Let me get this right then.
    With regards to Arsenal I have heard people in here saying:
    -Hansen doesn't know his stuff
    -Dixon doesn't know his stuff
    -Jamie Redknapp doesn't know his stuff
    -Souness doesn't know his stuff
    -Andy Gray doesn't know his stuff
    With regards to Bendtner tonight people in here are disputing:
    -The player ratings sites already highlighted here (Sky Sports, ESPN, Goal!) don't know their stuff

But yet RobbieC, Panthalic, Michelin Man etc. are all treated like Gods and since I have been here have never been questioned.

****** disgrace.

Get a grip guys.
    Only yesterday you said Vieira had a 'fine' game, LOL so you're hardly a good judge.

Bendtner certainly wasn't great, average at best in fact but he made some good runs and performed the role of a striker and not a winger playing as a striker

ReputationRep:
    I'd be amazed if Hansen says flat out that it wasn't a penalty even though it clearly wasn't. I expect him to give a vague view of the incident

ReputationRep:
    Diaby and Song were immense, and that tackle by gallas to stop a certain goal...... Incredible! Rosicky really should have scored when he was through, and Bendtner too, but all in all a very good team performance. Also, hate Gerrard, the cheating prick.

ReputationRep:
    Watching MOTD, not a surprise to see Chelsea on first, but it looks quite a good game, so i forgive them. Also, Saha, yes please.

ReputationRep:
    Terry had a shocker by the looks of things, not surprised he's taking some time off now. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    You are kidding, right? you notoriously do this 24/7 to other rival threads and although I want to say something, I say nothing.

Front? Nope - It's called being OPEN, I just said what other rival fans are afraid to say but thinking, I wasn't rude at all & If I was feel free to highlight the part that hurt you and why, that being said - you've insulted my football knowledge, but do you see me upset? , nope!
    You wouldn't have the right Toby. You made a silly comment and I called you up on it.

Didn't say you hurt me, I know whose opinions to value with respect to football and all related matters. But I won't ignore little infractions on our night for celebration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    Let me get this right then.
    With regards to Arsenal I have heard people in here saying:
    -Hansen doesn't know his stuff
    -Dixon doesn't know his stuff
    -Jamie Redknapp doesn't know his stuff
    -Souness doesn't know his stuff
    -Andy Gray doesn't know his stuff
    With regards to Bendtner tonight people in here are disputing:
    -The player ratings sites already highlighted here (Sky Sports, ESPN, Goal!) don't know their stuff

But yet RobbieC, Panthalic, Michelin Man etc. are all treated like Gods and since I have been here have never been questioned.

****** disgrace.

Get a grip guys.

I'm glad you see me in such high esteem. Nothing to do with the fact I've been a season ticket holder since the 94/95 season and only this year have I not gone due to a job i've got for the year. I've still flown back to see them a couple of times though and will be doing so again. I've been to a fair few games. I think I calculated about 350ish but it could be more. I watch every single game. All I think about is football so yeah you could say I know a bit about arsenal

Hansen thought liverpool would win the league this year, and last year and they year before and the year before...

Dixon overcompensates for his Arsenal bias so comes across as negative

Don't even start me on Redknapp. That whole family is full of ****.

Souness clearly knows how to manage a team doesn't he. Everything he touches turns to gold!

Andy Gray used to be good but now he comes out as pompous and over-analyses everything

Cheer up lad.

ReputationRep:
    Yay...only 6 points down on Chel$ea, 5 points down on ManYoo, and 8 points ahead og the rest. Though Citeh have games in hand, its not looking too grim right now. Not as grim as it did on Sunday anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Only yesterday you said Vieira had a 'fine' game, LOL so you're hardly a good judge.
    The Sky Sports player ratings had him the second best player in the City shirt. So he did play very well.

ReputationRep:
    The Sky Sports player ratings had him the second best player in the City shirt. So he did play very well.
    Stop basing all your opinions on online ratings systems. I watched the match yesterday and I had it on again today as it was before the arsenal game. Apart from the assist he was average at best. Lost the ball many times. Majority of his passes went back. Doesn't seem as strong anymore.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I'm glad you see me in such high esteem. Nothing to do with the fact I've been a season ticket holder since the 94/95 season and only this year have I not gone due to a job i've got for the year. I've still flown back to see them a couple of times though and will be doing so again. I've been to a fair few games. I think I calculated about 350ish but it could be more. I watch every single game. All I think about is football so yeah you could say I know a bit about arsenal

Hansen thought liverpool would win the league this year, and last year and they year before and the year before...

Dixon overcompensates for his Arsenal bias so comes across as negative

Don't even start me on Redknapp. That whole family is full of ****.

Souness clearly knows how to manage a team doesn't he. Everything he touches turns to gold!

Andy Gray used to be good but now he comes out as pompous and over-analyses everything

Cheer up lad.
    You are spot on mate. You have been to lots and lots of games. Just out of interest though, what is your real name and how many appearences did you make as an Arsenal player? If as I suspect the answer is none then you can't begin to claim to have a better understanding than the above footballers.

ReputationRep:
    I was happy until I came here to hear about Bendtner being the new Bergkamp and Arsenal likely to win the doulbe now.
    Who on here said that Bendtner was the new Bergkamp?! :lolwut:

In other news, of course Chelsea and United are shown before Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    You are spot on mate. You have been to lots and lots of games. Just out of interest though, what is your real name and how many appearences did you make as an Arsenal player? If as I suspect the answer is none then you can't begin to claim to have a better understanding than the above footballers.
    Amaury Bischoff

ReputationRep:
    Joint 2nd and City were hopeless so that really doesn't say anything. His 'user rating' was the same as Bendtners

ReputationRep:
    Cracking header by Cuellar for Villa.

