Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I'm pretty sure Rooney is United's playmaker, not Carrick.
    I'd say he's a touch more. This season:

Referee

Rooney Vidic Rooney Referee

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney

Rooney Rooney

Joking aside, for me he's the best player in the world and the moment, and would be carrying virtually any team. Personally I don't think it's been a particularly outstanding season as far as club football goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Lee Dixon is normally quite reasonable and insightful. But he has his moments of madness though this may to offset suggestions that he's bias.
    He's doing a series of blog-pieces for the BBC about England's defensive options in the lead up to SA.

I honestly cannot wait for each one.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the same keeper that was awesome in the Confedirations Cup?...

Butterfingersss :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Wright Phillips has scored a rebound, clearly we've found our right winger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'd say he's a touch more. This season:

Referee

Rooney Vidic Rooney Referee

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney

Rooney Rooney
    You missed Mr O. Goal off there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Is he still your second top scorer or has Berbatov pulled his finger out a bit?

ReputationRep:
    I know I made a joke about black armbands for Ramsey earlier, but who are they actually being worn for tonight? The Macclesfield manager?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Wright Phillips has scored a rebound, clearly we've found our right winger.
    Wright Phillips is a much better player than Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    Crouchy doesn't half do it for England. His record is simply brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that the reason we're winning is not because we're playing well. It's purely down to the strength in depth of the England squad.

ReputationRep:
    I know I made a joke about black armbands for Ramsey earlier, but who are they actually being worn for tonight? The Macclesfield manager?
    Yep, Keith Alexander passed away today.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Micheal Foot. Lot's of Plymouth Argyle players out there.

Yes it's for Alexander.

@ZizAli, I'd agree on current form, I'm just slightly bitter that Walcott is going to carry on getting written off aged 20. I've agreed with those that have said Walcott shouldn't have started tonight, would much rather have seen what Young or Milner could do.

ReputationRep:
    Knew I'd missed something. Edited.

Referee

Referee Referee Referee Referee

Referee Referee Referee Referee

Referee Rooney

ReputationRep:

@ZizAli, I'd agree on current form, I'm just slightly bitter that Walcott is going to carry on getting written off aged 20. I've agreed with those that have said Walcott shouldn't have started tonight, would much rather have seen what Young or Milner could do.
    I very much appreciate this honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't Walcott just keep it simple? He makes the same mistakes time and time again. Nothing annoys me more than when a player refuses to learn from his mistakes. Sven clearly ruined his development, but he isn't making life any easier for himself.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Bendtner scored tonight. That's 2 in 2, boy's going to be the next Ibrahimovic mark my words. Hopefully the form continues.
    As far as I'm aware all our players came through unscathed as well, touch wood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Why can't Walcott just keep it simple? He makes the same mistakes time and time again. Nothing annoys me more than when a player refuses to learn from his mistakes. Sven clearly ruined his development, but he isn't making life any easier for himself.
    I didn't think he was awful tonight. He should've had an assist to his name after a good run and a cutback which Lampard should've buried. He's trying to impress a bit too much though. I agree that he should keep it simple. It's the same sort of thing Diaby suffered from...it's easily fixable.

To be honest, I think the best thing for him is if he's not picked to go to SA. On the evidence of this season, he doesn't deserve to go anyway. If he doesn't, he can focus on staying fit and being fresh for the start of next season without the pressure of the media circus that'd follow him and the England team in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Bendtner scored tonight. That's 2 in 2, boy's going to be the next Ibrahimovic mark my words. Hopefully the form continues.
    As far as I'm aware all our players came through unscathed as well, touch wood.
    3 in 3, I think.

I'm not expecting much from Bendtner. He doesn't have the technical ability. He'll get one that sticks once in a while but usually it's bouncing off his shin. But he seems to be working hard and getting results so fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Bendtner scored tonight. That's 2 in 2, boy's going to be the next Ibrahimovic mark my words.
    Is that a compliment? Opinions are fairly split on Ibrahimovic to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Care to elaborate on this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.