Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Why should other teams conform to Wenger's view on what way football should be played?
    Wenger's opinion seems eminently more cultured and intelligent than that of a mess like Pulis, Brown or Allardyce. Though it's not intended as a fundamental argument in favour of his opinion, it's a start: Trust the clever, cultured guy, or the pie eating moron who clearly has to be "weaned" from ******* his sister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'm not ignorant the tactics involved in what you're up to TM, and subsequently am not impressed by qualifiers.
    Actually you're being completely paranoid. Read the piece and see what you think of it, especially since he responds to a variety of viewpoints which many in this thread share.

He in is own words called the respones he received "complimentary, critical or downright abusive". "Comments (or hate mail)" is fair paraphrasing of that.

ReputationRep:
    Paranoid when you've already admitted you're looking for a reaction? Okaaaaaaaaaay.

You can't be well to wum over something like this.

ReputationRep:
    Why should other teams conform to Wenger's view on what way football should be played?
    I didn't say they should. I'm saying that calling Wenger a hypocrite for wanting everyone else to play to exactly the same rules as he does is mind-numbingly stupid.

Why do people keep arguing against points I'm not making? It's very odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Paranoid when you've already admitted you're looking for a reaction? Okaaaaaaaaaay.

You can't be well to wum over something like this.
    Where did I admit I was looking for a reaction? You've got me confused with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    I didn't say they should. I'm saying that calling Wenger a hypocrite for wanting everyone else to play to exactly the same rules as he does is mind-numbingly stupid.

Why do people keep arguing against points I'm not making? It's very odd.
    It was implied by your hypocrite jibe.

Yes yes, Wenger is superior to everyone. FML.

Serious question here, who should play the greater part in how the game is shaped, Wenger or Fergie? With reasons. [Not just aimed at you, Panth]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Where did I admit I was looking for a reaction? You've got me confused with someone else.
    Don't reply to me again. I'm putting you on block.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, blocking people and pretending they don't exist is the easier, more convenient option.

ReputationRep:

Yes yes, Wenger is superior to everyone. FML.
    What?

How was it implied by the 'hypocrite jibe'?

ReputationRep:
    This soc has been one of the most popular threads for about the last two weeks. It's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    What?

How was it implied by the 'hypocrite jibe'?
    If you're referring to my superior comment that wasn't aim at Panth, should've made that clearer.

ReputationRep:
    It really wasn't, but fair enough.

Serious question here, who should play the greater part in how the game is shaped, Wenger or Fergie? With reasons. [Not just aimed at you, Panth]
    Neither, no manager, pundit, journalist, fans, FIFA president or reincarnation of Jesus has a divine right to decide what is 'right' for football. The validity of an idea should be based entirely on it's own merits, irrespective of source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    It really wasn't, but fair enough.

Neither, no manager, pundit, journalist, fans, FIFA president or reincarnation of Jesus has a divine right to decide what is 'right' for football. The validity of an idea should be based entirely on it's own merits, irrespective of source.
    Fair enough.

Try telling Blatter that, but fair point all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    This soc has been one of the most popular threads for about the last two weeks. It's brilliant.
    Recently though it's been full of pointless debating about Ramsey. People! he was injured because Stoke is scum. FULLSTOP. Now please lets get back to the WumFest® :holmes:

edit: geoff_yin is king so go rep him if you get eny left for the today:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Who deleted my post? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent)
    Who deleted my post? :s
    I did, only because some members were using it as a quick way to insult TMDaines. There was nothing wrong with your post, don't worry.

--------------

We've been very very lenient with warnings wrt to this thread (and the only reason that is is because the football forum has a fine line between banter and trolling/flaming), but it is getting silly now. If anyone has any problems with any members, you either report bad posts, put them on block, or PM me or Phalanges or a Supermod. You don't resort to name calling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    He made some joke about Ramsey not having a leg to stand on after the incident on Saturday
    Actually I was just using the analogy someone else had just used, but anyway...

(Original post by JK_91)
    ...continually tried to defend Shawcross' challenge without accepting that those at our club might be sensitive to the issue...
    Yeah man, not agreeing with everyone's point of view is definitely a character flaw.

(Original post by JK_91)
    he said something along the lines of football would be boring without people getting broken legs
    Something along those lines but not quite, huh?

You only missed out the connection that I made with the physical side of football being part of the game, a part of the game football is better for I might add, and with that will come injuries, which may sometimes be serious, from contact between two players (just like in all the other football variations around the world).

(Original post by JK_91)
    ...earlier made some jibe about how the Welsh squad should be wearing black armbands and having a minute's silence for Rambo.
    No room for Schadenfreude in this thread?

I just thought I'd point both these suggestions were serious suggestions made by Arsenal fans on another forum someone linked here earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Recently though it's been full of pointless debating about Ramsey. People! he was injured because Stoke is scum. FULLSTOP. Now please lets get back to the WumFest® :holmes:

lol tyvm! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)

Ramsey is a really important discussion point. Really important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    lol tyvm! :p:
    FYI, I'm not repping the likes of you. :yes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.