Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I still think Michael Owen was ruined by Houllier for exactly the reasons you describe Rob. Whenever a less than sophisticated manager sees a fast player he often sees long balls in the net quicker, and that's all.

I can think of some people disagreeing with me on that, but I have been watching him since he was 14. He was *******ised by a brutal route one system which looked at his pace alone and ignored the quite precocious aggression he had to begin with.

Had he been at United when he was 18 we'd be looking at a healthy, very different player today imo.
    Where does your tenacity with words come from, Mr Poo sir?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Where does your tenacity with words come from, Mr Poo sir?
    Long nights spent alone with books instead of playing with girls, leading ineffably to a choice between either excessive bouts of masturbation, eloquence, or in my case, both. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Long nights spent alone with books instead of playing with girls, leading ineffably to a choice between either excessive bouts of masturbation, eloquence, or in my case, both. :facepalm2:
    girls are overrated tbh tbf .

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Fry but thinner sans buggery (debateable with this thread..)

ReputationRep:
    The Walcott bashing on Radio5live is silly. Scapegoating the little road runner.

ReputationRep:
    Girls may be overrated, but my wrist needs reconstructive surgery and my heart, alas, is very much alone. :embarrassed:

I like that V. There is a certain homo-erotic thread to this, erm, thread. I blame the WUMS tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The Walcott bashing on Radio5live is silly. Scapegoating the little road runner.
    Is Alan Green commentating?

If so it wouldn't surprise me. He is the anti-WUM. Queen of GEL anal. DVDA-GEL.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, Waddle, who's 'been watching his wingplay' - all 5 starts Chris? - clearly ain't a fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)

I believe he's got the potential to become a great player.
    LOL! That cheered me up.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these Egyptians in the Arsenal squad, someone fearless, driven and technical.

ReputationRep:
    Waddle was one heck of a player though. Then again, so was Alan Hansen, so I concede the point. :teehee:

Paul Parker was fairly handy too, and he wrote an article the other day which I dare not post in case I get warned for starting a riot.

ReputationRep:
    Is Alan Green commentating?

If so it wouldn't surprise me. He is the anti-WUM. Queen of GEL anal. DVDA-GEL.
    :rofl3:

Yeah, silly ******, it's all 'Walcott can't do anything, can't run, can't walk, can't change his own nappie, can't breath without a ventilator' :rolleyes:. Silly ******.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3:

Yeah, silly ******, it's all 'Walcott can't do anything, can't run, can't walk, can't change his own nappie, can't breath without a ventilator' :rolleyes:. Silly ******.
    The really funny thing is that's a startlingly accurate description of Green.

His face is the kind of thing you show young kids to stop them ******** on the furniture. "See this, son, NOW USE THE ******* TOILET YE WEE ****!"

ReputationRep:
    A world class goal... :indiff:

It bounced up into Crouch and as he spent 82 years shaping to shoot, the incidental collision with his shin sent the ball floundering into the bottom corner, without intent.

Townsend is a WUM.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Rooney is United's playmaker, not Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    LOL! That cheered me up.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these Egyptians in the Arsenal squad, someone fearless, driven and technical.
    Glad I could help

If there's something we lack at Arsenal it's not technique..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    A world class goal... :indiff:

It bounced up into Crouch and as he spent 82 years shaping to shoot, the incidental collision with his shin sent the ball floundering into the bottom corner, without intent.

Townsend is a WUM.
    It was the non-Townsend guy that made the world class comment, thus making me spit out the coke I was trying to drink.

ReputationRep:
    Waddle was one heck of a player though. Then again, so was Alan Hansen, so I concede the point. :teehee:

Paul Parker was fairly handy too, and he wrote an article the other day which I dare not post in case I get warned for starting a riot.
    I can't think of many ex-players who offer good insight. Martin Keown doesn't embarass himself on MotD2 the few times I've seen him - the look on his face when he was handed the V. Nistlerooy shirt was great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I'm pretty sure Rooney is United's playmaker, not Carrick.
    The reason why he's been so effective this season is because he has strictly been the centre-forward and not been the playmaker. Berbatov has been a playmaker when he's played in the hole (as a sort of trequartista). Carrick has done his usual playmaking from a deep-lying role as always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    I can't think of many ex-players who offer good insight. Martin Keown doesn't embarass himself on MotD2 the few times I've seen him - the look on his face when he was handed the V. Nistlerooy shirt was great.
    I'd agree with that.

I'm a big fan of Dion Dublin actually. :yes: I'd love to say David Platt too but for some reason he seems like the most boring man alive.

ReputationRep:
    Lee Dixon is normally quite reasonable and insightful. But he has his moments of madness though this may to offset suggestions that he's bias.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.