Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    x
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Nah, Micheal Foot. Lot's of Plymouth Argyle players out there.

Yes it's for Alexander.

@ZizAli, I'd agree on current form, I'm just slightly bitter that Walcott is going to carry on getting written off aged 20. I've agreed with those that have said Walcott shouldn't have started tonight, would much rather have seen what Young or Milner could do.
    Don't encourage the remedial WUM FFS!! It only makes him worse. It's ok guys I know how to make him go away!

We all descended from proto apes. EVOLUTION IS FACT BUAJAJAJAJAJA

On a separate note Cesc only played 45 minutes for spain (no injury AFAIK). The dancing WUM played the full game for Ivory Coast, Nikki B played an hour as did Song-Billong and Tommy Ross & Sagna played the full 90 mins. Fingers crossed no bloody injuries!

ReputationRep:
    How can people compare Bendtner to Ibra, when Bendtner has no technical ability? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    :fuhrer: Where's my new blog-piece? Two days and no blog?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Why can't Walcott just keep it simple? He makes the same mistakes time and time again. Nothing annoys me more than when a player refuses to learn from his mistakes. Sven clearly ruined his development, but he isn't making life any easier for himself.
    Sometimes the best way out of a decidedly tricky situation is to pull off something more impressive than the "boring" things being asked of you. It's a natural tendency when someone has been through something like the Croatia game and not been adequately stabilised, or has not adequately responded to such stabilisation, that he is still developing and should expect rougher periods to come. The desire to impress becomes ever more desperate, until it eventually becomes pathological and ruins your concentration.

It may not be that serious with him yet, but it wouldn't surprise me, and is quite common for players of his type at that age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    :fuhrer: Where's my new blog-piece? Two days and no blog?!
    Sorry! I've been forced to work hard so haven't had time to skive during the day to write it. The cheek of them! Giving me money AND expecting me to do work. It's a disgrace! :rolleyes: Will do the international round up tomorrow though (arsenal orientated of course).

There's been precious little news save more GEL defence from the media and it wouldn't be so much a rant as an all out assault of Talk ***** radio and Stan Collymore possibly resulting in a lawsuit for defamation of character (even though it would all be true!).

ReputationRep:
    re: Bendtner as the next Ibra.

I was referencing his own claim that by 2012 he will the world's premier striker and better than Ibrahimovic.

(Original post by Bendtner)
    “In about three years, I will be better than Zlatan,”
    Source.

I'd forgotten his tap in against the Mackems, true Overmars.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott was dire, why he gets a game for England is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Sorry! I've been forced to work hard so haven't had time to skive during the day to write it. The cheek of them! Giving me money AND expecting me to do work. It's a disgrace! :rolleyes: Will do the international round up tomorrow though (arsenal orientated of course).

There's been precious little news save more GEL defence from the media and it wouldn't be so much a rant as an all out assault of Talk ***** radio and Stan Collymore possibly resulting in a lawsuit for defamation of character (even though it would all be true!).
    Fair enough, but don't let it happen again.

Thanks to your lack of a blog-piece I actually had to read something vaguely related to my course. :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Crouchy doesn't half do it for England. His record is simply brilliant.
    This relates to Arsenal, I see it all so clearly.

Get Peter Launch out of my thread ffs.

ReputationRep:
    re: Bendtner as the next Ibra.

I was referencing his own claim that by 2012 he will the world's premier striker and better than Ibrahimovic.

Source.

I'd forgotten his tap in against the Mackems, true Overmars.
    2012 is 2 years from now. Rooney's only 25, Torres is only 26 and even guys that will be in their early 30's like Villa and Ibrahimovic will still be better than Bendtner.

ReputationRep:
    Overmars.
    I still can't quite get over him being called "dirty" yesterday. I saw him make about three tackles in his entire time at Arsenal, and two were in that game against Everton where he raped the title out of them.

If ever there was a winger that avoided confrontation more than him I would like to see it. Absurd suggestion.

And Stu, thank you for that rep dude. Very gracious.

ReputationRep:
    Great piece by Oliver Kay where he responds to comments (and hate mail) over his last column on Ramsey: http://timesonline.typepad.com/thega...-replies-.html

Favourite bit:

Long throws and broken legs, that's what Stoke are all about. Imagine them representing England on a European stage. Zack Moore

OK: That’s right, Zack. You can hardly move at the Britannia Stadium for broken limbs. Don’t they eat people too? Next.

ReputationRep:
    So Gooners upset about this incident are sending "hate mail"?

I love the way we are actually being made to look somehow like the villains in all this. More spin on this than a drunk idiot riding a turntable.

You know, there is debate, then there is WUMming, then there is what I can only call rather sinister, systematic posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    So Gooners upset about this incident are sending "hate mail"?
    "comments (and hate mail)"

(Original post by "Oliver Kay (from the article))
    Thanks again for your replies – complimentary, critical or downright abusive.
    Please read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Call him a prick and win some warning points.
    I've never had any for calling people a prick, prunt did the trick though. Apparently made-up words without meaning are more insulting than actual, y'know, insults, but that's OK.

In other news, I absolutely love that Wenger is called a hypocrite because the team that he inherited used to have a couple of players that would kick people. So basically, what they are saying that Wenger has weaned the physical, thuggish side out of Arsenal, but is a hypocrite for wanting the same in other teams. It's glorious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    2012 is 2 years from now. Rooney's only 25, Torres is only 26 and even guys that will be in their early 30's like Villa and Ibrahimovic will still be better than Bendtner.
    The quote was from a year ago. I was referencing him not endorsing him. Next time I will post any similar comments with a diagram of my tongue in my own cheek.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ignorant the tactics involved in what you're up to TM, and subsequently am not impressed by qualifiers.

Seriously, I think you should go on to your own soc and leave this issue alone. With your "jokes" and an admittance of looking for a reaction you've already proved that your remarks are somewhat worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    I've never had any for calling people a prick, prunt did the trick though. Apparently made-up words without meaning are more insulting than actual, y'know, insults, but that's OK.

In other news, I absolutely love that Wenger is called a hypocrite because the team that he inherited used to have a couple of players that would kick people. So basically, what they are saying that Wenger has weaned the physical, thuggish side out of Arsenal, but is a hypocrite for wanting the same in other teams. It's glorious.
    Why should other teams conform to Wenger's view on what way football should be played?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)

You're so right, but I am almost without the strength to keep fighting it. Christ knows how our players and manager can deal with this ****.

I am enraged by the ignorance to the whole ridiculous situation and the need for the serious alterations. They should be commended, especially if they can manipulate their rage into some amazing performances. I am confident they'll do just that and bring the league home.

It will be sweeter with all the adversity of this season, and those that went before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Great piece by Oliver Kay where he responds to comments (and hate mail) over his last column on Ramsey: http://timesonline.typepad.com/thega...-replies-.html

Favourite bit:
    I seriously lol'd at that. I thought that he was agreeing with all the comments then I realised that "OK" are his initials

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.