Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think us fans just need to he as professional as the players now. It's clear we're never going to get any kind of logic out of anyone else so let's just focus on winning that god damn ******* title and put the Stoke game behind us.

ReputationRep:
    Reporting the posts of TMDaines alone (without all the other cretins), would require near full time commitment along with some kind of intricate filing system. I am not sure I have the resources for it... and I am unconvinced the reports would be acknowledged in context.

It is rather depressing, as I felt we had just managed to get moderators who would be able to take posts in football in context.

Nevermind eh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    FYI, I'm not repping the likes of you. :yes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:
    :hand: :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Reporting the posts of TMDaines alone (without all the other cretins), would require near full time commitment along with some kind of intricate filing system. I am not sure I have the resources for it... and I am unconvinced the reports would be acknowledged in context.

It is rather depressing, as I felt we had just managed to get moderators who would be able to take posts in football in context.

Nevermind eh...
    Calling someone a prick (among other things in that post) or telling them to **** off is worthy or a warning in every context I've seen in this thread over the past few days. Even if you are being trolled, you either: ignore them or report them, or reply to the parts which have some content worth replying to. By flaming, you've broken the rules just as much as they have. Like I said, we've been lenient, I gave 3 day warnings to those that were trolled and told members to **** off, because I knew they'd been trolled.

Thankfully for you, there have been some extremely helpful members who do report bad posts, so that takes the burden off your shoulders so you don't have to follow his every post - just the ones that you come across. It's a lot quicker to report a post and just write "troll" or "abusive" than it is to write a reply to them. Every single report is read by one of the sports moderators, and is dealt with if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :hand: :gah:
    FYI, In2Deep only suggested to rep you, but didn't specify that it be pos or neg.

And midnight has just rolled around, luckily for you? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    I think us fans just need to he as professional as the players now. It's clear we're never going to get any kind of logic out of anyone else so let's just focus on winning that god damn ******* title and put the Stoke game behind us.
    Remind me to rep you for that tomorrow. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    FYI, In2Deep only suggested to rep you, but didn't specify that it be pos or neg.

And midnight has just rolled around, luckily for you? :hmmm:
    I'll know who to reciprocate if I do receive some anonymous neg right about now then! :woo:

Btw, 6 players in your team not playing this week in FF. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I came very very close, to the point where I had my finger on the button, to negging you then just to see if you'd neg Kev, I'm ashamed.
    ad infinitum.

Geoff, wrt FF, that's what you think. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Calling someone a prick (among other things in that post) or telling them to **** off is worthy or a warning in every context I've seen in this thread over the past few days. Even if you are being trolled, you either: ignore them or report them, or reply to the parts which have some content worth replying to. By flaming, you've broken the rules just as much as they have. Like I said, we've been lenient, I gave 3 day warnings to those that were trolled and told members to **** off, because I knew they'd been trolled.

Thankfully for you, there have been some extremely helpful members who do report bad posts, so that takes the burden off your shoulders so you don't have to follow his every post - just the ones that you come across. It's a lot quicker to report a post and just write "troll" or "abusive" than it is to write a reply to them. Every single report is read by one of the sports moderators, and is dealt with if necessary.
    Of course if he had been slapped down initially, we'd not have felt the need to become enraged.

As for your suggestion, it is noted and I will be engaging in a trial run of reporting the Trolls, and hope to see results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I came very very close, to the point where I had my finger on the button, to negging you then just to see if you'd neg Kev, I'm ashamed.
    :gasp:

How do you sleep at night?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You were making a joke about a guy who just had his leg broken, don't deny it cause that just shows you up as even more of a coward.
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I won't bother to find the quote but you didn't equate it to the physical side, equated it to boxing and other sports, you used the term violence instead of physicality and you plainly said that the game wouldn't be as good without broken bones before you were shot down and started to back track.
    Right I'll leave it after this but both of these are false. Go back and check if you wish, you'll see that you're wrong even though you won't allow yourself to admit it anyway.

For the first someone made a comment that "I haven't got a leg to stand on or something" to start the analogy. For the second you're so far off the mark, black may as well be white. I said that injuries in contact sports like football and rugby are simply inevitable due to the physical nature of the game, which the sports are all the better for, and that you wouldn't complain about people getting hurt in combat sports, yet people struggle to realise that players are simply going to injure one another due to the nature of football (or any team based invasion sport with contact), whether they intend to or not. I also never mentioned "violence" or any synonym of that - that's a complete fabrication.

ReputationRep:
    :gasp:

How do you sleep at night?! :p:
    He doesn't sleep, he spends his evenings peering out of a telescope looking for sightings of Hu Poo, much to Natty's disdain.

Also, how do people know my name?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't sleep, he spends his evenings peering out of a telescope looking for sightings of Hu Poo, much to Natty's disdain.

Also, how do people know my name?! :confused:
    I really wouldn't be surprised if that's true tbh.

Why wouldn't people know your name? It's like me asking how people know what my name is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    We live in a cynical, cynical world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Why would I need a telescope, he's right next to me. :sexface:

In other news I have found the perfect chat roulette wum.
    Do tell :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Why would I need a telescope, he's right next to me. :sexface:

In other news I have found the perfect chat roulette wum.
    Wishful thinking, I reckon. :gah:

I really wouldn't be surprised if that's true tbh.

Why wouldn't people know your name? It's like me asking how people know what my name is!
    It most likely is, esp considering his deluded thinking as quoted here, above you. I do fear for JK now and then, he's obviously not taking his pills.

I know, I was joking.... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I'm deeply offended Kev, :getmecoat:.
    Don't you like it deep? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You love that picture too much dude...

ReputationRep:
    You love that picture too much dude...
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time anything Arsenal related was discussed in this football discussion forum?

:fuhrer:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.