Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Haha cheers!

WTF? There's a place called WUM?!?! ZOMGbubbles! I think we need to go a pilgrimage there!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, fixed now...
    Nice piece, again. I especially liked the bit about Theo's brittleness. As for Campbell, a good shout but not for Capello me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Nice piece, again. I especially liked the bit about Theo's brittleness. As for Campbell, a good shout but not for Capello me thinks.
    :yy:

Yeah I was been speculative. It's unlikely but in the event of a couple of injuries he should definitely be considered.

Walcott is like a combination of Darren Anderton, Van Persie and Rosicky rolled into one. I've never known any player to have such a combination of injuries. He's pretty much had the entire collection!

ReputationRep:
    Since Arshavin had a run-out yesterday for Muzza Rusha, I'm assuming he's fine for Burnley. We knew that Diaby is likely to be back.

Only player we've lost through injury in yesterday's internationals is Vela (who also scored). But he wouldn't have played anyway.

No idea if Gallas is back. Either way, I'd be tempted to go for Silvestre and Vermaelen at the back, and save Sol for Porto.

We should (but won't) line-up like this:

-------------Almunia--------------

Eboue--Silvestre--Vermaelen--Clichy

----Cesc----Diaby----Nasri-------

Arshavin-----Bendtner-------Rosicky

...put the game beyond doubt by half-time, and save energy for the Porto game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Since Arshavin had a run-out yesterday for Muzza Rusha, I'm assuming he's fine for Burnley. We knew that Diaby is likely to be back.

Only player we've lost through injury in yesterday's internationals is Vela (who also scored). But he wouldn't have played anyway.

No idea if Gallas is back. Either way, I'd be tempted to go for Silvestre and Vermaelen at the back, and save Sol for Porto.

We should (but won't) line-up like this:

-------------Almunia--------------

Eboue--Silvestre--Vermaelen--Clichy

----Cesc----Diaby----Nasri-------

Arshavin-----Bendtner-------Rosicky

...put the game beyond doubt by half-time, and save energy for the Porto game.
    Agreed but Arshavin left, Nasri right and Rosicky in the middle :yy:

Diaby will probably only be on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Nasri played as a CM against Roma last season and did the job very well. It was, probably, also Denilson's best performance of the season -- showing he benefits from playing alongside a more dynamic player. Rosicky's main asset is that he never makes the wrong choice - that's what experience gets you...and that's why you want him in attack. Nasri has a much better engine and he has a nasty, petulant side to him which makes him ideal for a midfield role. Arshavin on the left seems like a better idea, I agree.

I'm pretty sure Diaby will start. Realistically, it'll be a Cesc---Denilson---Diaby midfield, although I'd like to see Eastmond in instead of Denilson.

ReputationRep:
    For his next trick Eboue will fly with nothing but his arms:

ReputationRep:
    For his next trick Eboue will fly with nothing but his arms:

I liked the newest blog, definitely the best up to now :yep:

How tough have you found it writing new ones on a consistent basis?

ReputationRep:
    http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/
    Is the linked video real??? Carlos Vela actually beats someone which is surprising but then manages to shrug someone off the ball and then keep composure to finish! Seriously he never does that!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2865/...lips-shows-why
    Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell are you reading goal.com? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUWERTY)
    Is the linked video real??? Carlos Vela actually beats someone which is surprising but then manages to shrug someone off the ball and then keep composure to finish! Seriously he never does that!
    Tbf you can see the NZ defender throw himself to the floor like he's been shot when Vela touches him...but that's the kind of confidence boost Carlos needs.

ReputationRep:
    I do miss the days when Vela used to lob keepers just for fun.. And now he's injured again, quel surpris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Why the hell are you reading goal.com? :facepalm:
    Because if you ignore the outrageous news stories and read the columns they've actually got very good writers - better than most, certainly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Because if you ignore the outrageous news stories and read the columns they've actually got very good writers - better than most, certainly.
    I tend to read it from time to time, but they often recycle the same old rubbish as far as I can tell. It's a site I might look at myself and once in a while think 'hmm, maybe', but certainly not one I would personally use as a source for my opinions to be matched to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Reporting the posts of TMDaines alone (without all the other cretins), would require near full time commitment along with some kind of intricate filing system. I am not sure I have the resources for it... and I am unconvinced the reports would be acknowledged in context.

It is rather depressing, as I felt we had just managed to get moderators who would be able to take posts in football in context.

Nevermind eh...
    If it's a full time job for you to simply report them, imagine what's it's like to deal with a whole forum if nobody bothers. There's only three of us, after all...

ReputationRep:
    While I hate mods in general, cut Stu and Planasdwhatever some slack. They seem to be good guys.

That said, I probably won't be reporting posts or starting threads in AAM. The regulars in the Arse soc are bright enough to out-WUM the WUMs.

(Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'd say he's a touch more. This season:

Referee

Rooney Vidic Rooney Referee

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney

Rooney Rooney

Joking aside, for me he's the best player in the world and the moment, and would be carrying virtually any team. Personally I don't think it's been a particularly outstanding season as far as club football goes.
    You left out Own Goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    You left out Own Goal.
    A bit late to the party. Tut tut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    If it's a full time job for you to simply report them, imagine what's it's like to deal with a whole forum if nobody bothers. There's only two of us, after all...
    Two? I thought there were three......

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.