Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Didn't Jamie Redknapp call Xavi Alonso, Fernando Alonso, once? :laugh:

Point proven, I think :yep:
    Didn't you call Xabi Alonso, Xavi Alonso once? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Not going to bother reading through the last 14 pages that I've missed but needless to say I'm sure we're all a very very very happy bunch of gooners tonight. I think it was Geoff that said if we are six points off the lead at the end of that spell then we have a very good chance in the league, well, we are and really think we do. Chelsea are abysmal away from home and Utd, reliant on Rooney can easily slip up, with us having the easy run in I have so much faith we'll win the league now.

Also, :rofl: @ Hansen we're still out of the league, what an utter joke.
    Probably was me, but I can't remember.. :sigh:

I think we still have a good chance, but we are certainly not in the best of positions. Six points from the big four is not a good return, and we are still hoping for two teams to slip up with us not slipping up at all. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    He is a silly little thing, Hansen.

So embarrassing, almost as bad as Phil Thompson.

No analysis whatsoever of our chances at getting back in it.

Nevermind, we'll stay elusive and a well kept secret for our title chances :teeth:

His silence was embarrassing enough, if he's going to be completely biased toward Liverpool he has to contribute when they lose.

The way he had a dig at Gary at his suggestion that Arsenal may still have at least a small chance was just pathetic. He obviously knew he had nothing to moan about what happened in the game

ReputationRep:
    Hansen tipped Liverpool for the title. I think that sums him up perfectly tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished match of the day. Beautiful play today I must say. Sad performance from Chelsea and United though. I really wished for Arshavin to penetrate some footballs in the goal, as to remind Liverpool of their constant nightmares about this beast.

ReputationRep:
    He's cracked worse than Benitez.

"We knew it was a penalty"

Well as long as you knew Rafa.

You're just a fat Spanish waiter... a fat Spanish waiiiiiiter.

Wonder where farhan is exface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Just finished match of the day. Beautiful play today I must say. Sad performance from Chelsea and United though. I really wished for Arshavin to penetrate some footballs in the goal, as to remind Liverpool of their constant nightmares about this beast.
    So, 70mins with ten men, away at Villa and getting a point is a 'sad' performance? GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    So, 70mins with ten men, away at Villa and getting a point is a 'sad' performance? GTFO.
    It's Villa, not Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    We need to win at least nine of the remaining dozen, absolute minimum, and in reality probably ten to give us a sound mathematical shot from this perspective. Anything above that and I'd be extremely confident.

It's a very tough call, but that run-in is frankly begging for a kicking if we are serious about this kind of talk.

ReputationRep:
    It's Villa, not Barcelona.
    I bet you didn't spout this when Arsenal got the same result a few weeks ago.....

But well done for knowing that Villa and Barca are seperate teams, kudos to you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah to be fair united looked more likely to win on those highlights too.. Friedel was a bit of a ledge. But chel$ki really didn't turn up. Why couldn't they have played like that against us..

ReputationRep:
    I bet you didn't spout this when Arsenal got the same result a few weeks ago.....

But well done for knowing that Villa and Barca are seperate teams, kudos to you.
    Look, theres no need to feel sad. Theres nothing wrong with completely being rampaged by a minor team, it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    He's cracked worse than Benitez.

"We knew it was a penalty"

Well as long as you knew Rafa.

You're just a fat Spanish waiter... a fat Spanish waiiiiiiter.
    Even more comedy than usual on MOTD

ReputationRep:
    Look, theres no need to feel sad. Theres nothing wrong with completely being rampaged by a minor team, it happens.
    Someone didn't actually watch any of the match.

Heres looking at you, kid.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner and Rosicky dissapointed me today though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    Yeah to be fair united looked more likely to win on those highlights too.. Friedel was a bit of a ledge. But chel$ki really didn't turn up. Why couldn't they have played like that against us..
    I think the question you should be asking is - why didn't we play like Everton?

ReputationRep:
    Someone didn't actually watch any of the match.

Heres looking at you, kid.
    Then perhaps I'm blind. I hope you sleep well at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I think the difference is our fixture lists, all of our games are very winnable, Spurs, Citeh and Stoke the most likely slip ups, I'm not going to say we're going to win every game, because we won't (probably :ninja:) but Chelsea and Utd have a lot more games where they might drop points than we do. A Rooney injury and Utd are screwed and if Chelsea continue with the current away form we can easily can up and pass both of them.
    We also have Birmingham away, which just has "doom" written all over it from two years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Has to be one of the few times an Arsenal goal isn't selected for Goal of the Month.

Yes, I am bitter.

ReputationRep:
    Then perhaps I'm blind. I hope you sleep well at night.
    Perhaps you're an idiot, tbph. Another Arsenal fan said we [Utd] looked the likeliest to get something out of the game.

I sleep very well at night, thanks for your concern, though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.