Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I would view it differently.

Arsenal - Rosicky, Fabregas
    Man Utd - Evra, Rooney, Vidic
    Chelsea - Terry, Drogba
    Liverpool - Torres

Gerrard is not world-class. He is an overly-media-hyped little cheating crybaby. And Ashley Cole isn't a patch on Patrice Evra.
    LOL, some one still bitter about Ashley Cole leaving them. Bless.

Rosicky World Class and Gerrard, Essien, Lampard etc not? Ha Ha Ha.

ReputationRep:

Chelsea - Terry, Drogba
    Liverpool - Torres

Gerrard is not world-class. He is an overly-media-hyped little cheating crybaby. And Ashley Cole isn't a patch on Patrice Evra.
    RVP?
    Essien and Cech?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    LOL, some one still bitter about Ashley Cole leaving them. Bless.

Rosicky World Class and Gerrard, Essien, Lampard etc not? Ha Ha Ha.
    Essien? Lampard? Having a laugh much? So many players ahead of them. Xavi and Iniesta just for starters.

And for the record, I never liked Ashley Cole even while he was at the club. I thought his attitude was just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    What's with such a ****in' retarded comment?
    Are you drunk? If not, stop acting like a ******* ****.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, if you include VDS in your 'World Class' list, Cech is world class too.

Essien has a decent claim too.
    Yeh sorry. Essien should have been on my list. I knew I was missing a Chelsea midfielder.

For me Cech has been getting by on his repuation since his head injury. He's proved himself to be a liability at times. VDS, Reina and Given have all been comfortably better keepers in the last three years. VDS has been especially, been an absolute rock for us over the last few years and will be next year too. He's a real contender to Peter Schmeichel for our greatest ever now.

For those who are interested, Given is the only player outside the Big Four who I'd say is possibly world class.

ReputationRep:
    Essien? Lampard? Having a laugh much? So many players ahead of them. Xavi and Iniesta just for starters.

And for the record, I never liked Ashley Cole even while he was at the club. I thought his attitude was just terrible.
    Does Rosicky come on that list? Most certainly not. Lampard's more effective in what he does than most other players in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I snorted with laughter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Yeh sorry. Essien should have been on my list. I knew I was missing a Chelsea midfielder.

For me Cech has been getting by on his repuation since his head injury. He's proved himself to be a liability at times. VDS, Reina and Given have all been comfortably better keepers in the last three years. VDS has been especially, been an absolute rock for us over the last few years and will be next year too. He's a real contender to Peter Schmeichel for our greatest ever now.

For those who are interested, Given is the only player outside the Big Four who I'd say is possibly world class.
    The Cech theory on his 'decrease' in forum is absolutely rubbish, and most regulars at the Bridge echo my thoughts. Those who watch him the most often. Cech isn't a liability, a solid rock at the back who we can rely on almost every time.

World class outside of the top four... Would you really include Given in a list of top 5-8 keepers in the world? Think a good shout is Luka Modric though, perhaps if he added some more goals to his game.

ReputationRep:
    As much as Ashley Cole stands for everything that is wrong with the modern footballer, I'd still say he is world-class. In fact, I'd probably even pick him over Evra.

ReputationRep:

Chelsea - Terry, Drogba
    Liverpool - Torres

I hope we all realise we are never going to agree on this.

Despite being a United fan I'd have to say that I think Cole is a good contender with Evra for the best left back in a world, and Gerrard is without a doubt world class. His position in the various world player polls voted for by both the media (Ballon d'Or) and the football people (FIFA) are testament to that.

Rosicky I couldn't ever say was anything close to world class: before or after his injuries. He's a good player but I wouldn't look twice at him if I was picking a World XI.

ReputationRep:
    As much as Ashley Cole stands for everything that is wrong with the modern footballer, I'd still say he is world-class. In fact, I'd probably even pick him over Evra.
    Ya, I think we have the two best left backs in the world in England right now...

ReputationRep:
    The Cech theory on his 'decrease' in forum is absolutely rubbish, and most regulars at the Bridge echo my thoughts. Those who watch him the most often. Cech isn't a liability, a solid rock at the back who we can rely on almost every time.

World class outside of the top four... Would you really include Given in a list of top 5-8 keepers in the world? Think a good shout is Luka Modric though, perhaps if he added some more goals to his game.
    Not sure about Modric. He's good, but would you include him in a list of top 5-8 creative midfielders in the world?

ReputationRep:
    Does Rosicky come on that list? Most certainly not. Lampard's more effective in what he does than most other players in the world.
    Do Rosicky and Lampard play in the same position? I think not.

And 'most other' doesn't really quanitfy anything. Song is better than 'most other' defensive midfielders in the world, doesn't mean he's world-class (yet)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Not sure about Modric. He's good, but would you include him in a list of top 5-8 creative midfielders in the world?
    I wouldn't include Modric. Tbpfh I'd rather put Palacios in a World squad.

ReputationRep:
    Do Rosicky and Lampard play in the same position? I think not.

And 'most other' doesn't really quanitfy anything. Song is better than 'most other' defensive midfielders in the world, doesn't mean he's world-class (yet)...
    Do Xavi and Iniesta play in the same position as Lampard? I think not.

Ok, most other with the exception of a couple of players.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi and Iniesta play in a far more similar role to Lampard than Rosicky, and you know it.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi and Iniesta play in a far more similar role to Lampard than Rosicky, and you know it.
    I actually don't - I just remember some Barca fan on another forum having a go at me for trying to compare them to Lampard, saying they have completely different roles.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not what role they'd play I guess but the spot they'd take in a team.

Park Ji Sung is the best in the world at his role of a defensive winger but that doesn't necessarily mean he is world class (he's in the tier below, whatever that is, for me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    Well it's not what role they'd play I guess but the spot they'd take in a team.

Park Ji Sung is the best in the world at his role of a defensive winger but that doesn't necessarily mean he is world class (he's in the tier below, whatever that is, for me).
    Park isn't in the tier below World Class. LOL.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.