Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    Ramsey died after that tackle?
    You aren't the only one thinking that.

I could have sworn the black armbands were for Ramsey with the way people are bleating on.

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    How come there's so much more fuss over the Ramsey incident than there was over the Eduardo incident? I swear we didn't make a huge banner for Eddie when he got broken.

Is it because Ramsey is British or young?
    It's because the Arsenal fans, as a collective group, are xenophobic. Just like the British media apparently is to Wenger and Arsenal all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    You aren't the only one thinking that.

I could have sworn the black armbands were for Ramsey with the way people are bleating on.
    I really don't think that's true when you look at how many foreigners we have in our team...

EDIT: I'm quoting this post because I just saw your "xenophobic Arsenal fans" post that you deleted...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Yawn.
    You see, this is what people don't like about you Tommy. I often joke around a bit, and if my jokes don't hit home, fair enough. You however half the time would rather see us top our ******* selves, and imo you cannot in any way, shape or form take a joke. You take everything way too seriously, and if I can say that, it's bad dude.

I have failed to see at any point an analysis of yours which is anything other than staggeringly depressing or seemingly present at the desire of wanting to piss everyone off. Now, again, I'm no fan of wanting to be the same of everyone else for the sake of it. The operative term of course is for the sake of it. I actually think on occasion you are quite right, and have said so when I believe such. On every occasion though I still think you talk in a manner which is less than agreeable to begin with.

I don't care about being wrong, right, or so in the middle as to look a right wuss. There are some Gooners dude who seemingly however would rather be one of those above options than seeing their club win, and it's your depressive ilk which I really have no particular mandate to either enjoy or endorse. So yawn all you like, and come back when you have something to say which demonstrates you can take yourself less seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think that's true when you look at how many foreigners we have in our team...

EDIT: I'm quoting this post because I just saw your "xenophobic Arsenal fans" post that you deleted...
    Apparently the British media is incredibly xenophobic though, especially to Arsenal players and Wenger. Just ask HubertPoo and Michelin Man.

ReputationRep:
    How come there's so much more fuss over the Ramsey incident than there was over the Eduardo incident? I swear we didn't make a huge banner for Eddie when he got broken. :hmmmm2:

Is it because Ramsey is British or young? :curious:
    I certainly made an almighty fuss over the sickening way Eduardo was snapped, as I do for Ramsey and will for the next Arsenal player who is lost to some terrible 'accident'.

If you ask me, not enough people - certainly decision-makers - are discussing the issue. Just look at Danny Fox getting away with a two foot wild lunge today... not even a yellow. Disgusting. He should be sledge-hammered into a wheelchair for his reckless behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I certainly made an almighty fuss over the sickening way Eduardo was snapped, as I do for Ramsey and will for the next Arsenal player who is lost to some terrible 'accident'.

If you ask me, not enough people - certainly decision-makers - are discussing the issue. Just look at Danny Fox getting away with a two foot wild lunge today... not even a yellow. Disgusting. He should be sledge-hammered into a wheelchair for his reckless behaviour.
    I'm not saying that people didn't make a big fuss over Eduardo. But Ramsey it seems to have had more of an impact on everyone. Our first team certainly did not wear "Get well soon Eddie" t-shirts on the pitch just before the next match following his incident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Three months.
    Is this how long he's on ignore? I feel like all Arse soc members should adopt a similar approach.

It's tragic that this despicable and base level trolling is allowed to continue. I am enraged by the lack of moderation... Just poor.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that people didn't make a big fuss over Eduardo. But Ramsey it seems to have had more of an impact on everyone. Our first team certainly did not wear "Get well soon Eddie" t-shirts on the pitch just before the next match following his incident.
    I think it's just because we've now suffered these horrific injuries quite a few times, and especially after the Eduardo incident it looks like we're more prepared and have reacted a lot better. The banners and t-shirts have been a good show of support but most importantly the way the team has won both games. I'm sure whichever of our players was to be brutalised next would've got the same reaction and it will be the same for the next player that is recklessly broken seeing as nothing has been done yet again.

ReputationRep:
    I was physically stunned by Foy's failure to stop the shirt-pulling, cynical tripping and then the ridiculous absurdity that was Danny Fox's attempt at a 'tackle'. It was a joke. I do not remember a yellow card being shown and it disgusts me to my core...

ReputationRep:
    Burnley's attempts at committing cynical tackles and trying to hold up play were infuriating. At least they got a few yellows to show for it.

Alumina still looked very indecisive when we were defending corners. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)

Onto the performances:

Vermaelen - He did an excellent job at controlling the defence today. He is a tower of a man when he leaps, and I do not recall him losing a single header today. Added to that, his passing is top class, as is his composure. The way he can turn a forward and jog away with the ball is a sight to behold, and gives the appearance of having played 10 years as an Arsenal player... I hope for another 10 years of such quality at the Grove.

Rosicky - Like Nasri he really puts in a shift, and his commitment as I anecdoted above was simply immense. I really love him for his ability to play in any role from the midfield up and the terrifying nature of his sort of girlish, hand-waving sprint... but joking aside the man has been a huge reason for our success since his return, and he is always totally up for it. With every time I see him play, I can actually see that he wants to make up for all that lost time, all those stolen hours. To the people that joke about his injury prone nature and chortle at Arsene offering him a new contract, you can piss off. That man is a fantastic footballer, and looks even better than when he first arrived here. I am so glad he's one of ours, and he was faultless today.
    I really like both Rosicky and Vermaelen.
    In my opinion Vermaelen's the one constantly strong defence player within the team. Others should learn from him. His passing of the ball is particularly accurate and it rarely ever is 'given away' (unlike in the Forest game I went to watch with my housemate today :o: )

Since being back, I believe Rosicky gives his all in matches, whereas some other players get a bit lazy. I really like the Czech.
    Him, Cesc and Nasri playing together can be amazing football to watch.

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky and Fabregas are the only world-class players we have. If you disagree, you're a ****in' retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Rosicky and Fabregas are the only world-class players we have. If you disagree, you're a ****in' retard.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin needs to pull his finger out his arse. He could be so perfect :moon:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    I really like both Rosicky and Vermaelen.
    In my opinion Vermaelen's the one constantly strong defence player within the team. Others should learn from him. His passing of the ball is particularly accurate and it rarely ever is 'given away' (unlike in the Forest game I went to watch with my housemate today :o: )
    Yup - 43 accurate passes (and 0 inaccurate) today according to chalkboard from Vermaelen. Impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Actually that's lazy analysis, he didn't seem to do much, kind of just melted into the background of passers. I don't know if he did make any vital passes. The disadvantage of watching streamed football :nn:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Actually that's lazy analysis, he didn't seem to do much, kind of just melted into the background of passers. I don't know if he did make any vital passes. The disadvantage of watching streamed football :nn:.
    Also, surely a defender should have accurate passing anyway? I'd bet Song has an amazing pass completed record but very few would be considered key. I had an awesome stream for the Arsenal game and then couldn't get a decent one for Utd's. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Also, surely a defender should have accurate passing anyway? I'd bet Song has an amazing pass completed record but very few would be considered key. I had an awesome stream for the Arsenal game and then couldn't get a decent one for Utd's. :sigh:
    I was talking about Arshavin but whatevs. It's far too late and my lids are drooping.

Anatomy can go **** itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Nah Song does make quite a few errors when passing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    You don't rate RVP and Song?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.