Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actually I'd add Van Persie too but he's always injured.

I'm telling you...Rosicky -- ****in' world class. Never makes a bad decision. His outside-of-the-boot 30 yard ball to play Bendtner through on goal was Bergkamp-esque. Brilliant, he is. You know you can count him him to be great at everything he does, and that, for me, is why he's world-class.

Cesc, by scoring today, has become just as good a goalscorer as Pires in his prime. And he has 9 league matches left. The guy is genius, no doubt about it.

Arshavin could reach those heights if he could be bothered. It's upto Arsene to motivate him.

ReputationRep:
    What's with the term 'world-class' being thrown out like confetti? :flute:

Fabregas is probably your only world-class player. A couple of the others are very good players.

ReputationRep:
    Which defenders are world class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)

Fabregas is probably your only world-class player. A couple of the others are very good players.
    Rooney and Vidic for United?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You don't rate RVP and Song?
    Song isn't world class, LOL.

Fabregas, yes. RVP, possibly. No one else from Arsenal, although the next closest would be Gallas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    What's with such a ****in' retarded comment?

ReputationRep:
    Gallas, you having a laugh? Vermaelen is far closer to world-class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Gallas, you having a laugh? Vermaelen is far closer to world-class.
    Verm's (Ajax fans didn't seem to rate him that highly) had one good season... that doesn't make him closer to Gallas to world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Rooney and Vidic for United?
    I'd say Rooney (on current form) and Evra (comfortably world-class over the last 2-3 seasons). That's it.

Ferdinand was world-class but I don't think he is anymore. Vidic was never world-class.

ReputationRep:
    Gallas is scared of heading a ball. Lets buy another Vermaelen, please. No more ******s in defence and we might actually stand a decent chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Rosicky and Fabregas are the only world-class players we have. If you disagree, you're a ****in' retard.
    If you were drawing up a World XI you'd give serious consideration to Rosicky? That's kind of the definition of world class: in the class that is good enough for the world.

For comparison I'd argue Liverpool have three world class players (Torres, Gerrard, maybe Reina), Chelsea have five (Cole, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba) and United have five (VDS, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney). There a couple for United and Chelsea who were world class at one point but have both aged too much: Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Carvalho. Cech hasn't been anywhere near as good since the injury.

ReputationRep:
    Gallas is scared of heading a ball. Lets buy another Vermaelen, please. No more ******s in defence and we might actually stand a decent chance.
    Is three points off the top not good enough for you :dry:?

ReputationRep:
    Ye stand a decent chance now, tbh, if ye improved certain areas then it'd be Utd and Chelsea chasing ye. [this season anyway]

ReputationRep:
    Is three two points off the top not good enough for you :dry:?
    Corrected. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, if you include VDS in your 'World Class' list, Cech is world class too.

Essien has a decent claim too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevmeister)
    Ye stand a decent chance now, tbh, if ye improved certain areas then it'd be Utd and Chelsea chasing ye. [this season anyway]
    Certain areas being Gallas, Almunia and Clichy, sure.

Is three points off the top not good enough for you :dry:?
    23423423423422342342342342342374 9283749283749283 points off top is good enough for me as long as we don't have a pussy like Gallas who's scared of heading a ball as our leader in defence.

I thought Toure was the problem. And to a certain extent he was. But we're still conceding as many goals as we did when he was around. Ever since Gallas replaced Sol, our defence has gone downhill.

ReputationRep:
    Good that we got Sol back in defence then:creep:.

ReputationRep:
    I would view it differently.

Arsenal - Rosicky, Fabregas
    Man Utd - Evra, Rooney, Vidic
    Chelsea - Terry, Drogba
    Liverpool - Torres

Gerrard is not world-class. He is an overly-media-hyped little cheating crybaby. And Ashley Cole isn't a patch on Patrice Evra.

ReputationRep:

23423423423422342342342342342374 9283749283749283 points off top is good enough for me as long as we don't have a pussy like Gallas who's scared of heading a ball as our leader in defence.

I thought Toure was the problem. And to a certain extent he was. But we're still conceding as many goals as we did when he was around. Ever since Gallas replaced Sol, our defence has gone downhill.
    Come on now. Gallas has been superb this season, and him and Vermaelen have complemented each other fantastically. Gallas is certainly one of our most consistently good performers this season.

Gallas is not our problem, not by a long shot. GK has been our main downfall, and with our LB position being changed too much, only now is Clichy gaining back his form.

ReputationRep:

I think that if ye improved on one of Gallas or Almunia then it'd improve the whole backline's confidence. Vermaelen is a beast.

Obviously, I want ye to keep Gallas et al. :gah:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.