ReputationRep:
    Amaury Bischoff
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Feed the Bisch and he will score!

ReputationRep:
    Turned out to be a pretty good day for us. Almost forgot what it felt like to win. The first half was pathetic. Why the **** was Nasri taken off? He was our best performer at the time...I can only assume it’s an injury – but he was moving very freely? Has Wenger explained after the game?

That was one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen for a while. ****ing awful. Yes, Liverpool came for the draw, but the ref refused to allow the game to flow. Kept bringing play back...which might’ve been fine if he was actually calling the decisions correctly.

I think Song and Diaby have lost their mojo. After coming back from the ACoN, Song has Toure’d it...he’s no longer the intimidating figure in the team. Diaby didn’t do enough to bully the midfield either. Against Mascherano and Lucas, they should have the height advantage but they didn’t use it. On the plus side, Clichy did very well as did Eboue (conceding silly free-kicks aside). Gerrard and Kuyt were kept quiet although I got the feeling they didn’t try very hard to break forward – which contributed to the cagey start.

Cesc has had three poor games on the bounce now. I think he knows it too...he looks very frustrated – always pointing and yelling at teammates and WUMing opponents. I see that as a good thing though. I prefer a verbal ‘in your face’ captain rather than a true-pro like Gilberto being captain. He leads from the front and even if he doesn’t do enough when he’s on the ball, it’s important he makes his presence known.

Not happy about Arshavin. The thing he needs to realise is that if he’s going to cry about the fact that he’s being played as a striker...when he does get his chance to play in midfield, he needs to work hard and track back. Basically, he’s just a lazy **** that wants to be that flashy prick in the playground who tries to take everyone on and doesn’t bother to track back. The only time I saw him get back was when he tackled Carragher and even then he almost landed us in trouble by holding on to the ball too long. He’s too good to drop though. The trouble is, he knows he’s too good to be dropped too. His pass to put Rosicky through was excellent.

Happy about Chelski and Manyoo dropping points but, to be perfectly honest, this was exactly why we needed to beat Man Utd at home....because this was one of the games Chelski were potentially going to stumble; which should’ve allowed us to get within touching distance. Just imagine the difference of even a draw in one of those two games...they were both 6 pointers and we lost 12.

Still think we’ve left ourselves way too much to do. On paper, you’d fancy us to win a fair chunk of our remaining games but, as I said before, we’d need to not drop a single point from now...and while we have done that in the past, this team doesn’t have the balls to do that. Lets hope we can get a scored draw at Porto...we’ve got 6 days to prepare for it.

Always nice to win even when playing poorly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Turned out to be a pretty good day for us. Almost forgot what it felt like to win. The first half was pathetic. Why the **** was Nasri taken off? He was our best performer at the time...I can only assume it’s an injury – but he was moving very freely? Has Wenger explained after the game?

That was one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen for a while. ****ing awful. Yes, Liverpool came for the draw, but the ref refused to allow the game to flow. Kept bringing play back...which might’ve been fine if he was actually calling the decisions correctly.

I think Song and Diaby have lost their mojo. After coming back from the ACoN, Song has Toure’d it...he’s no longer the intimidating figure in the team. Diaby didn’t do enough to bully the midfield either. Against Mascherano and Lucas, they should have the height advantage but they didn’t use it. On the plus side, Clichy did very well as did Eboue (conceding silly free-kicks aside). Gerrard and Kuyt were kept quiet although I got the feeling they didn’t try very hard to break forward – which contributed to the cagey start.

Cesc has had three poor games on the bounce now. I think he knows it too...he looks very frustrated – always pointing and yelling at teammates and WUMing opponents. I see that as a good thing though. I prefer a verbal ‘in your face’ captain rather than a true-pro like Gilberto being captain. He leads from the front and even if he doesn’t do enough when he’s on the ball, it’s important he makes his presence known.

Not happy about Arshavin. The thing he needs to realise is that if he’s going to cry about the fact that he’s being played as a striker...when he does get his chance to play in midfield, he needs to work hard and track back. Basically, he’s just a lazy **** that wants to be that flashy prick in the playground who tries to take everyone on and doesn’t bother to track back. The only time I saw him get back was when he tackled Carragher and even then he almost landed us in trouble by holding on to the ball too long. He’s too good to drop though. The trouble is, he knows he’s too good to be dropped too. His pass to put Rosicky through was excellent.

Happy about Chelski and Manyoo dropping points but, to be perfectly honest, this was exactly why we needed to beat Man Utd at home....because this was one of the games Chelski were potentially going to stumble; which should’ve allowed us to get within touching distance. Just imagine the difference of even a draw in one of those two games...they were both 6 pointers and we lost 12.

Still think we’ve left ourselves way too much to do. On paper, you’d fancy us to win a fair chunk of our remaining games but, as I said before, we’d need to not drop a single point from now...and while we have done that in the past, this team doesn’t have the balls to do that. Lets hope we can get a scored draw at Porto...we’ve got 6 days to prepare for it.

Always nice to win even when playing poorly.
    Nasri had concussion apparently but was otherwised uninjured. I thought Arshavin played alright tonight. Some of his through balls were sublime. If the others had finished he would of been the hero for finding the impossible pass.

ReputationRep:
    Nasri had concussion apparently but was otherwised uninjured. I thought Arshavin played alright tonight. Some of his through balls were sublime. If the others had finished he would of been the hero for finding the impossible pass.
    Oh...surely Samir could've soldiered on? Anyway, good news that he's not injured.

Would've liked Arshavin to pull his weight in defence, that's all. He's always going to be a threat going forward. It's his choice - he can do all the attacking and not bother to track back if he wants to play as a striker. But he doesn't. So while he's in midfield, he must do what Rosicky/Nasri, Cesc, Diaby and Song do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.