Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    I cant understand how stoke can still give you guys a hard game! Learn from your mistakes arsenal. I put a bet that Arsenal will be 2nd in PL so they better do well now onwards.
    Two victories from two league fixtures says otherwise. And don't mention the cup game because that was a load of youngsters.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a draw, obviously, but I definitely don't want Stoke to win assuming we're being realistic.

Keeping Chelsea as occupied as possible is very important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    What a surprise. Fat Frank with a deflected goal
    How the frack have you got Caroline Cheese following you on Twitter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    How the frack have you got Caroline Cheese following you on Twitter?
    I do? I thought I was just following her?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone must have me on ignore to miss my glorious insight.

I am going to stop posting ffs. Sick of it.

I am being WUMmed with this roar of silence.

When you're WUMming,
    Being a WUM
    When WUMs are in, your face...
    I will comfort you...

I'm not a WUMMMMMMM
    Ohhhhhhh if you need a WUM
    Then Zizali's on youuuurrr side
    Like a WUM over trouble WUMter, he will ease your mind...

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I do? I thought I was just following her?
    Oh. I don't know how it works...

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Everyone must have me on ignore to miss my glorious insight.

I am going to stop posting ffs. Sick of it.

I am being WUMmed with this roar of silence.

When you're WUMming,
    Being a WUM
    When WUMs are in, your face...
    I will comfort you...

I'm not a WUMMMMMMM
    Ohhhhhhh if you need a WUM
    Then Zizali's on youuuurrr side
    Like a WUM over trouble WUMter, he will ease your mind...

:facepalm2:
    Poor Robbie. Are the WUMs ignoring you? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I agree with you both. I do, also, believe that when reviewing the evidence of how forceful and OTT a 'tackle' was, one can't help but consider the damage caused... Obviously this may be the only objective measure of quite how 'bad' the tackle was.

People will cry and say things like 'the Arsenal player was too quick for him' or 'he's a big lad, of course he'll cause more damage with a mis-timed tackle' but when playing these players and when being large/powerful enough to do such damage, you hold an extra responsibility for not being reckless...

It's akin to a situation where two siblings are horse-play fighting and the mother says to the older one, 'be careful not to hurt him, Ryan'... It's just sensible.

This is why referees need to look at intent, as you have suggested, and not merely damage... because as with Walcott hurdling the lunge yesterday, it was wild and had no place in football... Fox escaping a card has just basically condemned this league to seeing plenty more 'accidents'... and what a terrible shame that will be, whoever is the victim.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the general consensus was that the tackle on Walcott was a good one...? I haven't seen the tackle myself but when people have discussed it, they have usually concluded that it was in fact a solid tackle?

ReputationRep:
    What was the point of Terry showing off his armband. :rolleyes: He's still lost the England one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the general consensus was that the tackle on Walcott was a good one...? I haven't seen the tackle myself but when people have discussed it, they have usually concluded that it was in fact a solid tackle?
    I thought it was pretty bad, tbh, a lunge is a good way to describe it. He had no control whatsoever.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    The commentators seemed to think he was showing that he is 'moving on' having lost the England captaincy, just made himself look like even more of a **** imo.
    Worthy enough that people might put up clips on youtube? watching terry make a fool of himself is more interesting than it sounds.:no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I thought it was pretty bad, tbh, a lunge is a good way to describe it. He had no control whatsoever.....
    Really? That's fair enough then.

I must be thinking of a different tackle or the people I am refering to are idiots :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    He had both feet off the ground and at full speed. Dangerous, and there is no other requirement for analysis. It was careless and stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    The commentators seemed to think he was showing that he is 'moving on' having lost the England captaincy, just made himself look like even more of a **** imo.
    Couldn't have put it better myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    Villa vs Chelsea

Fulham/Tottenham vs Portsmouth

:mmm:

I'm getting this really weird feeling that Portsmouth will win the FA Cup :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I would love if either Portsmouth or Fulham won the Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Villa vs Chelsea

Fulham/Tottenham vs Portsmouth

:mmm:

I'm getting this really weird feeling that Portsmouth will win the FA Cup :ninja:
    As long as Spurs/Chelsea don't win it, I don't mind who wins it.

ReputationRep:
    A bit late, but:

Essien is not world-class. Just because the english media have a fetish for dirty rough DMs, doesn't mean he is worldclass. Overrated I would say. As for worldclass, I would say:

Arsenal: Arshavin, Fabregas, Rosicky and RVP (I've been saying Rosicky was worldclass from when he was at Dortmund)

United: Evra, Ferdinand and Rooney

Chelsea: Cech, Cashley, Terry, Drogba

City: Given, Robinho.

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    right...Essien's not worldclass but Rosicky is :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    As long as Spurs/Chelsea don't win it, I don't mind who wins it.
    The only two teams I enjoy watching apart from Arsenal are Everton and Fulham. The rest can **** off for all I care. having said that, I think Portsmouth deserve to win it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.