is trying to prove here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    The rules currently read: Get your shirt pulled (like Song) and get a 2 match ban. Break someone's leg, get a 3 match ban.

The rules aren't going to be 'updated', so I suggest we 'keep up'.

If every time we're kicked, we kick back...then I'm convinced we'll see less of this happening to us. If it happens to anyone else? **** it. No-one gives a **** about what happens to us -- if you've been a fan for longer than 10 mins, you should know this -- and, unfortunately, I'm not a good enough person not to sink to their level. I got sick of this garbage quite a while ago.
    I concur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I concur.
    You do kick back already though, that's kind of the whole point. Look at Gallas's on Davies a few weeks back. Hardly any less worse than Shawcross' but it just didn't happen to result in a broken leg.

ReputationRep:
    Cisse was once due to him running rapidly and there was no contact, am I right?

Who broke him the other time?
    It was a tackle, in some match for France in 2006, don't know the player. But he whipped Cisse up causing him to land awkwardly (admitedly I forgot that he wasn't playing in the Liverpool team when that happened, so my bad)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    You do kick back already though, that's kind of the whole point. Look at Gallas's on Davies a few weeks back. Hardly any less worse than Shawcross' but it just didn't happen to result in a broken leg.
    It's working :holmes: Three points behind in the league.

ReputationRep:
    But Gallas is one player in a team of soft tacklers. Fletcher, Carrick and Scholes are all dirty ****s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    But Gallas is one player in a team of soft tacklers. Fletcher, Carrick and Scholes are all dirty ****s.
    I've never noticed Carrick doing it tbf, but Fabregas does it a fair amount and didn't Eboue and RvP have reputations for these sort of things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Carrick has one red in his entire career (for kicking a ball away no less), Fletcher gives away very few fouls (check out the official stats for the season I posted here a few days ago) and Scholes... yeh, he can't tackle well and he commits himself so they're often going to be bad challenges.

ReputationRep:
    You do kick back already though
    Not anywhere near enough.

But as Reems says, we have made the 'right' steps towards it this season and we're doing better than last year. That's no coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    I think the 'us against them' mentality we've got at the club now, which was strengthened after the Ramsey incident, could make or break our season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I think the 'us against them' mentality we've got at the club now, which was strengthened after the Ramsey incident, could make or break our season.
    I question how many players actually believe that though (them against us), especially Fabregas who hasn't pulled any punches in recent interviews. Ramsey could well galvanise you though.

ReputationRep:
    Have United had a player get their leg snapped by a tackle in your lifetime, or better still, your living memory?
    Andy Cole broke two legs in the 96/97 season, or got two legs broken I should say.

ReputationRep:

Interesting picture IMO - was it Ramsey over committed in the challenge initially rather than Shawcross? He's further away than Shawcross from the ball, going quickly and it appears he has two feet off the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.